A NOED novel
The situation
2 gens completed, killer get his 1st hook and decides to facecamp because whatever, he has noed...
1 survivor being facecamped and not hook suiciding takes 60 + 60 = 120 seconds to die
in a perfect world
the victim would be running kindred and the other 3 survivors would know the killer was facecamping, and they would not try to rescue the teammate, they would "just do the objectives" and the victim of facecamp would not hook suicide
let's imagine that when the killer got his 1 hook, all 3 other survivors were spread and they all were close to a gen that has a close totem in the line of sight, they don't have to look for neither of them.
during 120 seconds of facecamping each survivor would be able to repair 1 gen (80 s) and cleanse 1 totem (14 s), lasting 26 s only. this means that by the end of the first kill, the killer would have lost all gens and 3 totems.
the remaining 3 survivors have now a decison to make, they have 26 s for the first death
- they can go open the gates (20 s) and just leave (cleansing the 3 totems were useless)
- try a rescue mission with BT and maybe some bodyblocks (remember, they have NO idea if NOED is a thing), or
- look for the other 2 totems (to discover if NOED is a thing) and then try the rescue. if the remaining totems are close and the survivors INSTANTLY find them, they will have 26 - 14 = 12 s to unhook the 1st guy.
in a perfect world 1 guy would 99 the gate, the other 2 would instantly find the totems, would cleanse the noed and than all 3 would orchestrate a master rescue mission, everybody would take their protection hits and everybody would escape.
the cold hard reality
not all totems are in clear line of sight, at least one is kinda hidden, gens are far from each other, takes time to go from one to the next, 3-gening is a thing, most people don't run kindred, at least 1 survivor will go for the rescue, he will take a hit and will go selfcare in the corner of the map, the other 2 survivors will understand that the killer is chasing the other guy and both will rush for the rescue because the hooked guy is almost on 2nd stage. nobody is doing gens. when they arrive and see the facecamper, they will start trying a kamikaze play to save the poor guy on the hook. one of them will be slugged and the first one will hook suicide and try finding another match. nobody doing gens. the killer has his second hook. now the remaning survivors have 120 s to do 3 gens and cleanse 5 totems, the second hooked will get pissed off and will try to kobe, he will fail and die on 1st hook in less than 30s. The killer got his 3/4k because no objective will be done.
conclusion
- this is why NOED is so OP specially against solo queuers. we have absolutely no information most of the time
- even against good swf NOED is kinda OP because most people don't like to just rush gens and leave a friend behind
- this is why survivors should NOT cleanse totems. 1st scenario they've lost time cleansing, 2nd scenario they would die because cleansing 3 totems isn't enough, 3rd scenario is unlikely to work out even with a military sweaty 4 man swf.
Useful (maybe not) information
- I hope Otz post a video about his camping experiment soon
- sorry for English mistakes, not my main language :3
- sorry for the big wall of text, I'm kinda wordy sometimes (maybe always)
Comments
You are playing the game. Being on a hook is part of the game. It's not fun? Well, neither is holding M1 at a generator, or running the same loop 50 times as a killer sometimes.
Don't like it? Well, sorry, I can't help you there. It's not "griefing" just because you don't like it.
I didn't mean to imply anything. Just wanted to state a fact.
"Blank is op" -(survior main)
"Blank has lots of countermeasure" -(normal players)
"I don't feel like using countermeasures" (survivor mains)
"Nerf time " (BHVR)
(-Killer mains quit-)
"Why are the ques so long I don't understand hurr durr"
Except it's not a fact.
If "killer killed me" is "griefing" by your definition, then that really just goes to show why people use the word entitled to describe certain people.
Look at my comment without inserting context. It is a fact.
I guess we're going to just disagree on the definition of the word fact then.
You're not being griefed just because a killer killed you. Dying isn't the same as "being prevented from playing", you just lost.
Move on and stop thinking you're entitled to the killer playing the way you want them to.
My comment doesn't have the word killed in it. Please stop inserting context.
I still bring Detectives Hunch to every match and still to this day I haven't had a single match where I made it to the end of the game with NOED still in play. I also usually get more Bloodpoints than the killer in those scenarios.
Well guess what? In all of the games that I see a killer camping, he's doing it simply because he WANTS to. I'll be working on a gen, they'll have Kindred and he'll just be slapping them on a hook constantly. Seems like griefing to me. Sometimes I'll be the one to run a killer for too long, and he'll be slapping me on a hook constantly. While I'd rather either be unhooked to work on gens, or get back into another chase. Sitting on the hook is boring, and you're not being able to play the game. The killer is forcing you to be unable to play the game from the moment you're unhooked. I'd personally rather have one hook deaths with the upside of being able to lose the killer in a chase easier and I have suggested as such. People don't seem to like that idea. I wonder if it has something to do with the killer enjoying making someone miserable. I mean that would make killers a ton stronger, and I always see people asking for killer buffs. That would be a big buff to killers and a slight buff to survivors. I can't IMAGINE why they wouldn't want that.
No one as far as I'm aware is complaining about being killed. The killer refusing to actually play the game or let others play the game is a valid complaint imo.
The death part isn't the problem. The being forced on the hook with no way to play the game is. You're not playing a game while you're on a hook. You set your hands off your keyboard and wait. It's like being put on the bench. The thing is, you don't get taken OFF the bench for the rest of the game. One hook does not mean death. Or it isn't supposed to. If you think being put on the hook once should be a loss, suggest my idea and spread it around. Otherwise it's not considered the killer killing you until you actually die. Thus, you are not being allowed to play the game, until you lose. You must be REALLY fun at parties.
I like how you're telling me to get better at the game when you're telling people to walk to the other side of the map every time they take a small nap. I suggested the other ways to wake up instead. Btw I said it was AN easy 4k. As I tried it one game because I knew how dumb of an idea it was. If he has Red Paint Brush, the ONLY time you should be waking up is if you're ALREADY close to a clock. Any other time is killing your team. Freddy's power isn't all that powerful. You can memorize the pallets that have been used. If he is puddle Freddy, you can throw pallets early. It's much more time efficient than WASTING time walking to the other side of the map. I feel like you didn't read much of what I said. You should not be awake all game. You fall asleep very quickly, and if you're wasting time waking up every time you even catch a hint of a snooze, you're wasting time. If he's not on you, there's no danger. If he is on you, eventually you'll get hit and fall asleep anyways, unless he leaves you.
Btw, if you think waking up against Freddy is SO STRONG, why do you think that Forever Freddy was a problem? If all they had to do was wake up then obviously it shouldn't have been a problem? Right?
Again, you're not being griefed just because the killer is playing dumb.
Yes, it sucks to be the first to die, but you got caught. Suck it up and just move to the next match. And if you're about to say, "But I'm SWF, so I can't just queue again!" then what the hell were your friends doing all that time?
So are you telling me I should one hook myself? Because I do if I'm being camped. If anyone else does then I hate it for them, I'm just saying that the killer is intentionally doing it to ruin another person's experience, which is what griefing is. Problem is, those same people don't appreciate those actions, and claim it's because it "ruins the other teammates' experiences", but what they're really complaining about is they don't get to have their power trip. People are even going so far as to try to suggest that one hooking yourself not be allowed. Problem is, the one hooking yourself is the SOLUTION, not the PROBLEM.
There's nothing wrong with people complaining about a person being a dick intentionally to ruin other people's experiences. That is not entitlement. People don't care about escaping every game as much as people think. They care about whether or not their opponent is a good sport. If they're a camper, they're NOT being a good sport.
Yes, there are situations where someone is forced to camp as a result of other things. Sad thing is, a lot of people do it just to ruin the game for everyone.