Pipping with moris
Hey, I'll make this brief.
It's no secret that when a killer brings an ebony, it eats pips. I personally have no problem with moris themselves but I do have a problem with how emblems work after the match. If you were tunneled off hook against someone with a mori, there's no way to counter it. DS wont work, they will mori you, and any rank yellow or above will depip.
This is incredibly frustrating when trying to hit rank 1. It is possible to safety off a mori, but the odds are not in your favor.
This is why I propose that anyone who dies while an ebony is in play will always safety pip if they were going to depip, AND anyone who dies by the hand of an ivory will not depip either. It only seems fair to not eat a survivors pips, and this won't affect killers negatively at all. Here are a few counter arguments:
"What if they kill themselves first hook? Or DC?" Obviously, a dc will result in depipping. And survivors will kill themselves on hooks anyway if they refuse to play with a mori, pipping or not. Survivors who care about pipping when they see a mori often disconnect during loadup. This would stop those players from doing that as they would not depip in game.
"The survivors didn't play well, they deserve to depip." That is a little harsh if you ask me. An ebony very obviously has a huge impact on the game and survivors really only win against it when the killer messes up. Not to mention, killers can get ebonies very easily. It seems absurd that the survivors are punished afterwards for facing an ebony. It encourages dcing on startup as well. And it has no downside to the killer bringing the ebony.
"No one cares about pipping anymore." That is a bold statement to say and it is actually false. Many people do care because many people don't have the Legendary Survivor achievement. Getting this achievement is difficult enough for non-veteran players, why make it harder?
In conclusion, I'm not asking for any mori nerfs, this change won't affect killers, it will simply encourage survivors to play against moris. I am requesting that anyone who dies against an ebony (hook, mori, etc.) will not depip and anyone who gets moried against an ivory will not depip also. I really see no downside to this and as many people want moris removed entirely, this will give the argument that they don't harm survivors in any way.
Thank you for reading.
Comments
first
So in turn make it so moring is actually valuable for pipping.
Or how about changing Moris so tunneling off the hook isn't a possibilty?
Well, this wouldn't benefit pipping, this would simply make sure it didn't harm your pipping. Can't go down pips during an ebony, doesn't mean you will go up, just means you can.
Also, I don't want to try and make any changes to moris themselves in this thread as that is already a huge discussion. I'd rather just have it so they don't depip you.
i think everyone should have to be hooked atl east once before the killer can mori anyone
Not here to discuss how moris should work, as that’s very controversial, I just want the survivors to not depip on a mori