Just the Facts: NOED Needs a Change, Here's Why
It's not really the intention of this thread to start a flame war or add to the echo chamber, so I would appreciate it if you wonderful people would keep your comments slightly constructive. That's all I ask.
On to the topic..."Waffle, wth? Why does NOED need a change, it's the only perk to counter genrushing!" NOED needs a change mostly because of two MAJOR reasons. I'm sure you've heard them a million times, so you'll stand hearing them a couple times more.
NOED Punishes Solo Queue Survivors
Swf know how many totems their teammates have cleansed, and rough estimations of totem locations can be called out as well. Without this information, cleansing dull totems is an unreliable strategy unless you use up some perk slots. Not only can you not keep track of where totems have already been cleansed to save time, but you also don't know whether or not your teammates will cleanse the totems they find. Removing such a key counterplay is definitely an unnecessary punishment.
NOED Rewards Camping
NOED is in the survivors' hands if the killer doesn't apply enough pressure. Camping is easy effective pressure, and is therefore easy NOED value. It is very easy to put the survivors in a position where they can't possibly do gens fast enough and do totems, meaning mileage from NOED is basically confirmed with this strategy.
Why This Needs a Change
The gap between swf and solos makes it extremely hard to balance the game. Will this patch make swf crush killers? Will this patch make killers crush solos? Reducing this gap through any possible means could go a long way for the health of the game. Camping is an unpleasant strategy and the non-interactive nature of it makes the game extremely boring for all of the players. Reducing the effectiveness of this strategy would be in the developer's best interests in order to not discourage players.
Feel free to bash me in the comments and call me lazy, I won't stop you nor am I sure that I can. If you agree NOED needs a change, I would love to hear your suggestions and perhaps the developers will find inspiration from the community towards making a change that would improve the experience of many players.
Comments
Solo survivors don't have the proper coordination tools to play dbd like it's a team game.
If a killer is camping it means they are securing a reliable kill. Tunneling would also work but it requires competence and also DS exists.
80 + 70 = 150
150 is greater than 120, even if only 3 gens are left survivors can't do all the gens and totems in the optimal scenario.
I don't need to watch streamers doing it because I already play in red ranks. Not all killers can camp efficiently. To kill more than 1 person camping you have to end the chase pretty quickly (and if you are able to do that, you would already be better aiming to 4k since you can destroy the survivor team).
I have win with only 1K against campers, a lot. My personal experience contradicts the experience others could have, that's why the classic "look at this player doing it" is not something to take into account.
Also it's pretty obvious that a lot of the people camping are not good at chasing people down, so you can waste a lot of their time just looping them around. I'm sure I have play against campers that couldn't even camp because you need to down someone before camp.
Average camper killer strat works because average survivors strategy is too altruistic, that's what the game encourage to do.
For the love of God the devs have said countless times that it's not going to be changed for the foreseeable future. they have no current plans for the perk stop making these no one escapes death threads you are literally wasting your own time.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you're not going to be that one person that changes their mind out of the how many people who have already made threads about this, complaint about it on Twitter or talked about it on Reddit
It's still good to spread awareness