Custom Game Idea

Would it be possible to add bots to the Custom Game Mode? Just as a way to test out various builds or to test skill?

I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how hard this would be to implement, if at all. But it was just an idea I had.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • it would be nice to practice killers you struggle with against bots like nurse or else depip to rank 16

  • AI is one of, of not the, hardest and most complicated things to program. So the answer is in theory yes, in practice not necessarily. It's not too difficult to have a bot like those in the tutorial who follow a set path and do a particular action, but creating a bot against which players could test their skill would require developing an AI capable of imitating the rational and moral thought patterns of a real human being, which would be incredibly time-consuming and probably wouldn't improve the game proportionally to the amount of resources it would take to develop.

  • All I want to do is be able to go into maps, with or without bots I don't mind.

    It would help me practice my Nurse, Huntress and possibly find a golden toolbox.

  • @Fibijean said:

    AI is one of, of not the, hardest and most complicated things to program. So the answer is in theory yes, in practice not necessarily. It's not too difficult to have a bot like those in the tutorial who follow a set path and do a particular action, but creating a bot against which players could test their skill would require developing an AI capable of imitating the rational and moral thought patterns of a real human being, which would be incredibly time-consuming and probably wouldn't improve the game proportionally to the amount of resources it would take to develop.

    Yeah, I figured. It'd be a neat idea for a Practice Mode of sorts.

  • @Megaguardain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262954#Comment_1262954

    Yeah, I figured. It'd be a neat idea for a Practice Mode of sorts.

    It sure would. At the very least, I'd like to have what @CheersTC suggested and be able to enter a custom game in single player to use as a practice arena.