Can't play with someone using same IP address
Hey there, I'm a pretty new player. I started on Xbox when the dedicated servers were still disabled. Now that they're enabled again I can no longer play with my husband (different Xbox, same house). After literally an hour trying to figure it out we finally came to the conclusion that it must have something to do with the matchmaker getting confused when we try to connect at the same time using the same IP address. We're still individually able to play but we cannot group together at all, once it finds a game it will kick one of the two of us from the group. We can play any other multiplayer game together with absolutely no problems, can this please be fixed so that we can enjoy this game together?
Comments
I would suggest simply changing your IP for one of your systems. I'm not even sure how any multiplayer game works if both your systems have the same IP. My mothers phone and my PS4 had the same IP at one time and it freaked out and wouldn't even let me go online in general.
I think she means the same external IP, of course they are not using the same IP on their LAN...
Yes this is exactly what I mean ๐
Couldn't say then. I've had multiple PS4's running off the same internet and never had issues connecting to SWF myself so I don't know what the problem could be. Sorry for not being able to help. :/
I don't think it was that out there of a guess to think she meant internal IP. Wouldn't be the first time someone has set the same static IP to all their devices and wonder why they don't work properly. My brother and friend have done it and I've done it accidentally so that's probably why I assumed as much.
Thanks anyways. My husband works in IT and is trying to figure a work around for it. I just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this and fixed it.
one of you uses a VPN xD
Unfortunately Microsoft doesn't allow you to use a VPN on Xbox so I guess, currently we just won't be playing, which sucks because it was a lot of fun for us.
If VPN is a no go, the last thing I can think of is Sharing 4G/LTE from a mobile phone and connect the xbox to it (WIFI), the game does not eat up a lot of data (around 100MB / hour of gaming).