Whats anti aliasing?
I hear everyone mentioning it but idk what it is. Anyone have a side by side pic of anti aliasing when its on and when its off i wanna see the difference
I hear everyone mentioning it but idk what it is. Anyone have a side by side pic of anti aliasing when its on and when its off i wanna see the difference
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yeah, me too and I also play on PC and have no idea ######### that is.
I don't know what the purpose of it is. Is it specifically there to make everything blurry? I haven't noticed it to be honest, but I play on higher settings so maybe that's why.
According to dictionary . com:
(in computer graphics) a technique used to add greater realism to a digital image by smoothing jagged edges on curved lines and diagonals.
Basically the image posted by somebody else above me. Antialiasing would make a grainy or pixelated image look much more fine and crisp I suppose, though I will admit this is my first time hearing about it...
Regardless according to some developers who responded to a thread about it, it's been disabled because they don't like it when you mess with the in-game files. Even if it's for harmless graphical or UI changes like the different perk icons people like to tote around. So it hardly matters anymore
Really which someone would post a picture on ULTRA there seems to be no issues with the AA.
https://youtu.be/NDo5TKr6pycIt sounds like BHVR went with heavy FXAA. Cheap on performance but blurs the image. I’ve heard complaints before but not like as many as I have seen today. I havent played the update myself but either the devs implemented it poorly or people are just caught by surprise at how different it looks.