Can everybody seriously chill with the DS changes

Like they changed the perk because killers complained about it and now they are complaining about it again?. No offense but the game needs more important changes than a perk. I guess everybody wants the perk to get the Mettle of Man treatment. So far I have never been hit with DS. If I were to get hit by it, it is so easy to counter it. If they run to a locker, eat it up, they will become more weaker in the end game and you dont have to worry about it. Slug them or use BBQ to find other survivors and patrol gens. I am really sick and tired of people jumping from nerfing this to that and besides I am pretty sure the Perk won’t be touched for a long time.

Comments

  • @BabyCameron10 said:

    Like they changed the perk because killers complained about it and now they are complaining about it again?. No offense but the game needs more important changes than a perk. I guess everybody wants the perk to get the Mettle of Man treatment. So far I have never been hit with DS. If I were to get hit by it, it is so easy to counter it. If they run to a locker, eat it up, they will become more weaker in the end game and you dont have to worry about it. Slug them or use BBQ to find other survivors and patrol gens. I am really sick and tired of people jumping from nerfing this to that and besides I am pretty sure the Perk won’t be touched for a long time.

    I think it's because they didn't actually remove the things people were complaining about before, they just changed them to different things that are equally as valid to complain about. That's the thing, they changed it yes, but they didn't fix it.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not on these forums making constant DS hate threads or anything, but the complaints I see are very valid, and to ignore them is just kinda... ignorant.

  • @BabyCameron10 said:

    Like they changed the perk because killers complained about it and now they are complaining about it again?. No offense but the game needs more important changes than a perk. I guess everybody wants the perk to get the Mettle of Man treatment. So far I have never been hit with DS. If I were to get hit by it, it is so easy to counter it. If they run to a locker, eat it up, they will become more weaker in the end game and you dont have to worry about it. Slug them or use BBQ to find other survivors and patrol gens. I am really sick and tired of people jumping from nerfing this to that and besides I am pretty sure the Perk won’t be touched for a long time.

    yeah ok, now go for red ranks where everyone runs it along with Adren, BT and DH and you try to play a fun fair manner, aka no tunneling or camping...enjoy

  • @FIXYOURGAMENOW said:

    I think DS is fine where it is. It does suck when you get hit with it during EGC and you played fun and fair.

    I’m a rank 1 killer and I rarely get hit with DS so I’ve never had many issues with it. I don’t really tunneling unless I have a valid reason too.

    Most killer that complain about DS are these types of people. - I want at fun and fairness

    ALSO THESE PEOPLE

    When there’s an obsession- Most Killers: 4 man SWF, they all got DS, I must slug to avoid DS.

    When there’s no obsession- Most Killer: Oh Boy, nobody have DS I’m free to tunnel :)

    I had several games when there was no obsession and the killer just tunnels everyone to death. At the end they said “maybe you should ran DS.”

    I don’t get it.

    Bad killers are the one that create the survivor “Meta”

    +1 for your statement. And a meme ... never hurts for tryhard bad killers


    8902b9330f4c630c3208436926d7d048.jpg


  • Can everybody seriously chill with the noed changes?

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/150884/can-everybody-seriously-chill-with-the-ds-changes

    I think it's because they didn't actually remove the things people were complaining about before, they just changed them to different things that are equally as valid to complain about. That's the thing, they changed it yes, but they didn't fix it.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not on these forums making constant DS hate threads or anything, but the complaints I see are very valid, and to ignore them is just kinda... ignorant.

    lol or maybe killers should be more AWARE when there's an obsession.

    Or count to 60.

    It's not hard.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261022#Comment_1261022

    lol or maybe killers should be more AWARE when there's an obsession.

    Or count to 60.

    It's not hard.

    Ya, totally not hard to count to 60 for 4 different survivors and know which one of them have DS, which is supposed to be an "anti-tunneling" perk but has uses far beyond that.

    Sure.

  • @YuiKim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261791#Comment_1261791

    And who said it is strictly supposed to be a anti tunnel perk?

    It's clearly designed to be that way. It's activated when somebody gets off a hook for a certain duration. Tell me what other things those conditions are there for (and no I'm not talking about running up to a hook and unhooking right in the killer's face because you have DS active or something like that.)

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261072#Comment_1261072

    Ya, totally not hard to count to 60 for 4 different survivors and know which one of them have DS, which is supposed to be an "anti-tunneling" perk but has uses far beyond that.

    Sure.

    Also if you do down them because they played dumb and leave em for 60 seconds get ready for unbreakabllleeee

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261879#Comment_1261879

    It's clearly designed to be that way. It's activated when somebody gets off a hook for a certain duration. Tell me what other things those conditions are there for (and no I'm not talking about running up to a hook and unhooking right in the killer's face because you have DS active or something like that.)

    It has use outside of tunneling, therefore it is not strictly an anti-tunnel perk nor was it meant to be by design. Simply put, you can not argue design intentions by effect whilst arguing improper effect compared to design intentions!

  • @YuiKim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261937#Comment_1261937

    So breakdown is a anti tunneling perk? kekw.

    I'll just copy paste.

    That DS have a anti tunnel aspect doesn't strictly make it a anti tunnel (which the community think it is) DS is something more than a anti tunnel perk

    "For the new iteration of Decisive Strike, we have introduced certain conditions and outcomes for using the perk, while retaining the core concept of providing a second chance at survival for those who successfully use it."

    " while retaining the core concept of providing a second chance at survival for those who successfully use it"

    " Ultimately, most of these ideas were shelved as we felt that they did not retain the essence of the perk, nor did they provide an overall improvement to the current version."

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/48381/design-decisive-strike

    This isn't a discussion about breakdown. I have no idea what that has to do with this. Nice strawman though.

    They don't need to outright explicitly state something for people to put the pieces together. There's a reason they added conditions like they did to it.

    You even quoted yourself "providing a *second chance* at survival for those who successfully use it."

    Hmmm, almost as if, it's meant to get people away from being tunneled.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261937#Comment_1261937

    It has use outside of tunneling, therefore it is not strictly an anti-tunnel perk nor was it meant to be by design. Simply put, you can not argue design intentions by effect whilst arguing improper effect compared to design intentions!

    But I can argue the intentions, because it seems pretty obvious what they were doing with it, and why they added the conditions they did. It's geared more toward anti tunneling than before, whether you like it or not. Even if they didn't outright say "it's an anti tunneling only perk."

    Either way, the argument is that survivors shouldn't be using it because they feel like they're invulnerable for 60 seconds, which happens often. Perks shouldn't be allowing this sort of play. That's why, for example, when somebody tries to abuse me with BT, I don't let them. Like, if somebody tries to body block me right after being unhooked, and the unhooker is running away, I'm not stupid, and I know the person who just got unhooked has BT, so I'll just wait the 15 seconds and hit them. I do that because it sort of teaches people to use the damn BT perk how it's supposed to be used: to get the person who got unhooked to safety. When they feel like they want to sit in front of me for 15 seconds instead of running, that's when they're not using the perk right.

    DS has unhooking conditions to be met, just like BT. The difference is, DS is practically like a 60 second long BT and you don't exactly know who has it. Survivors shouldn't be attacking the killer and acting immune -- that's not how this game is supposed to be played.

  • @YuiKim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261967#Comment_1261967

    This isn't a strawman you said:

    "It's activated when somebody gets off a hook for a certain duration. Tell me what other things those conditions are there for"

    But yeah sure..

    And that's the quote from the Design thread they did.

    They said they wanted to keep old DS essence and what I dunno, was old DS essence a anti tunnel? NO.

    It has some anti tunnel aspects but that doesn't mean it is only strictly a anti tunnel perk, it is something more than that.

    It is a strawman because you're not actually addressing any of the points I made about DS. I didn't say "Tell me what other things those conditions are for" for you to name other perks. I was asking you why they would add conditions specifically like getting off the hook and it lasting for 60 seconds. You instead made up a random statement that had nothing to do with what I was saying. By definition ("an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument") it is a strawman. That's why I don't bother even answering it. It's not relevant.

    Once again, you'd rather try to say something completely unrelated to what I say like "so breakdown is an anti tunnel perk?" instead of addressing any of the points I brought up against DS and why I see it as being designed for "anti tunneling."

    Whether you think it is or not is irrelevant. They added conditions that are geared toward not being tunneled, so whether you agree or not, they did design it more toward being anti tunnel now than it was before. Did they want to keep it's core identity? I guess so. That doesn't really change the reality that they did make it more geared toward being defensive.

    Just to nudge you back on the right track, I'll refer back to what I said earlier: you yourself quoted from that post "while retaining the core concept of providing a second chance at survival for those who successfully use it." Second chance, implying they were being targeted before, and the use is to get away. Sounds like it's sort of meant to get away from tunneling if you ask me.

  • @YuiKim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262004#Comment_1262004

    The devs said it has a anti tunneling aspect and that's a quote from Horvath

    BUT that doesn't mean that it should strictly only be a anti tunnel it has some other aspects, and is where 99% of the complaints come from, they should just adapt and accept the fact that DS isn't only a anti tunnel.

    And they probably only added that condition so DS isn't active the whole entire game and added a timer so people can counter it by slugging, that's all, is this a anti tunnel counter? yes but the timer already speaks up the volume that it isn't only mean to be a anti tunnel.

    The only change it needs is deactivate in lockers

    I never said it was "strictly" anti tunnel. I said earlier it was "anti tunneling" (in quotation marks for a reason) because I didn't feel like typing out all of "it's meant to be used defensively but has much more uses outside of that.

    My complaints that I've expressed mostly come from the fact that it's supposed to be relatively defensive, yet survivors will stack it in groups and use it to play like the killer doesn't exist. They do gens in your face, unhook in your face, literally just let themselves get downed, just because they have a timer that says you can't hook them.

    I agree that it doesn't need a ton of changes, but as I said in my first comment on this post, I don't hate the perk myself. I do get annoyed with it sometimes, but my opinion is just that it simply is abused too much. Like you suggested, even deactivating in lockers would help. Or putting the timer to 45 seconds. Anything to make people feel like they can't just run around and be immune practically after they get hooked. As long as it isn't just the go to perk for bullying killers.

    As for the point about the timer, I just simply disagree that it "speaks up the volume that it isn't only mean to be a anti tunnel." Not that you're just outright wrong, but they way I look at it, it's just an overlook in the design. I still feel like it's pushed more toward being defensive, but it almost doesn't matter because 60 seconds is a long time when you think of how fast a game can go by, especially when survivors are bringing items and whatnot.