QoL / Slight Buff for Killers
I've been thinking of this a while already and wanted to ask for you guys' opinion:
What if Shadowborn instead of it being a perk (which is kinda silly imo), why should it not be basekit/ why shouldn't it be part of a setting for Killers that you can increase or decrease by your own choice (with a limit of course)? I think many Killers would enjoy their FOV being increased without wasting a perk slot for it and I don't think it would change much in terms of balance.
I was a fellow Console Player (swapped to PC since almost a year) but I remember Console having massive 360 issues because, obviously, of the poor optimization. But I know from my experience that an increased FOV made 360s on console much more harder to execute as a Survivor. What do you guys (and maybe Devs) think? I think it's a huge QoL Change that Killers would welcome a lot. The only issue I see with it, is that for some Killers this can be more then just a QoL and rather a strong Buff such as Nurse, Oni in his Bloodfury and maybe Spirit.
Comments
It's your own decision tho to increase your FOV or not. I personally would, and many others I talked to aswell. It's really not that hard to not eat a Flashlight Save, even with Shadowborn, lol.
This game has its current FOV for a reason. The ability to change it would be an advantage. So, no. They probably will never make FOV changes a basekit option for Killers outside of having to use a perk slot.
Increased FOV is an advantage for killers.
Never said it isn't. Well, maybe describing it as QoL is misleading, it's definitely a buff. But it's not gamebreaking or a strong buff by any means and would improve the Killer experience a lot imo.
My wife can't even play killers because I guess she gets some motion sickness or something.
It's not even the first person view, either. Because she normally loves FPS games. There's just something about the narrow FOV and movement I guess.
Um, yes. Being able to see more around you as a killer would be a pretty big buff.
I disagree with that. As someone already mentioned, it increased the window of you being beamed by a Flashlight. Something worth mentioning.
But besides that, no it's definitely not a strong Buff. You don't have to give a Killer the FOV of Shadowborn, you can also consider the FOV of Monitor as a setting. Increasing a Survivors FOV (as seen by ppl stretching their Screens through settings outside of DBD) is a much bigger advantage then the increase of the FOV of a Killer.
The point now is not complaining about the stretch thingy that Survivors can do on PC. My point is making the Killer experience more fun. And with how many Soundissues, Scratch Mark issues there is, I think many Killers would welcome this a lot. Especially the people on console that already heavily struggle with FPS and darkness issues on some Maps such as Yamaoka.
Increased FOV would be a big hassle, and for what? Making stealth weaker than it is already? Like you said, you can use a perk slot to increase your FOV already.
And like I already said, wasting a Perk Slot just to increase your FOV is silly. A Killer has 4 Perk Slots. There's no room to waste a whole Perk Slot just to increase your FOV.
Besides, stealth is far away from being weak. The increased FOV does not counter Stealth at all, I don't know how that is even an argument. It helps for sure, but there's countless of Perks that help you being stealthy. Shadowborn is not gonna make me find crouching Survivors on Yamaoka, lol.
Making the Killer-role more attractive is very important in this period, where Survivor Lobbies usually take 5-7 minutes and Killer Lobbies are instant. A change like this is way more attractive, then the next pallet loop being removed on Coldwind. I don't think you really understand that it's not a balance discussion right now, and more-so making it visually more attractive, again, without wasting a Perk slot for it. It would also help the people who get motion-sickness from playing with imo such a low FOV, which I heard many people suffer from by playing Killer without Shadowborn.
Minor changes don't really affect how many killers play, and these shifts in the amount of killers playing don't really affect queues. As long as ranking and matchmaking are borked, high rank survivor queues will take forever and low rank survivor queues will be instant.
"BHVR, Can we have a perk that makes it easier to hear survivors?"
Man idk honestly anymore, I feel like someone's only playing Survivor here lol. I'm sure the Survivors would welcome some QoL Changes too and we can talk about it aswell. But you being so negative to possible every slight "buff" that Killers might get is frightening lol.
Ikr, players act like seeing and hearing is something normal that you're supposed to be able to do. What an entertaining mindset to observe ๐
Man idk honestly anymore, I feel like someone's only playing Survivor here lol. I'm sure the Survivors would welcome some QoL Changes too and we can talk about it aswell. But you being so negative to possible every slight "buff" that Killers might get is frightening lol.
Eh killers do it all the time. You wouldn't believe how many people are against a totem counter. Simply increasing killer FOV just doesn't seem that impactful and just makes the game more linear than it is already. It wouldn't be an outright bad change I'll admit, but it doesn't do too much good for the effort and rebalancing required. I'm trying to use logic here, because I'm not biased and would love it if killer felt better even thought it already feels pretty good disregarding the bugs.