Survivor Mains: "Why do killers always want 4k's?"

30k black pip 1.png 30k black pip 2.png

This is a good example of how bad the Killer emblem system is. You play well and your score shows it yet according to the game you didn't even meet the requirement to get a pip. I think what irritates me more about this bad emblem system is i can guarantee the player on 20k pipped and the player on 13k most likely black pipped.

Essentially the game is telling me i played roughly the same as that bottom player which is insane due to the drastic score difference. 1,900 score away from the max and to be honest if i did get that the game might have barely just given me a pip.

This is why Killers slug for the 4k, because it is potential their rank up can be easily robbed from them. If the devs fixed the emblem system so it's fair Killers wouldn't need to slug for the 4k

Comments

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1249705#Comment_1249705

    No you are being passive. Defensive playstyles are by their very nature passive. Camping in an FPS is a very passive way to play. You just wait for the enemy and ambush them. Very little effort for a very high reward. If the other side camps too then you get a never ending game (or one that goes to time) because neither side is willing to actively win.

    There is no bias. If either side wants to pip they have to be active. Hence why I gave a perfect example of a passive survivor. Does nothing but still escapes = black pip (depip at red ranks). If I was bias I would be sitting here saying this survivor deserves to pip while the camping killer doesn't.

    Also my original comment was how killers seem to correlate BP with performance when majority of killers get tons of BP just for existing in the game.

     ''Camping in an FPS''

    this is not a fps, killer can catch you from afar while camping and stopping you from doing gens.

    '' You just wait for the enemy and ambush them.''

    Well clearly this should be rewarding the killer then, they even made a perk named Insidious for that kind of gameplay!

    ''Hence why I gave a perfect example of a passive survivor. Does nothing but still escapes = black pip''

    But killer still have to chase at lest once and then protec his hooked person and his slug to profit of camping and reach a 4k situation,

    in your exemple the survivor can go afk and only be back at the end.

    Killer can't afk and 4k unless they play Bubba and survivor decided to dance around him till he come back.

  • @Magikazam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1249708#Comment_1249708

     ''Camping in an FPS''

    this is not a fps, killer can catch you from afar while camping and stopping you from doing gens.

    '' You just wait for the enemy and ambush them.''

    Well clearly this should be rewarding the killer then, they even made a perk named Insidious for that kind of gameplay!

    ''Hence why I gave a perfect example of a passive survivor. Does nothing but still escapes = black pip''

    But killer still have to chase at lest once and then protec his hooked person and his slug to profit of camping and reach a 4k situation,

    in your exemple the survivor can go afk and only be back at the end.

    Killer can't afk and 4k unless they play Bubba and survivor decided to dance around him till he come back.

    It doesn't matter if they can AFK or not, it's still a very passive way to play and should not be rewarded.

    You say I have a bias but then try to defend camping as if the killer deserves something. They don't. You are the one being biased here.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1244427#Comment_1244427

    Afraid that's a "strawman" argument.

    While you and I may not care about ranking during a match MANY players enjoy the more competitive side of DBD and the pip system is meant to measure your match performance, however when it seems so "off" from the game you just played it leaves a poor taste in your mouth.

    So to say "who care about ranks at this point"...well, lots of people do and they have every right to enjoy that aspect of the game.

    That's a bunch of crap, all due respect. I play for fun and I enjoy the competitive part too, but I don't care about pipping and there are a lot of people that don't either, because there's nothing to gain from it other than having leverage to trash talk and be toxic....oh, now I understand the reason why.

  • @Deadman316 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1247888#Comment_1247888

    That's a bunch of crap, all due respect. I play for fun and I enjoy the competitive part too, but I don't care about pipping and there are a lot of people that don't either, because there's nothing to gain from it other than having leverage to trash talk and be toxic....oh, now I understand the reason why.

    Oof.

    If that last part was a shot at me being "toxic/trash talking" I'm simply having a conversation with the Gentleman I was speaking too. Secondly I said in each post that while I mostly share his views on DBD current rank system there are still many who care about it and that's why I do not feel ranks could disappear without it affecting people (because many people do enjoy a rank system). While I do not think DBD could feasibly support a casual/competitive split on its player base I do hope we get such an option down the line.

    If I may may point out, arguing that you feel there is too much toxic behavior in the forums and then enacting the same behavior towards the individual you feel perpetrates this behavior does nothing to help your case. Toxicity only begets more toxicity.

  • @Magikazam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1244590#Comment_1244590

    Survivor: exist in the same game as freddy... +250 each time they fall asleep

    Also survivor: wow I did 3 dull totems, 1 gen and i did'nt escape but I still pip up!

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    You forgot that survivors get like 200 bp just for meeting another survivor for the first time 😀

  • Yesterday I played ghostface, slugged extremely hard and all of them on the ground in the first 3 mins maybe 4. Got a 4k and depipped, it was fun all of them were red ranks btw

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251412#Comment_1251412

    Oof.

    If that last part was a shot at me being "toxic/trash talking" I'm simply having a conversation with the Gentleman I was speaking too. Secondly I said in each post that while I mostly share his views on DBD current rank system there are still many who care about it and that's why I do not feel ranks could disappear without it affecting people (because many people do enjoy a rank system). While I do not think DBD could feasibly support a casual/competitive split on its player base I do hope we get such an option down the line.

    If I may may point out, arguing that you feel there is too much toxic behavior in the forums and then enacting the same behavior towards the individual you feel perpetrates this behavior does nothing to help your case. Toxicity only begets more toxicity.

    Except I didn't enact any behavior, I'm just calling it how I see it. Nice try to bait me though, it was a good setup.

  • @Deadman316 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251974#Comment_1251974

    Except I didn't enact any behavior, I'm just calling it how I see it. Nice try to bait me though, it was a good setup.

    Oof.

1 2 3 ›