Overrated meta perk?
personally:
Deadhard - I wouldn’t even argue that it’s a true exhaustion perk, I mean why use it when you can have perks that take you further by 3x more the distance? It’s currently also still glitchy and faulty at times where it doesn’t work properly. I’ve only ever seen deadhard being used to temporarily create distance but then that’s it - you’re left with nothing else. Just run any other exhaustion perk. Honestly
Comments
For me it's Adrenaline. I understand why people use it, because it can act like a "2nd chance" perk with a coordinated team, and especially with multiple people running it. That's the thing though, it's only that good if you can time it well or just get lucky, and if it's not just one person taking it into a game or something. I feel like I at least understand other perks being meta because they're more useful at all stages of the game, like DS. Even dead hard can be used all throughout the game. I get what you mean by "true exhaustion perk" because I thought it was odd having that while the other exhaustion perks were more about distance, but then they added head on and I kind of just started to accept it more. I don't think dead hard is as meta now though since it doesn't work half the time with dedicated servers.
Anyway without going too far off track, Adrenaline for me. Just because it has such a niche use and it can only be reliably done if you got a group waiting for you to call the shot.
Hot Take but Decisive Strike.
We're in a slugging meta and killers need map pressure. Very, very rare in high ranks that a killer will actually pick up Decisive they'll usually just leave you on the floor. Pretty much the only way it gets use is when the Killer is desperate in endgame or if you really piss them off and jump in a locker.
As long as there's an Obession. The Killer usually treats everyone like they have DS so no one who's actually running it gets much value outside of the scenarios I mentioned above.
Exhaustion in general.
When playing Killer, I'll barely notice them. Granted, Spirit doesn't care, but still.
I stopped using exhaustion perks altogether. For me, personally, that helped me get better at looping vs. depending on a small speed boost.