Thoughts on Perk Tiers.

Another day, another post. Haha.


Anyways this isn't a "I DEMAND YOU REMOVE THEM AT ONCE." type of post. More so I am just looking to gather thoughts on the topic. I have been playing this game since the conception and well some things are starting to be more clear.


Now I am not saying get rid of tiers or anything like that. My simple question is, what are your thoughts on them?

With the game being out for so long and more killers and survivors on the way, we seem to be at that part of life in this game where bloat is becoming a factor and bloodwebs are becoming more of a grind then they should be. I know some posts in the past have brought this up but I havent seen much on it lately. SHOULD we keep tiers? Should we banish them all together? Remove at least one tier? Thoughts and opinions. Shared information, is good information. Haha.

Comments

  • Just remove them IMO. They serve no purpose except to ridiculously extend the grind. I understand why they existed when the game launched and had like 20 perks for each side, but they’re unnecessary now. No I don’t want my DS to be stuck at tier 1 for the next month, I want to get tier 3 so it’s actually a useful perk, except I have like 300 tiers of perk that can appear in my bloodweb so I’m completely at the mercy of more annoying RNG. Urgh.

  • I see them as pointless. Especially when they are trying to make the change between tiers minimal.

  • I don't have any problems with tiers and I like the idea behind them, but I understand that there will be more and more perks in the future, making the grind longer. A solution I thought about : make the stronger perks have tiers, the less used ones no tiers. It would keep the grind for something that would benefits you, which is kind of understandable, but this will also make perks that don't really need tiers to get out faster of the bloodweb, reducing the grind for the stronger perks.

  • Perk Tiers were fine with way less Perks. But currently...oof. I think someone needs 90 Bloodwebs or so as Survivor to get all Perks to Tier 3.

    They tried something with the Perk Tiers by changing the functionality of the lower Tiers, but still. Especially since some Perks are already useful on Tier 1 and others only become really useful on TIer 3, e.g. Borrowed Time (the only thing which changes is the Mending Time, which does not matter as long as you are not going against Doctor and are in Madness 3) or Adrenaline, which are already useful on Tier 1, while something like Iron Will is not worth running when not Tier 3.

    For Killers it is the same, something like Sloppy Butcher is already good at Tier 1, but Whispers is useless on Tier 1, since it basically tells you that the Survivors are on the same map as you.

    Even tho, I dont know how to change it, because removing the Perk Tiers would drastically reduce the grind, but I guess it would be too less of a grind.

    Personally, I would love to work for the Perks. Like, you can get Tier 1 in the Bloodwebs, but Tier 2 and Tier 3 either via Bloodwebs or via playing. Like, you got Tier 1 of BBQ, you can get Tier 2 either via the Bloodweb or by hooking 50 Survivors. Iron Will 1 in the Bloodweb, you get Iron Will 2 by staying injured for 60 minutes in total.

    Stuff like that.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Perk Tiers were fine with way less Perks. But currently...oof. I think someone needs 90 Bloodwebs or so as Survivor to get all Perks to Tier 3.

    They tried something with the Perk Tiers by changing the functionality of the lower Tiers, but still. Especially since some Perks are already useful on Tier 1 and others only become really useful on TIer 3, e.g. Borrowed Time (the only thing which changes is the Mending Time, which does not matter as long as you are not going against Doctor and are in Madness 3) or Adrenaline, which are already useful on Tier 1, while something like Iron Will is not worth running when not Tier 3.

    For Killers it is the same, something like Sloppy Butcher is already good at Tier 1, but Whispers is useless on Tier 1, since it basically tells you that the Survivors are on the same map as you.

    Even tho, I dont know how to change it, because removing the Perk Tiers would drastically reduce the grind, but I guess it would be too less of a grind.

    Personally, I would love to work for the Perks. Like, you can get Tier 1 in the Bloodwebs, but Tier 2 and Tier 3 either via Bloodwebs or via playing. Like, you got Tier 1 of BBQ, you can get Tier 2 either via the Bloodweb or by hooking 50 Survivors. Iron Will 1 in the Bloodweb, you get Iron Will 2 by staying injured for 60 minutes in total.

    Stuff like that.

    I actually wouldn't mind that. I always thought that perks shouldn't be open to all characters. I know, so sinful of me. I mean if perks were only for certain characters, it would make leveling them and prestiging them more worth while at least. No one would feel like just another skin of each other. Characters would be unique and actually worth the DLC. [At least for survivors, killers DO have some unique aspects about them in regarding powers.]

    Obviously they wouldn't be able to do that now. DBD 2 perhaps? -Laughs.- But in my opinion, I actually think at THIS STATE of the game, that tiers are becoming pretty worthless. Reorganizing them into just a baseline perk with no tiers seems like the logical way to go. Obviously they would have to rework the stats on some, percentages and what not, but I think its logical moving forward so the grind and bloat doesn't put off possible new players or even their concurring players.

  • Perk tiers are super unnecessary at this point. They just serve to inflate a bad grind.