Increase the bloodpost cost, good and bad, for safe/unsafe hook rescues

This is something that has been frustrating me beyond belief over the last few weels. People dont seem to understand the concept of unsafe hook rescues and I have lost so many matches really quick due to the concept of 'lets run full speed to the hooked survivor and unhook them when the killer is literally within arms reach' Even running perks like Kindred to lets everyone see that the killer is near by doesn't disuade this poor play.

With that said I think that the penalty/bonus for safe hook rescue should be increased.

Comments

  • as killer I love survivors that dive bomb the hook. I get to camp while usually 2 survivors aren’t on gens. Then, when they do commit to the unhook it’s simple to do a trade and we start the process over. On survivor it pains me to get hooked cause I can see usually 2 teammates crouched behind a bush 10 feet from the hook doing nothing. Here’s a news flash to boosted survivors: one of the biggest resources survivors have is the sheer amount of time they can hang on a hook. Do gens. Dive bombing hook only aids the killer.

  • While hookbombing DOES actually benefit me as a Killer main, yes, I can agree that the BP reward gap between safe/unsafe hook rescues needs increasing.

    Sometimes the person you save might screw up themselves, in which cases losing the BP might be frustrating, but the bottom line is that unsafe hook rescues are a massive detriment to the team and should not be rewarded with +1000 BP, with the safe rescues that actually are a huge help only 500 bonus BP.

  • Yeah, but if it's A. right before a survivor advances a hook state or B. end game, it's always better for the survivor on the hook to have an unsafe unhook than no unhook at all, especially if the person unhooked has DS or Unbreakable.

    Unsafe unhooks are not inherently bad.

  • I honestly think that unsafe hooks should be the one thing in the game that gives negative BP. You aren't even doing nothing, you are actively harming the game.

  • The more I play the more I start to think that negative reinforcement doesn't work well. So I'v kind of changed my stance on this. What I feel is that unsafe unhooks shouldnt reward bloodpoints, there should be no bonus for it, but you dont lose any, BUT safe unhooks should get a big bonus.


    I fleel the same way about things like camping as well. Chases, time away from hooks should grant extra bloodpoints. (like a bonus if you hook someone and move out of line of sight of it and outside of a radius within a period of time). It encourages good and fun play.