Cosmetic Purchase Incentive

I had an idea that would give people more incentive to buy cosmetics for both survivor and killer. As certain cosmetics can be pricy, I think it would be a good idea if the outfits rewarded you. for example, a very rare outfit or an individual piece of cosmetic could give a survivor 9% bonus to healing, repairing and sabotaging this would decrease depending on the rarity of the item for example 6% and 3%. This would also be the same for the killer but would increase speed, reduced time for missed attacks and breaking pallets 10% as an example.

I think if this happened, more people who have the incentive to buy cosmetics for both survivor and killer while feeling like they're gaining more out of it. The percentages given are just examples of what it could be but I thought it would be a nice little touch to get something back for buying cosmetics!


What do you all think about this?

0 Comments

Comments

  • As much as I understand the rationale behind the idea, I think that such a feature would push the game very much into pay-to-win territory, which isn't something I'd be willing to get on board with.

  • Absolutely not, NO. That is honestly the worst idea that I have ever heard for this game, the absolute worst.

    It wouldn't be "i think this cosmetic looks cool", it would be "this cosmetic gives the most boost so I'm going to buy this one"

    Every survivor would run that cosmetic, killers would begin to dodge that cosmetic and a whole world of bullshit would come of it.

    No, this is the worst idea that's ever hit these forums.

  • People would buy more cosmetics if they can apply their Prestige Blood on them.

    I remember @not_Queen a while ago stating that she was going to find out if we can have the Chinese New Years Lantern effect as a survivor cosmetic and didn't hear anything back.

    That cosmetic would have been amazing.

  • This sounds like a horrible idea. “Pay $10 to get a permanent stat boost” is extremely anti-consumer and it would put a lot of people off. Cosmetics should always be optional in my opinion, this would make them almost required.

  • No. Absolutely not. A lot of players can barely afford to get all the DLC and therefore don't even have all the necessary perks; this would just further the divide. $10 (or however much cosmetics cost) might not seem like a lot to some of you, but for others it can make quite the difference when trying to manage expenses. It would be very unfair to go up against a survivor/killer who got a boost simply because they were willing to pay money for it.

  • Dark cosmetics already give you a little edge on dark maps.

    We don't need stats boosts, which is literally p2w.

  • I've found that there are some already with a hidden +50% chance of getting tunnelled, spotted across the map and mori'd.

    I know that Pink Bunnies give a 100% chance that when I am the Killer, a Mori will be equipped.

  • I think it's a miracle there are people that can exist to be so blind as to even suggest something like this. If you want to lose a massive chunk of the player base of a paid game this is a spectacular idea! Definitely the quickest way to kill it aside from simply shutting off the servers.

  • We wouldn't really want to go that direction with them. The idea behind cosmetics is that they're optional. If you want to spring for a nice outfit for your favourite character(s), by all means, go for it. If you can't afford it or it's not worth it to you, that's fine as well. Adding stat boosts to them would push them from being optional into being meta, and that's not something we want.

  • @Supernaut said:

    I've found that there are some already with a hidden +50% chance of getting tunnelled, spotted across the map and mori'd.

    I know that Pink Bunnies give a 100% chance that when I am the Killer, a Mori will be equipped.

    But why? I know, at the beginning it was for memes and (not really funny) jokes but those should be old now. Ruining other players fun because of a cosmetic just seems like a unnecessary mean move to me.

  • People would buy more cosmetics if they were more reasonably priced. Most of them are just way too expensive. Once you find ONE you like, you can just stick with it. I bought one outfit for Meg, and now I just don't play any other survivors. Why would I? She has every perk. If there's a daily or a challenge with a specific survivor, I'll switch to them for a bit. But given the investment I made in Meg, I'll be going back to Meg anyway.

  • 90% bonus? Pay 2 win

    We should really question why we pay for cosmetics in any game though. Here I am a grown man buying new fashion accessories for my Kate to make her look badass and I feel like a little girl playing with Barbie.

    She does look cool though 😎 Now I just need her dream house and convertable car as dlc please Behaviour and she will be complete. Gonna get some cosmetics for Dwight next and he can be my Ken