When dead hard doesn't work
So I am assuming everyone that uses dead hard has noticed by now that sometimes it doesn't work, you get the exhausted status effect and you still get hit by the killer. I know this isn't like how it was before nut now it kinda balances out to all exhaustion perks, if you use Sprint burst too late you get hit, if you don't vault a window before the killer hits you through the window with lithe you get hit. So when this happens with deadhard I try to think of it as I messed up which makes it a whole lot easier to accept it happened
Comments
No sometimes you actually get hit when using dead hard, Right as soon as you use it there's a couple frames (I think) where you aren't invincible or its just latency
Being exhausted on the ground is a common occurance, and practically a meme at this point. You can really only get away with super clutch dead hards if the killer has good latency.
That's why I switched to spring burst / lithe.
Crazy little thing called Dead Hard for distance.
the only problem with your reasoning is that in fact you didn't messed up necessarily. most of the times this happens when you in fact made it the right way and just got punished because of latency. messing up dead hard is when you try dead harding perpendicular to the killer and his lunge still reaches you slightly after your dead hard movement end.