basement stair gutters

why dont other maps have gutters or walls blocking the killer from carrying survivors into the basement like ormond resort does?

Comments

  • You mean like in most other maps when the basement doesn't spawn in the killer shack?

    If I recall correctly the majority of the maps have barriers around the basement stairs (apart from when it spawns in the killer shack, but I don't think they should add gutters or walls to every basement)

  • I mean, any spawn but shack has them. And personally I'd prefer if they didn't; basement hooks are more fun to rescue from and if they had multiple entryways then it would make basement defence a whole lot more fun too.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I mean, any spawn but shack has them. And personally I'd prefer if they didn't; basement hooks are more fun to rescue from and if they had multiple entryways then it would make basement defence a whole lot more fun too.

    I'm not entirely sure that adding more entryways to the basement would be the right thing to do, after all the basement should be the most feared place by a survivor, and having only 1 entrance contributes to that in my opinion

    Maybe they could try adding an hook spawn in Badham Preschool and Haddonfield in the house with the "fake" basement? The one that has 2 sets of stair to get in and out

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259770#Comment_1259770

    I'm not entirely sure that adding more entryways to the basement would be the right thing to do, after all the basement should be the most feared place by a survivor, and having only 1 entrance contributes to that in my opinion

    Maybe they could try adding an hook spawn in Badham Preschool and Haddonfield in the house with the "fake" basement? The one that has 2 sets of stair to get in and out

    Oh no i meant being able to drop down from several angles not literally have multiple stairways.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259821#Comment_1259821

    Oh no i meant being able to drop down from several angles not literally have multiple stairways.

    Ah then yes, that is the positive side (even for survivors) of not having a barrier that blocks the side of the stairs

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260018#Comment_1260018

    Ah then yes, that is the positive side (even for survivors) of not having a barrier that blocks the side of the stairs

    Dropping into the basement is a staggered waste of time and loud. Unless you have balanced landing this is not the best way to approach a basement off-hook vs running down the stairs directly, IMO. LOL

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260035#Comment_1260035

    Dropping into the basement is a staggered waste of time and loud. Unless you have balanced landing this is not the best way to approach a basement off-hook vs running down the stairs directly, IMO. LOL

    exactly i have died multiple times because survivors literally cant jeopardize the game by saving me because of soft/hard camping or they wait last minute and then fall down the side, stagger and then i end up dying because of the recovery time from them falling and landing like that....its so dumb....

  • Landing is faster than running the stairs. But about one sec of dif.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260035#Comment_1260035

    Dropping into the basement is a staggered waste of time and loud. Unless you have balanced landing this is not the best way to approach a basement off-hook vs running down the stairs directly, IMO. LOL

    I don't like doing that either as a survivor because it is too loud, but that doesn't mean all basement should have barriers around the stairs..is up to you to run the stairs or take the drop

    I'm not sure what takes more time tho, taking the drop is probably faster if you come from the right side of the shack

    And keep in mind that in some maps the basement drop is the only way of activating balanced landing (I'm looking at you, Shelter Woods ๐Ÿ‘€) so removing it is definitely not the right choice