My idea for second chance perks and how to balance them

So a lot of survivors like to stack all the second chance perks they own (Deliverance, Unbreakable, Decisive Strike, etc.) because well, they are just that good. This leads to a simple meta game of the smae perks being run over and over again. My idea to let there be more (But less) variety is to have second chance perks become a "Hex Perk" that can only be equipped to Hex perk slots, the first two perk slots will be hex perk slots which can have any perk you want, including hex perks. The last two are normal perk slots which you can only equip non hex perks to.

This will encourage survivors to run other perks than the meta perks. This could be applied to killer but there is only one true second chance perk being NOED

Comments

  • We need less second chance perks and more perks that reward good plays imo. Not locked behind absurd conditions, but rather a single condition.

  • @Cheers said:

    We need less second chance perks and more perks that reward good plays imo. Not locked behind absurd conditions, but rather a single condition.

    The thing is we cant have less second chance perks since they are already in the game

  • @CornMoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1243737#Comment_1243737

    The thing is we cant have less second chance perks since they are already in the game

    But second chance perks can be modified and changed in the future to be more balanced and fun for one side while not bmruing the others experience.

  • The best killers in the game practically ignore these perks. Nurse / Spirit can down a survivor again within 10 seconds. Freddy does negate BT sometimes, and can drop DS into a snare.

    Killer second chance perks include spirit fury + enduring, and NOED. I would want to include play with your food + nemesis as well, because it is equally as brain dead. But at least it takes a while to charge up and you can see it coming with the obsession swap.

  • @CornMoss said:

    So a lot of survivors like to stack all the second chance perks they own (Deliverance, Unbreakable, Decisive Strike, etc.) because well, they are just that good. This leads to a simple meta game of the smae perks being run over and over again. My idea to let there be more (But less) variety is to have second chance perks become a "Hex Perk" that can only be equipped to Hex perk slots, the first two perk slots will be hex perk slots which can have any perk you want, including hex perks. The last two are normal perk slots which you can only equip non hex perks to.

    This will encourage survivors to run other perks than the meta perks. This could be applied to killer but there is only one true second chance perk being NOED

    survivors don't stack all the second chance perks because "they are just that good" they stack them because there are so many killers out there that tunnel and camp and they need something to counter that. if there weren't as many camping or tunnelling killers then those perks would be used a lot less or those perks would be useless

  • @Shocktober said:

    The best killers in the game practically ignore these perks. Nurse / Spirit can down a survivor again within 10 seconds. Freddy does negate BT sometimes, and can drop DS into a snare.

    Killer second chance perks include spirit fury + enduring, and NOED. I would want to include play with your food + nemesis as well, because it is equally as brain dead. But at least it takes a while to charge up and you can see it coming with the obsession swap.

    Yeah, the best killers can counter them. WHat about the weak ones who just get destroyed by them

  • I love how killers refer to these perks as "second chance". Shows that they clearly never play survivor.

  • @just_a_noob said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/147796/my-idea-for-second-chance-perks-and-how-to-balance-them

    survivors don't stack all the second chance perks because "they are just that good" they stack them because there are so many killers out there that tunnel and camp and they need something to counter that. if there weren't as many camping or tunnelling killers then those perks would be used a lot less or those perks would be useless

    Actually no, they are just that good. They still work against killers who play the game normally

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    I love how killers refer to these perks as "second chance". Shows that they clearly never play survivor.

    Im a higher rank as survivor than killer

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    I love how killers refer to these perks as "second chance". Shows that they clearly never play survivor.

    I'm a rank 1 survivor and killer, and this is how I refer to them as.

  • @Cheers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1243770#Comment_1243770

    I'm a rank 1 survivor and killer, and this is how I refer to them as.

    Exactly, though we disagree somewhat at least you can have a good argument unlike this guy

  • @CornMoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1243763#Comment_1243763

    Actually no, they are just that good. They still work against killers who play the game normally

    and why do they have those perks on in the first place. majority of the people would say because there are so many tunnelling, camping killers. get rid of that and the perks wouldn't be used as much and then they wouldn't be able to use them on a killer who plays normally either.

    i personally wouldn't have any of those perks on if there weren't as many tunnelling, camping killers. it would be a waste of perk slots

  • @Cheers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1243770#Comment_1243770

    I'm a rank 1 survivor and killer, and this is how I refer to them as.

    I am as well. Tell me how you counter a stealth killer or 16m terror radius killer proxy or facecamping a hook? BT will not work. Very few people run kindred, and relying on 1 perk to counter an overpowered strategy that most people will not be using is a bad argument (which is why I think "do bones" against NOED is dumb).

    Wraith can camp hooks pretty hard, but ghostface is the king. You can down someone about half a second after they get unhooked. Wraith? People can see it coming during the uncloak, but ghostface no. If DS did not exist, camping ghostface would be meta against solo Q teams. I am almost certain of it.

  • @Shocktober said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1243779#Comment_1243779

    I am as well. Tell me how you counter a stealth killer or 16m terror radius killer proxy or facecamping a hook? BT will not work. Very few people run kindred, and relying on 1 perk to counter an overpowered strategy that most people will not be using is a bad argument (which is why I think "do bones" against NOED is dumb).

    Wraith can camp hooks pretty hard, but ghostface is the king. You can down someone about half a second after they get unhooked. Wraith? People can see it coming during the uncloak, but ghostface no. If DS did not exist, camping ghostface would be meta against solo Q teams. I am almost certain of it.

    Wraith gotta hit his bell so its a confirmed unhook, the survivor can then body block the unhooked one. Ghost face you can look at him and that whole "strat" that is OP you are talking about is completely gone

  • @just_a_noob said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1243773#Comment_1243773

    and why do they have those perks on in the first place. majority of the people would say because there are so many tunnelling, camping killers. get rid of that and the perks wouldn't be used as much and then they wouldn't be able to use them on a killer who plays normally either.

    i personally wouldn't have any of those perks on if there weren't as many tunnelling, camping killers. it would be a waste of perk slots

    If the killer is tunneling or camping anyways he should only get one survivor if the team you isn't full of a bunch of idiots

  • @CornMoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1243790#Comment_1243790

    Wraith gotta hit his bell so its a confirmed unhook, the survivor can then body block the unhooked one. Ghost face you can look at him and that whole "strat" that is OP you are talking about is completely gone

    It's pretty easy to nail the unhooked survivor with the wraith speed-boost even if someone is trying to bodyblock you. I got called "el camperino" many times years back specifically because of how stupid easy it is to mori someone off the hook with wratih.

    Now you have ghostface, who has no uncloak animation. With a good hook, you can sit literally around the corner and listen for footsteps. Then boom, instakill off the hook with a mori. It's way more clean than wraith can ever be, given the right hook.

  • @CornMoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1243785#Comment_1243785

    If the killer is tunneling or camping anyways he should only get one survivor if the team you isn't full of a bunch of idiots

    that still doesnt change the fact that camping and tunnelling is the reason why most people use those perks.

  • @CornMoss said:

    So a lot of survivors like to stack all the second chance perks they own (Deliverance, Unbreakable, Decisive Strike, etc.) because well, they are just that good. This leads to a simple meta game of the smae perks being run over and over again. My idea to let there be more (But less) variety is to have second chance perks become a "Hex Perk" that can only be equipped to Hex perk slots, the first two perk slots will be hex perk slots which can have any perk you want, including hex perks. The last two are normal perk slots which you can only equip non hex perks to.

    This will encourage survivors to run other perks than the meta perks. This could be applied to killer but there is only one true second chance perk being NOED

    First, if you even think deliverance is a second chance perk youre probably rating 90% a second chance perk. Thats unreasonable. Second, you completely ignore why survivors meta is like it is.

  • @Shocktober said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1243779#Comment_1243779

    I am as well. Tell me how you counter a stealth killer or 16m terror radius killer proxy or facecamping a hook? BT will not work. Very few people run kindred, and relying on 1 perk to counter an overpowered strategy that most people will not be using is a bad argument (which is why I think "do bones" against NOED is dumb).

    Wraith can camp hooks pretty hard, but ghostface is the king. You can down someone about half a second after they get unhooked. Wraith? People can see it coming during the uncloak, but ghostface no. If DS did not exist, camping ghostface would be meta against solo Q teams. I am almost certain of it.

    The counter is too do gens. Yes you may depip, but so will the killer.

  • @Cheers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1243790#Comment_1243790

    The counter is too do gens. Yes you may depip, but so will the killer.

    There's no way. Unless the survivor has kindred, you have no idea that a stealth killer is camping. Before the kindred buff? You could fake leaving as wraith, then just stand there for your free mori. You can't expect people to run 1 perk for a super specific situation, even if it is super overpowered. There's too many situations like that in DBD to justify it.

  • @Shocktober said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1243862#Comment_1243862

    There's no way. Unless the survivor has kindred, you have no idea that a stealth killer is camping. Before the kindred buff? You could fake leaving as wraith, then just stand there for your free mori. You can't expect people to run 1 perk for a super specific situation, even if it is super overpowered. There's too many situations like that in DBD to justify it.

    I usually run Spinechill, so if I go near the hook and see that light glow, I know that there's a camper.

    Additionally, rarely do I see campers at red ranks. Since the start of April I've been tracking stats for something which I won't say yet, basically in these stats I'm yet to face a camper out of 70 games or so...I don't count it as camping if its egc, depends on your taste I guess. I'm also probably extremely lucky.

  • The reason why I did this is so SWF cannot abuse it and solos still get to use an adequate amount of second chance perks