Clown OP, plz nerf
Have you noticed something? There is no thread such as this. You know why?
Because the killer is weak as hell. Even Wraith had his "Wraith OP, plz nerf" threads...
Have you noticed something? There is no thread such as this. You know why?
Because the killer is weak as hell. Even Wraith had his "Wraith OP, plz nerf" threads...
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It has a few on steam.
Tho they're mostly trolls and baits.
The clown could use some tweaks, discussed it with Horvath, he took the opinions but he'd rather wait before doing any small buff atm.
He needs:
-throwing bottles like Huntress do, but with limited range
I suggested it a few things, he didn't seem quite interested so far. Probably still gathering some intel. Doesn't seem aware that people consider him pretty weak tho already.
He probably thinks we're too hasty to judge, which is possible, but I doubt it since he's pretty straightforward.
On the other thread, I wrote something about killer being weak. The Dev responded to me with this, > > @Janick said:
Then I've responded with this:
"> Sure, but:
And you know what? His only respond was "The gas lasts 10 seconds". And that is it. When I asked him to respond to ALL my comment, he didn't.
So yeah, they think he is a pretty good killer, refusing to listen to every argument that says otherwise.
He's solid at the moment. He does need a few tweaks.
Such as slightly larger gas cloud AoE
or
Longer lasting cloud
or
Longer effect in current sized cloud
and the ultra rare add on should have NO drawbacks. It's Ultra Rare and you might only get 2-3 of them every 40 levels in the web. Why not make it STRONG. Killers need STRONG ultra rare add ons.
He isnt weak. He is quite balanced just you need to be skilled and predict well.
Survivors don't even bother to avoid his gas, because it does nothing.
I think he's okay. I just don't like his throwing. Feels odd.
lol.
And then you run into a Clown running bottle of bleach + Ethol bottle.
Say bye bye to your movement speed. Almost crouching speed while running? Oh bby.
This just isn't true at all. The PTB is only just out we need to give it some time and learn how to play him well. He is not useless at all in fact he has good potential. Walking through the clouds is not a good idea and with some actual planning and thought you can cause survivors real problems on pallet loops. There are so many ways to think about using the bottles ... I think more practice and games is needed before declaring he is rubbish.
Does he need a few tweaks? Yes of course but the whole idea is great and I am very happy with what we are seeing so far.
Like what are you guys all saying? He has been out for a short time, nobody has had the time to master him - go up against a good clown and he will destroy you. E.g: Nurse - if you dont know how to play her she is ass, master her, best killer in the game.
This is not one of those instances. He is flat out weak right now. He needs some major tweaking.
The killer is fine right now, people who want nerfs are trolling. He has uses and I consider him to be fairly balanced.
People said the same thing about freddy when people said he was weak and now look at him.
I agree that first impression can be false but sometime it hit the right spot.
Notable example are the original reaction to DS and BT when they where announced.
Not being able to "master him yet" doesn't change the fact that you can see if a killer has potential or not, without being able to play him perfectly.
Nurse has HUGE rewards for being played right, since it's pretty much a nearly garanteed hit on a proper blink.
Does a properly placed bottle will give you a hit everytime ? I heavily doubt so. It sure will give you a strategic advantage, maybe an early pallet drop and such. But is it a solid tactic like the Nurse's ? Not really.
Imo he could use a few tweaks. It's PTB, giving him a few more buffs to see how it goes, and eventually revert if it goes too far, wouldn't be excessive imo.
No! He needs a bit buff i mean +0.5 hindred work
Like I said in another thread, people that originaly complain about how much a killer is "OP" are more than likely too occupied complaining about the pallet change and hatch change to care about the new killer.
He has potential, alright?
He's definitely not weak, nor strong.
he's quite mid tier at the moment from what I can tell.
one of his add ons got a buff a few minutes ago in the latest PTB patch. They are making the right choices.
Great job DBD devs.
I've been playing him extensively today.
He has potential, but nearly not as much as Nurse.
He's a good mid-tier in my opinion.
Yes very much the case. Very mid tier. Very Pig like in a lot of ways. I'd say he's just below huntress or maybe equal.
I compare him more to the doctor, tho he doesn't have as much utility to find people and his ability is quite different. Doctor is more about getting the timing, and Clown is more about finding the proper area to nade, quickly.
Definitely interesting tho.
Yeah he is more like the Doctor, what I meant was in killer standing/tier ranking...
He's in that Pig/Huntress/Doctor feeling. I personally think he's just above huntress myself. He's got the ability to get a hit almost every time in the above when there's a large gap in space.
I have to politely disagree with this, I've dominated teams with utilising just the gas cloud, both for area denial and the 15% speed debuff.
I think hitting the survivor is literally only 50% of how the clown should be played, great to slow down a survivor to enable a clean hit, but I feel its more about area denial and closing off routes (risk/reward for survivor) - blocking vaults etc. He does seem somewhere in the middle - most high tier killers though are there because they are able to close down space and control to a degree where the survivor is going - which is something I think the clown does well.
Could be no posts because he isn't OP but that doesn't mean he is low tier either - could mean he is in a "good" place ?
no news is good news 
Simply change the blur effect which does nothing into a blindness effect. Survivors have to ability to completely blind the killer and they are playing the weak role....
The only thing about the clown that i think is OP at all are some of his add-ons. The ones that cause exhaustion for 30 seconds+. Taking away perks from survivors is bad balancing, unless you're willing to lengthen the time it takes to reload the bottles by a decent margin.
Oh but Hex Perks are just fine?
Hypocrisy.
Hypocrites!!!!
Lol, what about the huntress or pig with 90 second exhaustion / infinite?
Seems like he’s fine and killers just need a buff in general...
Yes I would really like to see some stuff that plays with the survivors ability to sprint, duration of the gas is fine in my opinion, just the effect is too weak
Hello, i would like to talk about Hex Perks. Taking away killer perks for the entire match is bad balancing too.
Of course, because it makes the killers weaker, so who cares?