Can one be punished for going afk?

I say this due to Sanctum of Wrath. I cannot see a damn thing on that map. From survivors simply disappearing in the reeds, to the general oppressive shadowing on everything. If I roll that map, stand by the gates and let them escape, is that punishable? I refuse to play on a map I feel blind in.

Comments

  • It shouldn't be.

    Yesterday I spilled Gatorade on my Azerbaijani rug in the middle of a match and had to AFK for the rest of it.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    It shouldn't be.

    Yesterday I spilled Gatorade on my Azerbaijani rug in the middle of a match and had to AFK for the rest of it.

    I snorted at that comment bc its so wild LMAO hope your rug is ok.

    But I dont think you can get punished for going afk for whatever reason though since the game still carries on regardless since the survivors can do everything they want to escape anyway and endgame collapse will kill anyone else who lingers behind. I know that feel tho, some games as killer I need a moment to stand in a corner and collect myself from how bad it goes, usually accompanied by a harmony of clicky clicky. :/

  • I've been doing exactly that on Yamaoka maps. They are terribly designed

  • @Sydraen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251247#Comment_1251247

    I snorted at that comment bc its so wild LMAO hope your rug is ok.

    But I dont think you can get punished for going afk for whatever reason though since the game still carries on regardless since the survivors can do everything they want to escape anyway and endgame collapse will kill anyone else who lingers behind. I know that feel tho, some games as killer I need a moment to stand in a corner and collect myself from how bad it goes, usually accompanied by a harmony of clicky clicky. :/

    Thank you, and yes I agree with you.

    It's not holding the game hostage, survivors still get their points and all leave. If they don't pip, it's because they didn't cleanse totems.

    Cleanse totems, remember if a killer is AFK to blow up generators when you're with someone because it resets the "Coop" points and you can literally fill your Objective to the max on 1 Generator.

  • It's in the unsportsmanlike conduct section, only an issue if you're doing it constantly, though.


    chrome-03-0211.png


  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251257#Comment_1251257

    Thank you, and yes I agree with you.

    It's not holding the game hostage, survivors still get their points and all leave. If they don't pip, it's because they didn't cleanse totems.

    Cleanse totems, remember if a killer is AFK to blow up generators when you're with someone because it resets the "Coop" points and you can literally fill your Objective to the max on 1 Generator.

    ahhh yes, the age old trick of everyone pipping because they did one totem each, and also extending an incredibly boring match by popping skill checks, sounds enthralling, if you have to go for extended periods of time you should dc if you genuinely have to leave for a spill etc, even if you can't see in a map you can still go around applying pressure and kicking gens so the survivors have something else to do.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    It shouldn't be.

    Yesterday I spilled Gatorade on my Azerbaijani rug in the middle of a match and had to AFK for the rest of it.

    You are playing so sweaty that you need to drink gatorade to replace lost electrolytes๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    I'm just kidding though๐Ÿ˜

    On a more serious note, powerade 4 life ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿค˜

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251265#Comment_1251265

    ahhh yes, the age old trick of everyone pipping because they did one totem each, and also extending an incredibly boring match by popping skill checks, sounds enthralling, if you have to go for extended periods of time you should dc if you genuinely have to leave for a spill etc, even if you can't see in a map you can still go around applying pressure and kicking gens so the survivors have something else to do.

    lol you shouldn't encourage players to DC.

    @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251247#Comment_1251247

    You are playing so sweaty that you need to drink gatorade to replace lost electrolytes๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    I'm just kidding though๐Ÿ˜

    On a more serious note, powerade 4 life ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿค˜

    Powerade has High Fructose Corn Syrup, it's why I don't drink it. =]

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251288#Comment_1251288

    lol you shouldn't encourage players to DC.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251295#Comment_1251295

    Powerade has High Fructose Corn Syrup, it's why I don't drink it. =]

    I don't think you understand what encouraging means, the moderators have said so on this forums that if you really have to go, dcing is fine.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251288#Comment_1251288

    lol you shouldn't encourage players to DC.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251295#Comment_1251295

    Powerade has High Fructose Corn Syrup, it's why I don't drink it. =]

    ๐Ÿ˜‚ probably why i can't live without grape powerade...