Bond is basically Spine Chill
If you hear a terror radius and no one else shows up with Bond, the Killer is coming for you.
If you hear a terror radius and can see someone getting chased, free pass to stay on your gen.
Bond is very similar to Spine Chill for knowing what the Killer is doing. Like I'd never run both perks in the same build. Bond gives you teammate info, which translates into a lot of info on the Killer's whereabouts. Spine Chill gives you slightly more advance notice than a terror radius would and it works well even on Killers with stealth. Also, the 6% action speed can come clutch occasionally.
Comments
My garbage teammates are the real killers so it's a better Spine Chill.
Not at all. With spine chill you know that the killer is heading your way, stealthy or not. It's use is to prepare you sooner for their approach. Bond gives you info on were your teammates are. Yes if you hear a terror radius and you see no one with bond, he's probably coming for dat ash. BUT, if it's a stealth killer you won't see it coming. Just because it gives you slight info, it doesn't mean that it's spine chill 2.0. With empathy you know where the killer is exactly because you can see where your teammates got injured, does that mean it's spine chill? There are perks like OoO and dark sense which literally give you info on where the killer is, are those spine chill?
I disagree with you. I think spine chill is similar to permenition and bond is similar to empathy. Because bond and spine chill SOMETIMES do the same job, it doesn't mean they are similar. Personally I can't play without spine chill, I feel blind without it, and bond also helps with my somewhat blindness of knowing to which loops I MUSTN'T run cuz there is a survivor there doing an important gen.
See what I mean?
@CLAUDETTEINABUSH
Against stealth killers, it's still not as strong as Spine Chill, but a person running Bond should be aware that the Killer is in the area. You can generally pick up on chases happening even if they're right at the edge of range, so you won't get caught off guard if the Killer switches targets. Stealth or not.
Yes but this requires to have good gamesense. I'll make a scenario for you:
You hear trappers terror radius and no one is around, you know that cuz of bond. You're in killer shack on coldwin, what do you do?
If you decide to run, good job you tried to run away from a trapper that just wanted to set a trap. If you had spine chill you would know that because he wouldn't be looking your way.
Get my point?