Other games region-lock Russia. Why not Dead by Daylight? ๐Ÿ‘€

Title. No further comment on this from my part.

Comments

  • Okay, but why? I get some games, they take verbal communication. DBD isn't one of those. So what's your reasoning?

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    Okay, but why? I get some games, they take verbal communication. DBD isn't one of those. So what's your reasoning?

    I'm trying not to sound insulting or racist in any way, It's just that Russians have a very different (unique) play-style than regular players, and I'm 100% positive many will agree with me. That, and maybe a bit of communication too in pre-game chat and post-game chat. If you solo queue and you are placed with a 3-man Russian SWF who talk out their plans in pre-game chat or perhaps talk some smack for no reason in post-game chat, it's something you want to understand and maybe report them for it. Not everyone knows Russian and not everyone wants to see Russian(s).

  • I like it, when the endgamechat starts speaking adidas track suit. I had russian in school, so I can read it and to a certain degree understand what they are saying.

    From my personal experience, russians are either absolute beasts or just bad. There is little space between these two ends. But again, just my experience. I may be biased because of my Dota 2 experience.

    But they don't need a region lock.

  • It would be cool

  • Isn't that mostly done to undermine grey-market sales?

  • Xenophobic got it.

  • No one would be hurt by this. Russians will get to play with themselves and feel how much of a big tryhards they are, and European matches might be longer to find than usual.

  • @Godot said:

    No one would be hurt by this. Russians will get to play with themselves and feel how much of a big tryhards they are, and European matches might be longer to find than usual.

    Queue times might increase but no one would be hurt by this? What?

  • @Orion said:

    Would you suck a black cock?? no?? ... you are racist.

    If my boyfriend was black, yes, absolutely.

    Moving on, very few games actually region lock any country, and for good reason: there is no good criteria for doing so.

    If we're going off of ban statistics, then using CS:GO as a basis for comparison, the USA should be region-locked because that's where most cheaters are from, according to some data I found from 2016.

    If we're using personal anecdotes about which players are "tryhards" (as if that's a bad thing in a competitive game that only has a ranked mode) or "uncooperative" then, in my experience, they come from every country, including my own.

    Which criteria are you going for?

    My criteria is everyone should have the option to customize the game for the best personal experience, thats why ping and language exist...


    If you played CS:GO on russian servers and had the time of your life elaborating team plans by talking in unicode characters while having 200ms ping im happy for you, but not everyone can do that...


    Also people have the right to express opinion without public scrutiny, i just replied with the same level of logic to the millennial police ( @shwag )..

    According to @shwag impecable logic Steam is Xenophobic.... you should not support such platform...


    Region equality we can start by charging me 1 euro for DBD like its done in russia.