state of the game on ps4

hello everyone, with this discussion i wanted to point out how bad and unfun the game is on ps4, for both survivors and killers. Playing killers on console is just no fun, since as soon as a you get green rank, you will face toxic rank1 swf 99% of the time. For this reason no one wants to play killer and there is a killer shortage, confirmed by the super long queues to play survivor. Playing survivor also is not very fun since you get matched, most of the time, against rank 18-20 killers, or you face killers that will just let you farm. At this rate the game on ps4 will just die in my opinion. What do you think?

Comments

  • Unfortunately, it's pretty much like this everywhere. I wouldn't pay attention to ranks though, most people are not at the rank they belong in right now.

  • I love the game, and play often on PS4.

    My MM is mixed. Some nights we get a lot of rank 12 through 15 killers, other nights we face all red rank killers.

    As killer I have recently switched to survivor, so I don't rank up much. Just play enough to maintain purple ranks, so ofcourse most of my lobbies are red rank swfs.

    With that said, they are a mixed bag as well. Some are pretty damn good. Others just are too damn altruistic resulting in ez games.

    I don't get many farming killers at all.

  • As a PS4 player I disagree pretty hard.

    As killer most of my games are generally easy with me getting occasionally curbstomped or having a tough match. Most SWF's I run into are either messing around or are way too altruistic. Also just because gens go fast doesn't mean they're being super sweaty either. There isn't much else to do if you're fully healed and your SWF teammate is leading the killer around for 3 gens.

    As Survivor the games have been really good recently to the point I joked with my friend that they already have the MMR in place as the games have all been pretty close. I do normally play with one other person so I'm not a solo which does make a difference and yeah, the matchmaking is still a rainbow but it's been quite fun anyway.

    I also don't think Red Rankers are tryhards as some people like to put. It's not that everyone is being super sweaty but they just have more experience. I've looped rank 13 killers for 4 gens and got facecamped and I can only assume he thought I was the most sweaty person ever when in reality I'm just running the loops somewhat efficiently and having a good time getting chased.

    Most red rank killers I see know the loops really well and they have really good mindgames. It's been such a long time since I've seen a facecamping or tunneling rank 1 killer. Some will go for the slug 4k but even I'll do that sometimes if it's been a tough game or I'm doing a challenge, trophy, etc. so I can complain about it too much.

  • I play regularly depending on what shift im working but im loving the ps4 play still. My only gripe is the waiting times for survivor. I got a 4K with Trapper against 4 very good jukers last night, without any post game email abuse, so things are still good here :)

  • you're right, probably I am a toxic rank 1 swf. The problem is that there are matches with extremely good killers but in most cases the killers are bullied by the survivors (decisive, torch, OP pallets ...). the killers should be improved a little