Does using a VPN as a killer make the game easier?w

I heard people talking about vpns and want to know why.

Comments

  • People that use vpns as survs will suffer but I have never seen a vpning survivor,but rather a vpning killer. A vpning killer,put simply will hit you from 50 miles away depending on the location where's he vpning to. If it's something like australia from NA,he's gonna have insanely high ping and you might not even see him hit ya and down ya. Also windows become extremely unsafe,same with pallets.

  • Yes and no: I've accidentally left my VPN on, had 80 or so ping, lost every match because I couldn't hit anyone as killer or kept rubber-banding as survivor. My bad, I've got to remember to turn it off. It happens maybe once a week for 1 match: I just forget, jump into the game, have an awful time because I did a dumb. If I VPN over to the US or EU, giving myself 200-300 effective ping? People literally look like they are running into walls. As a survivor it's impossible to play. As killer it's a field day. I know, I deliberately tested this. It's not fair.

    In short, it depends how much you choke your connection. Small choke = disadvantage. Big choke = mega advantage as killer/mega disadvantage as survivor.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Yes and no: I've accidentally left my VPN on, had 80 or so ping, lost every match because I couldn't hit anyone as killer or kept rubber-banding as survivor. My bad, I've got to remember to turn it off. It happens maybe once a week for 1 match: I just forget, jump into the game, have an awful time because I did a dumb. If I VPN over to the US or EU, giving myself 200-300 effective ping? People literally look like they are running into walls. As a survivor it's impossible to play. As killer it's a field day. I know, I deliberately tested this. It's not fair.

    In short, it depends how much you choke your connection. Small choke = disadvantage. Big choke = mega advantage as killer/mega disadvantage as survivor.

    Would you get banned for it since it gives you an unfair advantage?

  • @JoeyBob said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1256019#Comment_1256019

    Would you get banned for it since it gives you an unfair advantage?

    I believe it may come under the heading of 'lag switching'.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1256173#Comment_1256173

    I believe it may come under the heading of 'lag switching'.

    Which would still get you banned, no?

    Even if it's not bannable, this is exactly why they need to re-implement killer ping indicator. If I see somebody with hundreds of ping trying to connect to the server I'm more than likely gonna just say "yeah, no thanks."

    I can't stand going against killers that are constantly from China or some crap where I can pre vault a window as early as possible, get a running head start, and still get downed because the swing at a window, where whenever I'm killer and swing at a window I feel like the survivor practically has to be just going through the window for me to be allowed to hit them. It's just simply not fair that I can't see ######### the killer is even gonna do because it's so laggy.

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1256249#Comment_1256249

    Which would still get you banned, no?

    Even if it's not bannable, this is exactly why they need to re-implement killer ping indicator. If I see somebody with hundreds of ping trying to connect to the server I'm more than likely gonna just say "yeah, no thanks."

    I can't stand going against killers that are constantly from China or some crap where I can pre vault a window as early as possible, get a running head start, and still get downed because the swing at a window, where whenever I'm killer and swing at a window I feel like the survivor practically has to be just going through the window for me to be allowed to hit them. It's just simply not fair that I can't see ######### the killer is even gonna do because it's so laggy.

    Survivors never had a direct indicator of the killers ping, only the 'server' (the killers pc) on which it was being run. Literally nothing changed in that regard, although I would like it if all players could see each others ping. Nothing is worse than going against survivors with bad ping as Plague/Hag/Huntress/Deathslinger/Ghostface/Myers and maybe even Demo (don't play him enough to accurately tell, but I've had my lunge 'miss' survivors that I definitely hit).

    Edit: Yes, I believe lag switching and connection choking is bannable. But as with all offences, you need video evidence because people are scumbags and abuse the 'report' function.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1256265#Comment_1256265

    Survivors never had a direct indicator of the killers ping, only the 'server' (the killers pc) on which it was being run. Literally nothing changed in that regard, although I would like it if all players could see each others ping. Nothing is worse than going against survivors with bad ping as Plague/Hag/Huntress/Deathslinger/Ghostface/Myers and maybe even Demo (don't play him enough to accurately tell, but I've had my lunge 'miss' survivors that I definitely hit).

    Edit: Yes, I believe lag switching and connection choking is bannable. But as with all offences, you need video evidence because people are scumbags and abuse the 'report' function.

    They did. Before dedicated servers you could see your connection to the killer and know if it's 1k.

    I guess I worded it wrong but this is what I'm talking about.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1256265#Comment_1256265

    Survivors never had a direct indicator of the killers ping, only the 'server' (the killers pc) on which it was being run. Literally nothing changed in that regard, although I would like it if all players could see each others ping. Nothing is worse than going against survivors with bad ping as Plague/Hag/Huntress/Deathslinger/Ghostface/Myers and maybe even Demo (don't play him enough to accurately tell, but I've had my lunge 'miss' survivors that I definitely hit).

    Edit: Yes, I believe lag switching and connection choking is bannable. But as with all offences, you need video evidence because people are scumbags and abuse the 'report' function.

    *laughs in 5fps recording survs*

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1256249#Comment_1256249

    It would be nice if the devs acknowledged this problem. The only thing you can do is report him an hope he'll be banned in a couple of years. You can record as well but I highly doubt anything will be done.

    A killer ping in a lobby and during the match would be super nice and would provide solid evidence if you happen to record or take screenshots. Green in lobby, and red ping in match, getting hit from the other side of the cosmos, would be a red flag.

    How could you even prove bad ping means the killer is purposefully using lag to their advantage? They could just have ######### internet.