Survivor build for solo
Thought I'd share my current build for when I play solo survivor which is around 80% of the time when I do play survivor.
I do avoid alot of the meta perks but there is a good reason for that which I'll explain at the end.
Perk 1 kindred:
This perk is generally a must. Whenever I change my build this perk stays, it is simply too good to pass up. A survivor is hooked, do I go for the save or stay on the gen? This perk will answer that question for me. If I get hooked, everyone else should have an idea on what to do as well thanks to the info it gives them. You can punish camping killers and know what way to go to avoid the killer when going for the save.
Perk 2 spinechill:
I don't like to be surprised...it makes me panic which leads to bad plays ie drooping pallets I didn't need to drop. Spinechill gives me enough warning that I can plan my escape and preemptively move to a safe location. Also hard counters stealthy killers. It's better than sprintburst in my opinion as it gives you time to go to a safe location like sb but also has additional benefits like quicker vaults etc.
Perk 3 windows of opportunity:
I have quite a few hours in the game so I don't use this perk to know where pallets are. I use it to see what pallets my teammates may have used. Running to a tile and finding out that the pallet is gone midchase is disheartening and this perk ensures that I don't experience that. Also it makes it much easier to plan my route 3 pallets ahead during a chase.
Perk 4 bond:
Great perk that gives loads of info. If I see someone on a gen and I'm being chased, I can lead the killer to a different direction. If I see a survivor getting chased I can avoid the killer much easier. Need healing? I can find a survivor to accommodate.
Lastly I don't run DS or borrowed due to those perks being overused. Don't misunderstand, I don't mean that in a bad way. As a killer main I am always expecting DS or borrowed to be used so i do everything to avoid them. I use this same line of thinking as survivor, generally killers will still respect DS and borrowed even if I don't have it and that has saved me more then once. So why use up a slot when the killer will likely respect it anyway, it's almost like having extra perks.
I'm interested to hear what builds you guys might have.
Comments
Interesting choice in build, I suppose you found the use for WoO as yes, running into a broken pallet sucks. Out of curiosity does it highlight fake pallets?
Usually I like Stakeout and Tenacity for my solo play. Just to shorten the match for stakeout and to make sure if I get slugged I can drag myself to someone to pick me up because in solo que people don't want to take the risk to pick up a slugged person. I've seen people bleed half way out without being picked up as killer and that's something I've never had to experience. Avoids a hook state too. Usually solo que teams big problem is too slow gens for the speed of hook states. I do my best to reduce both issues.
Maps are actually super good in solo que too as you can place markers for other players to come get heals from and reveal totems, chests, gens to everyone and share information in ways that usually require coms. Actually makes things like prove thy self useful in solo que.
WoO does highlight fake at least from Freddy. I'm not sure if it highlights the doctors fake pallets but I'm assuming it does. It also highlights breakable doors...I'm not sure why.
Stakeout is nice that it gives you warning when the killer is close and if you are good with skillchecks it rewards you with that extra 1%. Don't really run tenacity but sometimes I find myself losing a survivor after I've downed them and thinking how? Tenacity is probably the answer.
Maps with detectives hunch is very strong but maps are rare so it's not something I use often.
I always have Kindred and Self Care (Booooo! Hisssssss!!!) always when solo. Kindred because the info you get from it is critical for a solo player to make good decisions and Self Care because it's too damn unreliable hoping to get a good team that actually somewhat works together instead of unhooking you and ditching you the second the slight wiff that maybe the killer is considering walking in your general direction at some point.
I'll mix my remaining two slots pending what I'm feeling. Sometimes Saboteur, sometimes Resilience, sometimes that one that let's you heal at double speed when you unhook someone, sometimes that one that let's me see injured survivors; primarily depends on what offering I'm tossing out.
TBH self care isn't an inherently bad perk in and of itself. If you're using it to improve medkit efficiency, it doesn't waste any time (quite the opposite.) Its when people get hit once, run to the furthest corner of the map, crouch around for a minute making sure its safe, then sitting there starting that invisible lawnmower that drives people up the wall. I know the medikit - self care - botany knowledge builds are a bit of a meme, but you can an absurd amount of health states out of it.