Separate Pick Up Item and Interaction button
This is an issue if trying to unhook in the basement in a spot a player had been sacrificed and dropped their item. If you have an item in your hand you can end up switching out the items rather than doing the unhook. This item swap can cost both you and the person on the hook if you are not able to get in a position where you can stop swapping fast enough.
To stop this from happening picking up an item should be its own button. If it cannot be its own new button maybe attach it to the drop action instead so that pick up and drop are the same while the interaction button for repairing/healing/unhooking is separate.
Comments
I am pretty sure you can remap that button in the menu... you can on Xbox, so you should be able to on PC...
You can't, I looked. The drop item is separate but pick up item interaction in the controls section is for picking up an item and doing an interaction. I remapped already to make everything listed under interactions separate buttons awhile ago when I'd drop pallets when trying to heal. This is the only one that has two separate actions as one button.