VPN!! Devs Please!

Are you going to do something about the VPN users holy crap man its getting out of control.

Comments

  • The point of a VPN is to mask the users ip address. I'm sure the developers are powerless in dealing with this.

  • @ermsy said:

    The point of a VPN is to mask the users ip address. I'm sure the developers are powerless in dealing with this.

    Mostly, but serious attention paid to multiple reports of someone suspected of using a VPN would help.

  • What's wrong with ppl using VPN?

  • The best part is, survivors can cheat like this as well. Use the cheat software to know who the killer is and choke your connection.

  • @BabyBubz said:

    What's wrong with ppl using VPN?

    It's a cheat to abuse the dedicated servers. Example: a chinesse person uses vpn to connect to american servers, you would think he had lag, but the ip of the vpn makes the server think that person has green ping, so the server gives priority to the killer's pov, and that ends into being hitted miles away from the killer smoothly.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261197#Comment_1261197

    It's a cheat to abuse the dedicated servers. Example: a chinesse person uses vpn to connect to american servers, you would think he had lag, but the ip of the vpn makes the server think that person has green ping, so the server gives priority to the killer's pov, and that ends into being hitted miles away from the killer smoothly.

    I don't know who uses it like this, but I have to use VPN due to rank update error and infinite loading screens, because it's the only way for me to dodge them. Moreover, I have normal ping and when I play as a survivor or killer no one has this issue, thanks god :)

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261197#Comment_1261197

    It's a cheat to abuse the dedicated servers. Example: a chinesse person uses vpn to connect to american servers, you would think he had lag, but the ip of the vpn makes the server think that person has green ping, so the server gives priority to the killer's pov, and that ends into being hitted miles away from the killer smoothly.

    I don't know about other people, but as for me, I'm forced to use VPN because of infinite loading screens and rank update errors. For me it's the only way to dodge them. Moreover, I have normal ping for the most of time and people I play with/against don't have 1 km hits :D