Question about Hook Sabotage with a Toolbox.

Does anybody know how many Charges are consumed when sabotaging a Hook with a Toolbox?

Let's say I use the normal Toolbox with 20 Charges, how many Charges does one Hook Sabotage consume?

Comments

  • @MrDardon said:

    Does anybody know how many Charges are consumed when sabotaging a Hook with a Toolbox?

    Let's say I use the normal Toolbox with 20 Charges, how many Charges does one Hook Sabotage consume?

    If I am not wrong it has 5,5 charges or 5,6 it's somewhere between

  • Hooks require 6 charges to sabo. Each toolbox sabo's at slightly different rates (except Alex's which sabos a lot faster).

    • Worn Out Tools sabo in 3s. (base)
    • Toolbox (yellow) sabos in 2.8s. (+10% speed)
    • Mechanic's Toolbox sabos in 3.1s. (-10% speed)
    • Engineer Toolbox sabos in 3.4s. (-25% speed)
    • Alex's Toolbox sabos in 2.4s. (+50% speed)

    I asked this question a while ago, if you want to read through the thread.

    @thesuicidefox said:

    Does anyone know how many charges EXACTLY it takes to sabotage a hook with a toolbox?

    I did some tests here are the results:

    -Commodious Toolbox w/ Scraps (40 charges) = 6 hooks + less than half a 7th hook

    -Toolbox w/ Scraps (28 charges) = 3 hooks + nearly a 4th hook

    -Worn Out Tools (16 charges) = 2 hooks + less than half a 3rd hook

    Something isn't adding up here. I was able to do 3 more hooks with 12 more charges. No matter what number I pick the numbers don't work out the same for each toolbox. If I go with 5 charges, well I should have been able to do 8, 5, and 3 respectively. If we assume the add-ons don't give extra charges for sabo then it would have been 6, 4, and 3. If I go with 6, then I would have been able to do 6, 4, and 2. If I go with 7, then I would only be able to do 5, 4 (exactly), and 2.

    Can a dev chime in on this? @Janick @Almo It seems like the number of charges for sabo is inconsistent, unless each toolbox uses charges at different rates when sabotaging, but that doesn't make sense either. Speeds could be different but AFAIK speed and charges are separate things. Having a faster speed just means you apply charges at a faster rate.

    PS. It is possible the second figure is wrong, since I ran up to a hook but then got found by the killer at the same moment. I honestly can't remember if I started the sabo action or not, if I did there's a chance I could have done 4 hooks with some left over which means it would take 6 charges, but I'm fairly positive that I didn't do the action at all.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    Hooks require 6 charges to sabo. Each toolbox sabo's at slightly different rates (except Alex's which sabos a lot faster).

    • Worn Out Tools sabo in 3s. (base)
    • Toolbox (yellow) sabos in 2.8s. (+10% speed)
    • Mechanic's Toolbox sabos in 3.1s. (-10% speed)
    • Engineer Toolbox sabos in 3.4s. (-25% speed)
    • Alex's Toolbox sabos in 2.4s. (+50% speed)

    I asked this question a while ago, if you want to read through the thread.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/141772/toolbox-sabotage-charges

    It is more like 6.3 charges. Almo didn't respond to what I mentioned on this thread. You cannot sabo 4 hooks with Alex' toolbox, it is only ~3.9 hooks

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1274801#Comment_1274801

    It is more like 6.3 charges. Almo didn't respond to what I mentioned on this thread. You cannot sabo 4 hooks with Alex' toolbox, it is only ~3.9 hooks

    He said it was a bug. It's supposed to do 4 hooks completely and be used up.

    He said in his first response that hooks have 6 charges. And after testing it myself, it works out to that for other Toolbox's.

    @Almo said:

    I just verified in the editor that...

    Alex's Toolbox...

    Does...

    3 hooks. Bug entered, we'll look at it, and make sure all of the boxes work properly. :) What was throwing me off was that Alex's is the only one with an exact amount of hooks. But your example with the addon is probably related.


  • 6 for standard toolbox

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1274814#Comment_1274814

    He said it was a bug. It's supposed to do 4 hooks completely and be used up.

    He said in his first response that hooks have 6 charges. And after testing it myself, it works out to that for other Toolbox's.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1201572#Comment_1201572

    Ok then I have also to test again. When I tested that when your thread was up, I could not sabo 4 hooks with Alex toolbox. And there were no mentionings in any patch notes regarding sabo charges

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1274866#Comment_1274866

    Ok then I have also to test again. When I tested that when your thread was up, I could not sabo 4 hooks with Alex toolbox. And there were no mentionings in any patch notes regarding sabo charges

    ???

    He said the thing with Alex's Toolbox was a bug. You're supposed to be able to do 4 hooks.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1274941#Comment_1274941

    ???

    He said the thing with Alex's Toolbox was a bug. You're supposed to be able to do 4 hooks.

    Ok, as I was not referenced, I didn't get his last message. If it is a clean 6 charges and the bugs fixed, that makes things a lot easier :)

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1274942#Comment_1274942

    Ok, as I was not referenced, I didn't get his last message. If it is a clean 6 charges and the bugs fixed, that makes things a lot easier :)

    He said he logged it. Haven't seen anything in any patch notes so I don't think it's fixed yet.