Why are ranks up to 20?
I feel like it is too high imo, 20 ranks? Maybe thats why it takes too long to find a survivor match because players take too long to rank up. Why not make it like 10-15 ranks or basic,bronze, silver,gold,etc type of rank?.
This game is really weird too, sometimes it takes me 2-5 minutes to find a game as survivor and it actually puts me with my correct rank players (rank 2-1) and when I play killer it is instantly but I am a rank 9 killer and I go against sweaty rank 1-2 swf players. Also if cross play were to be added (which I am sure it will) it would actually improve finding a game. Lastly, make ranking a bit more difficult to rank up as survivor because it is fairly easy to rank up and I am tired of teaming up with players who are literal potatoes.
Comments
So it technically is a thing already isn’t it? Why don’t they take that extra step and just remove them, it probably messes up the ranks anyway. I got a rank 20 in my rank 1 game before.
I actually think there should be more. When someone reaches rank 10 they think I'm half way to being to red ranks when they actually are nowhere near the level of a red rank player.
I think once you reach rank 10 your given false hope on how much skill you have compared to other players.
Sorry if this sounds bad but I thought I'd explain why there should be more ranks.
That’s why they make it harder to rank up and besides more ranks would make the ranking system more complicating = longer queues
I wish it was tougher to rank up but more people would complain about how unfair ranking up is.
At least with more ranks people will still feel "rewarded" by ranking up regularly. I think when it comes to matchmaking it won't make too much of a difference. Red ranks usually will get rank 10s as teammates and killers anyways. Since the player base stays the same it won't make much of a difference, just a difference to ranks.
I personally think to help with queue times they need to advertise this game better. Just imagine if they paid a few youtubers or streamers to advertise the game when a new killer comes out. It would bring an influx of new players to the game. The only time this game gets any type of advertisement is when they release a trailer for a licensed chapter.
I don't think you realise this, but all of DBD's imbalance issues boils down to map design and, drum roll please, EASY RANKING. Survivors rank up like it's a participation trophy, which means you don't have to be even remotely good to reach rank 1. This, by extension, makes it easier to rank up as killer becaue you can get easy pips from 'high rank' survivors and Brutal Killer your way through the rest of your matches against actually good survivors.
If anything the developers need to add more ranks and make it a lot harder to rank up as a survivor (in addition, of course, to fixing the matchmaking so rank 1's and rank 7's never, ever see each other). The fact that you think ranking up takes too long goes to show the state that this game is in: Rank was never designed as a grind able participation trophy. If you want that coveted red border, you should have the skill to earn it. The best of the best should not be going against babies that ground pips for a few hundred hours. DBD may be a casual game, but it shouldn't be THAT casual.
Plus, I hate being in red ranks. Everyone there is either super sweaty (which they should be) or super awful (like me). I just want to run around with Chest Build, give people stuff, and have fun chases. I dont want to play M1 simulator 2020. STOP MAKING ME PIP FOR THE LOVE OF THE ENTITY!
I miss purple ranks. It was fun. People had fun. We all had fun. And generators never got finished.
I miss purple ranks :(
Well once the MMR system comes out I don't see the issue with making ranking up harder. It's not going to affect matchmaking at all at that point, so there really is no reason to complain about your rank as it would be up to your skill...
...is what I would say if ranking up wasn't based on very specific parameters, and that if you do not follow the specific guidelines that the emblem system requires, then you don't pip, even if you were being useful.
If the Emblem system were to more accurately measure skill, then there would be no problem with increasing difficulty to ranking up
I think the intention was to keep players of different skill levels separated further.
20 isnt even enough to separate the players.