I will never reach R1 as a killer. Thanks Gen Rushing.
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum, and I love this game. I play it as a survivor rank 1 and a killer the highest I got was rank 4. I watch many top streamers who play this game and do not have corrupt intervention to help slow the game down.
First of all I'd like to say that I have been trying to get rank 1 as a killer, but I admit I am not as good as the streamers who play this game, but it shouldn't be that hard to get to rank 1 as a killer. The amount of points you need to rank up as a killer with the way this current emblem system is... It's nearly impossible unless you are a professional streaming killer, and even they lose to SWF groups.
Now here are some suggestions I have for the devs about how we can make things fairer.
The first one makes the most sense to me to balance out the game, make a ranked, and a casual mode, and within both these modes, make one Playlist where partying up with your friends is disabled, and one Playlist where you can join with friends.
If this feature is never implemented then new players will always have a bad experience in my opinion. The main issue with this game is that it was intended originally to have no communication on mics with direct call-outs that hugely help the survivors. I have noticed I can win as a killer even against top ranked survivors, as long as they weren't SWF. So thats one huge problem.
To help out killers against SWF groups, there should be some changes such as: killer movement speed increase, bloodlust is obtained faster, bloodlust doesn't go away when breaking pallets, generators spawn closer, maps are cut in half in size, get rid of the injured state to eliminate tiers of killers based off M1 vs 1 shot down killers, have pop goes the weasel be a default result of kicking any generator, bring back the old hex ruin.
These buffs to killers would make it fairer to fight against SWF groups, but make the game impossible for new players who aren't SWF.
There is clearly a bias war dividing this community between survivor mains, and killer mains. At the games current state I have little incentive to want to play as killer, because I feel I have no power, and that I am the victim getting bullied by 4 people on communications. This is why you see so many killers farming and trying to derank so the games can be fun again.
But since Gen Rushing is the current meta and strategy, I think to really get the devs attention, as killers, who are required to even play this game, I suggest to all the killers who feel my pain to start a new movement. I do not know what the hashtag should be, but the movement involves fighting fire with fire. Gen rushing does nothing but make the game not fun. No one really pips from a true gen rush, and it deranks killers like me who are trying to get to rank 1. So I suggest we all start Bubba insidious face camping survivors to give them a taste of their own medicine. You want boring games? Bring it on. You want to hold the game hostage as retaliation to my protest? Bring it on. Eventually people will stop playing this game, which will FORCE the devs to do something about it. At least just change the way the emblem system works, and give killers 2-4 times the amount of blood points for having to deal with this Gen rush meta and give us incentive to play killer again.
Thank you for your time,
#FixThisGame
Comments
You want a way to beat good players and get to rank 1?
I believe I know a certain man who goes by the man Bubba who can help with that.
I am good enough. Get rekt.
Congrats dude. The gen rush is real but thankfully its not every game
You don't need to reach red ranks you know, as long as you have fun
If everybody was able to reach red rank then what would be the point of the lower ranks
My advice is to stop trying to reach the red ranks and just play to have fun
You'll find yourself hitting it without even realising
I'm not that good at either role being honest with myself. But I can make it to purple with survivor every time. I never make it past rank 6 though. Can't loop for anything, especially if the killer is half decent. Getting better depending on the map. Ive lost many times and have still been able to pip. Killer I can't get past the top green into the purple. I can completely destroy at times,and feel like I'm way better than myself,or other people,anticipate. Then sometimes I feel like I can't do anything.
Point being,I personally feel like it's harder to rank up with killer. You aren't getting that pip without some work. Sometimes you'll get an SWF,sometimes you'll get people that are better than you. The match can't go too fast,or too slow. Survivor you can just do a couple of gens,some bones,a save or two,and the outcome really doesn't matter. I stopped caring about rank awhile ago. If the matchmaking doesn't care,why should I,lol? I just kinda use it as a gauge after the match to see what I was up against.
Look, having these fix ideas are fine and all but no. None of this works. Consider an actual new SWF group for one, all rank 20-15 and consider the always broken rank pairings. I've found I'm 15 getting reds and purples then when I'm 12 I'm getting reds, yellows and browns. To make bloodlust stay after action, its killers choice to perform action. If you dont want to bloodlust a pallet that's on you.
There are still other gen degression perks I.e Pop, Overcharge, Surge etc. SWF are strong sure but it's not swf that needs the nurfing in a sense. The game needs what Rainbow Siege did with Operation Health. No new content, spend a few months overhauling fixes and patches.
And SWF are much rarer than some make it to be. Trust me, you'll know if they are. Just saying every team that beats you is a four man is not a four man half the time, they just played well.
If you "Want" to resort to sad Insidious Bubba, again... all on you. You'll probably get one-two free pity kills and you'll be no better for it, you'll only safety pip at best. Cause guess what Red rank IS hard, that's the point. No matter how good I play I cant get passed 3 but I dont care cause for me 1 doesnt mean anything.
They've changed maps for killer, changed loops. If you still need to bloodlust then damn you're doing something wrong. And this comes from a killer main. The argument is gen speed. Nothing else. Fix gen speed, swf wont be so bad. Hell half the time they're so altruistic it works better for killer.
Looping is just about judging distance and staying as close to the wall as possible. Dont be afraid to throw the pallet if you think the killer is to close. Eventually youll have the distances down well enough. Theres no such thing as a wasted pallet with how fast gen speeds are. Assuming your team is actually doing gens you could run to every pallet on the map and throw it early, by the time youve thrown all the pallets the gens are done, exit gates are open and egc is about over. Thats not to say you SHOULD camp pallets and throw early, just that its ok if you throw one sooner than you should have
A killer main that just admitted they cant get past r3 is lecturing us on how bloodlust is no longer needed because the games killer sided now and how camping is sad? It sounds to me like you dont understand the game as well as you think you do. Im not trying to be mean its just a weird thing to say all those things in a single post.
That said I agree with you on swf not being that big of an issue, gen speeds in and of themselves I think are actually OK, the problem is thats all thats required. There NEEDS to be a non optional secondary objective. Kind of like pigs rbts but more consistent.
I was referring to bloodlust staying after an action is performed which is what this person wants which would be honestly stupid as it rewards for free with no punishment. You just misunderstood. But that's fine, just the read the post a bit more next time. All's cool.
Honestly, this kid wanting even smaller maps, substantial gen degression, free infinite bloodlust until hit... he just wants a free game and threatens to insidious Bubba if he doesnt get a resolve. It just sounds like a child made that post.
You already admitted you're not that good so why do you feel like you deserve to hit rank 1? You don't need to be anywhere near close to a professional. If you really wanna hit rank 1 try Legion as ranking up with them is probably the easiest out of all the killers.
so manu killers waste time chase one surv, camp and tunnel one surv, then go dbd forrum and crying about gen rush ofc is gen rush when chase one surv lol