Survivors... Can we add more diversity?
Hello everybody How are you? As many of you know, I play mostly as a survivor, generally because on PC the queue for killers are pretty long. I can play a match doing gens, bones and searching totems but it feels... empty. The most interesting feautre for me it's to get chased and that gets boring with the time since it's pretty much almost the same, and no matter the survivor you pick, you will always get the same "potential", meaning depend on wich perk you're using your playstile can change but every survivor can get all the same. Killers are different, with each one you have a different power, different playstiles that you can seek.
Now I get that if every survivor is different this game would be a pay to win but what if we have two classes of survivors. Like the technical ones and the fast ones (we have 7 survivors as base so even if you have the base game, you will be able to play with both). This is just an idea and obviously it's unfinished but please see the big picture wich is having a more variated playstyle, not exactly "this buff or debuff". And of course, I am open to suggestions.
The fast ones, will receive a small buff in perks like sprint, let's say instead of 150%, they go to 155% BUT, his exhaustion is bigger and when they're exhausted his breath sounds a bit louder (not as much as stridor, but a 5% or something like that)
The technical ones, will receive a smaller penalty in status effect like Hemorrage and it will end sooner if it's a timed status effect, but their vaulting speed will be reduced a bit as well and the perks that grants a buff, will be smaller, like 145% instead of 150%
Now as I said, this is an unfinished idea, and there are a lot that it needs to be polished. I will keep thinking on it of course.
What do you think?
Comments
Thought this was a different topic and was about to vouch for my old lady again (I still want her).
I think this sounds like a good idea in theory as long as a certain group doesn't become meta I don't see the problem in doing this. It's when each individual survivor has different stats is where I'd cross the line.
It sounds cool tbh sadly I don't think the devs will allow that, while it ain't that much 5% people will feel like it's a lot *stares at thana* but 5% for exhaustion it will be like.....? 3 more seconds? Instead of 40 it will be like 43-44? Sorry if my math is wrong
Go to the perk roulette or close your eyes and pick random perks if your gameplay is feelin stale, LOL.
Unfortunately, that would create less diversity. Almost everyone would play 1 of these two camps, depending on the meta, and we would have all the same characters. Just like people play strong killers, just like people play meta perks, people will now play meta survivors.
Hell's, they already do. Blendette, anyone?
Perks doesn't really change gamestyle...
Well, as I said that's just the concept, the numbers might change and yes, I don't think the devs would do it.
Yes, I thought in each survivor having different stats but then the game will fall into the "pay to win" category. And of course, this is just a concept so yes, of course it needs a lot of thinking. Remember that Brand New Part were OP at first (allowing to fully repair a gnerator with the secondary action).
I agree with everything you said but when you start a post with as many of you already know when talking about yourself I kind of chuckle at your ego
Shades of Friday the 13th anyone?
If you want a runner, pick Meg and use her perks since thats what she was originally designed for. Youre playing a game where you have tons of combinations of perks to choose to change your gamestyle. Running Botany Knowledge, Autodidact and other healing perks is gonna change your playstyle into Alturism; the game is not going to change its core when you already have the tools at your disposal to create different styles, you're left to play around with builds to change the experience up yourself, which then translates to a unique experience vs whatever unique killer with their own build youre facing.
Like Identity V? Sure, I guess. But really, the easiest way to make a class system is to require survivors to use at least 2 innate perks in their 4 perk slots. Even then, meta won't disappear, since 'meta' is really just 'most commonly used'.
Thank you but my point is. I can pick Meg and use her perks, but a David can be a runner if you have Meg's perks... Do you understand now? So if I want a runner like Meg, I will have certain advantages and disadvantages than if David runs the same perks. In this way, you can have the same perks with two different characters but they will work in a different way.
Identity V is a good example, not saying that it should be exactly like that, but perhaps some tweaks.