Matchmaking is busted and it’s NOT lack of red killers

Every time people talk about rank 10-15 killers being paired against red rank survivors the excuse is “well there aren’t killers at red rank.

Mea whole in playing at the exact same time as Tofu (he’s streaming) and as 11 I get all red ranks meanwhile as a rank 1 killer he gets 5-9 survivors hmmmm

Comments

  • I didn't realize that Tofu was your neighbor and that you're pulling at the exact same time.


    Sarcasm aside, I agree with you somewhat. I think that a slight tweak that would make all the difference is to make rank 1 killer and survivors wait a little longer before matching them.

    What's happening right now is to red ranks right now is...

    Check to see if there is a rank 1 - 4 group to vs rank 1.

    There's not a rank 1 - 4 available at this very second, ok then just put them with anyone.


    This logic works if you're near the middle of the bell curve. But really falls apart for the edge cases.


    If the logic was more like. Are you near the middle of the bell curve or the edge.

    1. Middle, then if an appropriate match isn't found right away we'll just find a group
    2. Edge (meaning ranks 1-2 or ranks 17-20), spend 2 or 3 times as long looking for a group. if an appropriate match isn't found we'll just find a group.
  • @johnmwarner said:

    Every time people talk about rank 10-15 killers being paired against red rank survivors the excuse is “well there aren’t killers at red rank.

    Mea whole in playing at the exact same time as Tofu (he’s streaming) and as 11 I get all red ranks meanwhile as a rank 1 killer he gets 5-9 survivors hmmmm

    Well, a lack of red rank killers is a serious problem yknow. Thats what this whole midchapter patch is for. Its sort of like the flowers and a nice card one sends to a spouse they just beat the crap out of the night before.

    Red rank Killer players are said spouse. They left because survs were too strong. And now, things are more even, maybe theyll come back.

  • Didn't they disable mm by rank? Ik in the stream they said they're trying the new system on random matches.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    Every time people talk about rank 10-15 killers being paired against red rank survivors the excuse is “well there aren’t killers at red rank.

    Mea whole in playing at the exact same time as Tofu (he’s streaming) and as 11 I get all red ranks meanwhile as a rank 1 killer he gets 5-9 survivors hmmmm

    There are plenty of red rank killers, in one night, I had back to back games with rank 1 killers (it was like 8 games of non-sense).


    the devs just need to double down on matchmaking lol

  • He's 1 killer. Most streams are playing survivor.

    It's like...100 streamers are on survivor and like 5 are on killer.

    I see it all the time, there IS indeed a lack of killer player base.

    Right now, I'm sitting at a 6-8 minute PS4 queue, right now. Either it's too late and the damage is done and killers will not be returning, or A LOT of people are playing and I'm in a normal queue.

    I don't know what to conclude yet.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    He's 1 killer. Most streams are playing survivor.

    It's like...100 streamers are on survivor and like 5 are on killer.

    I see it all the time, there IS indeed a lack of killer player base.

    Right now, I'm sitting at a 6-8 minute PS4 queue, right now. Either it's too late and the damage is done and killers will not be returning, or A LOT of people are playing and I'm in a normal queue.

    I don't know what to conclude yet.

    6-8 minute wait time isn’t really that bad in my experience on this game. I’ve had days where I’ve sat 20 minutes queueing for games lol

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1241048#Comment_1241048

    6-8 minute wait time isn’t really that bad in my experience on this game. I’ve had days where I’ve sat 20 minutes queueing for games lol

    I got done playing, it's cool and all if queue times weren't bad. I wouldn't mind dying all the time if I can get into a lobby in 30 - 40 seconds but a 8 minute wait. No thanks. I'm heading back to CoD.