The Shroud of Social Distancing
You probably know where this is already heading: I started a round and the Killer had provided a hidden offering, and as the Yamaoka Residence drifted in, I noted Yui had spawned with me. "Mori Time!" I thought, then proceeded with the game.
Anyway, all 4 of us escaped the camera-wielding Ghost Face, and I skipped through the end pages to see which Mori it was; it was none of them! The Shroud of Separation appeared, and other than that I had provided the only other offering - a 50% Survival satchet. There were no other items that could've countered it.
Both Ghost Face and I tried to figure this out, but we're both stumped. Has anybody come across this? On the plus side, Yui and I were about 5 metres apart, so at least the shroud had allotted appropriate social distancing.
Comments
Hm... Maybe you both spawned at the edges of tiles? But it didn't see it would spawn you really close? Im not sure.
It's been that way since, oh, around June 14th, 2016.
Been that way for a while. For the life of me I can not understand why any killer would use one of those offerings or why it is even a killer offering. Not because it doesn't work, but because I feel it is much more detrimental to the killer to have everyone spawn spread out across the map.
I'm not sure how bad the DCing is nowadays, but back in the day survivors would often DC for any secret offering (because "it's always a Mori, nobody uses any other secret offerings"), potentially making a Shroud of Separation essentially the same as an insta-kill.
Thanks for the replies guys. I wasn't aware how far back this was happening, & it was the first time I've witnessed it (relatively recently started this game). At least it's now know that offering is completely useless for the killer.