The Kindred Addition
Kindred is probably one of the most underrated non-unique perks of Dead by Daylight.
It's effects can be viewed here: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Kindred
For those that have yet to experience it.
Now as we are aware the developers have announced adding Kindred as a default bonus to all survivors in the future. This begs the question, how much of Kindred survivors get?
I think since they want to buff solo players we'll all get Kindred 2 for free and the third tier killer aura will be worked into a separate perk entirely. What are your thoughts on this?
It's effects can be viewed here: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Kindred
For those that have yet to experience it.
Now as we are aware the developers have announced adding Kindred as a default bonus to all survivors in the future. This begs the question, how much of Kindred survivors get?
I think since they want to buff solo players we'll all get Kindred 2 for free and the third tier killer aura will be worked into a separate perk entirely. What are your thoughts on this?
Comments
I can accept the change.
That said, the devs need to address other problems first. Namely, put an end to these strong loops survivors have.
If the devs just push this Kindred change through, killer will be in a difficult position. Because survivors will have the coordination they need to steam roll a lot of the killers.
I main Nurse.
Even I am a little worried over this change. All killers can be gen rushed.
Kindred as a default would totally kill camping, which is nice, but would also let survivors know where the killer is heading to after hooking the survivor, so yeah, i'm up for the lvl 2 kindred.
Kindred is underrated because it helps other players, not yourself, for the same reason BT isnt used by most solo survivors even though its quite strong.
Kindred will never make it through the PTB though, because I believe devs still want to milk the game a bit instead of killing it. The strong part about kindred is that you see your mates and are aware of their location and intentions, not that you see the killer aura in a very small circle.
I don't know how I feel about the change. I am not a fan of Kindred, because in my experience it does the opposite effect of what it is supposed to do. I used kindred for quite some time as a survivior and instead of organizing themselves the other 3 surviviors used my perk to meet up and do gens together throughout the whole match and then escape although the killer did not camp or still all 3 survivors chase to the hook trying to get the bloodpoints and pip and wasting time they could have spend on doing gens. I would wish they would add the option that one can deactivate it when it becomes a standard part of survivor because I do not want it.
Solo survivors will be almost as coordinated as SWF teams. Gen rushes will be more common and SWF will be even more powerful.
Devs probably do this to balance the game and nerf survivors hard after that patch.
But they need to be quick. Otherwise there won't be much left of a killer community.
That's my biggest concern.
Imagine how miserable killer will be waiting for the devs to balance out the kindred change.
It will be miserable for everyone. Killers won´t play because gens will be done faster and survivors won´t play because they sit in a lobby for 45+ minutes.
Kindred 2 should be base, I agree.
(Of course, it's a low priority compared to some other perks that need changes, but still I'm up for it.)
Should be kindred 3. It’s like trying to give Solo equality with SWF, but giving proximity comms or killer can hear it as well instead. Don’t half ass it. Fully push the coordination then nerf. It’s the only way
I feel like some sort of version of bond should be implemented, such as when a survivor is within 24 meters of the hook and another survivor they have the ability to see each other, this can have the same effect as kindred if the survivors are going for hook saves, but not if they are doing anything else.
if they get rid of loops then whats the point of playing survivor if you cant run and escape the killer. you arent suppose to allways kill us
Funny how survivors complain about only seeing nurse and billy on high ranks, but when someone plays something else, they punish this heavily.
That rises the questions why then dont buff killers / nerf survivors in general in the same patch.
anyway, im off playing monster hunter, good luck my fellow killer mains
They want to see what happens first. Maybe they have an emergency plan. Maybe we get a rushed DLC like last year.
You mean like the leatherface BBQ emergency plan? Yeah maybe, but I hope that its not a perk which is the emergency plan, we already have too many mandatory perks
Maybe the killer can also see every survivor affected by kindred. That would be fun!
Doesn´t matter if the killer stands 1 meter away or 50 meters. Survivors will still call it camping.
It is broken indeed when survivors can see each other, thats even stronger than coordination via voice comms (in that particular scenario)
Comparing DBD to a mobile game is just ridiculous, im not gonna comment on that one
It´s not like we´ve had bad experiences with the devs in the past. Myers nerfs, Freddy, Wraith Cube, etc.
I really don´t think the devs have a killer buff prepared. Or they would have talked about it.
Just look at the last stream, where you can see the devs play their own game on low ranks. They think it´s balanced.