Plague rework request - Vile Purge
How is it balanced for a killer power to inherently bring perks, medkits and their add-ons, and the ability to heal to a screeching halt? Iron Will and anything to do with healing (medikits and their add-ons, and a great deal of perks), are completely negated by the coughing and permanent broken status effect brought on by Vile Purge. I have no issue with Corrupt Purge - I am essentially bringing this topic up only to discuss the Vile Purge power.
I propose as a change that Iron Will overcomes the urge to cough (similar to how Calm Spirit was buffed to overcome screaming); and instead of bringing on the broken status effect, Vile Purge do just about anything else at max infection. An idea I have is that survivor speeds for all actions (generator repair, cleansing, vaulting, healing, and opening gates) are slowed down, and the slow gets progressively worse as the infection goes on (up to a max value of, let's say, 15%).
(5/19/2020) I have been thinking about how much more this is a problem for medkit add-ons in the current build. How is it fair that survivor cannot have a chance to use add-ons that they bring into the match, which they will now lose whether they use it or not? Even if they are able to survive, they may have lost a 7,000 BP add-on (in the worst case scenario), or any other combination of add-ons.
I'm open to hearing other suggestions/input as well. Thank you!
Edit: brought up further issue with this killer power, considering the new feature where survivors lose add-ons after every trial no matter if they survive or die.
Comments
Sorry, but I wasn't asking for commentary on how to play against her, or her being strong or weak. I'm bringing up the issue that a killer can make a plethora of survivor perks have little or no effect for the entirety of a match, which you did not address. Here's my list (either partially or fully negated by Vile Purge - this may not be comprehensive either):
Great her design is to anti heal..but you forget those perks are pointless anyway because she gives out infinite insta heals..so..I fail to see the issue here
"Infinite insta heals":
I hope they don't do this. I actually would like her slightly buffed tbh. It's also not unusual for killer abilities to negate perks. Some include:
Plague is at best a B tier killer so if they removed the guaranteed injured status then she'd be soo much weaker.
Ok? Botany knowledge more than negates sloppy, detectives hunch counters every totem perk for free, well make it beats every anti heal perk combined, ds and unbreakable together are uncountable..stuff goes both ways , each killer has their own sphere of influence..plagues happens to be heavy anti heal..its the power role. Perks should never trump killer powers..the devs themselves say they're at all costs avoiding that
Again, these are perks countering other perks. I am referring to a killer power completely stopping survivor perks in their tracks, for the entire duration of a trial. Sloppy still gives the haemorrhage status effect, even if you can outheal the mangled status effect; Detective's Hunch isn't free, as a generator must be completed; We'll Make it Requires an unhook and is only for a limited time; and Decisive Strike and Unbreakable both have their limits.
There's a total difference between anti-heal and disabling healing altogether. Perhaps we're just going to agree to disagree here.
Wanted to bump this, as I brought up further issue with this killer power in light of the newest fun feature of Dead by Daylight: survivors always losing add-ons after every trial no matter what.
Healing perks and addons can still be used to pick up downed survivors.