Totem Counter

Let me start of by saying I am against having a totem counter because it would basically be a nerf to totem perks by removing the uncertainty of them. Given the amount of complaints in regards to NoEd that flood the forums, many people have suggested a counter because they don't want to give up a perk slot to counter the Killers perk slot.

If one does get implemented, I would think that it would only be fair that Killers get the same treatment and have certain "uncertainties" be removed for them as well, so I suggest that whenever Borrowed Time or Decisive Strike is active, the Survivor should glow a bright yellow in order to help remove some of the guesswork from Killers.

Just as it is difficult to keep track and cleanse five totems, it is difficult to keep track of who has been hooked, especially if everyone is playing the same character.

Comments

  • People on here constantly argue the fact that SWF is the problem with DBD. Let's be real now. That's been said a million times on these forums. And then you get these little posts. They ask stuff like, should the game be balanced around SWF or Solo? And every time these people agree that the game should be balanced around SWF. Because people think that they're the biggest problem with the game. People argue over and over again on these forums that solo is unfun and they're at a disadvantage.


    Now we get this idea of a totem counter. SWF teams already communicate how many totems are broken through voice comms. Something that solo players can't do. And now people are like... Woah woah woah! Hold on there. A totem counter is a nerf!


    It's simply a solo survivor buff. One that's not that major. And now everyone's like, SCREW YOU SOLO PLAYERS!


    I mean come on now. Let's stop having these stupid conversations about buffing solo players. Obviously people don't feel that way. If something like this is too big of a deal.

  • These noed removing carp is just bull especially cause people are admitting that they are gen rushing rather then playing the game properly and actually cleansing totems, it’s truly sad when I see those threads of new accounts complaining about a counterable perk....

  • @Champagne said:

    These noed removing carp is just bull especially cause people are admitting that they are gen rushing rather then playing the game properly and actually cleansing totems, it’s truly sad when I see those threads of new accounts complaining about a counterable perk....

    Removing crap*

  • @AvisDeene said:

    Let me start of by saying I am against having a totem counter because it would basically be a nerf to totem perks by removing the uncertainty of them. Given the amount of complaints in regards to NoEd that flood the forums, many people have suggested a counter because they don't want to give up a perk slot to counter the Killers perk slot.

    If one does get implemented, I would think that it would only be fair that Killers get the same treatment and have certain "uncertainties" be removed for them as well, so I suggest that whenever Borrowed Time or Decisive Strike is active, the Survivor should glow a bright yellow in order to help remove some of the guesswork from Killers.

    Just as it is difficult to keep track and cleanse five totems, it is difficult to keep track of who has been hooked, especially if everyone is playing the same character.

    Neither of those things should be implemented into the game.

  • @GrannyonAcid said:

    People on here constantly argue the fact that SWF is the problem with DBD. Let's be real now. That's been said a million times on these forums. And then you get these little posts. They ask stuff like, should the game be balanced around SWF or Solo? And every time these people agree that the game should be balanced around SWF. Because people think that they're the biggest problem with the game. People argue over and over again on these forums that solo is unfun and they're at a disadvantage.

    Now we get this idea of a totem counter. SWF teams already communicate how many totems are broken through voice comms. Something that solo players can't do. And now people are like... Woah woah woah! Hold on there. A totem counter is a nerf!

    It's simply a solo survivor buff. One that's not that major. And now everyone's like, SCREW YOU SOLO PLAYERS!

    I mean come on now. Let's stop having these stupid conversations about buffing solo players. Obviously people don't feel that way. If something like this is too big of a deal.

    I think it'd still be too unfair to the killer, because now the survivors have a checklist of gens and totems. If it's such an issue for solo play, they can run Small Game or Detective's Hunch or bring a map to make quick work of totems without the need of comms.

  • I'd be fine with a totem counter. It would make playing solo less stressful.

  • @Champagne said:

    These noed removing carp is just bull especially cause people are admitting that they are gen rushing rather then playing the game properly and actually cleansing totems, it’s truly sad when I see those threads of new accounts complaining about a counterable perk....

    Playing the game properly? Is there are rule that says you have to cleanse totems or something?

  • @Khar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234335#Comment_1234335

    I think it'd still be too unfair to the killer, because now the survivors have a checklist of gens and totems. If it's such an issue for solo play, they can run Small Game or Detective's Hunch or bring a map to make quick work of totems without the need of comms.

    I'm not going to argue if I think there should be a totem counter or not in this thread. I'm simply stating the facts. That people on here make post after post that solo survivors need to be buffed to SWF standards and then killers need to be buffed to deal with SWF. With what I read on these forums is what it sounds like the community wants.


    I don't think a totem counter really matters either way. I don't really care if it's added into the game or not. But a totem counter is the first idea I've really seen on here on how to bring solo players to even grounds. And as soon as it's suggested, people want to shut it down. Why keep having these threads about buffing solo gameplay if a totem counter is too much of a buff? All I'm saying.


    I personally put on Detective's Hunch a few days ago. I personally love running it. It's now apart of my staple build.

  • Why not just let survivors see killers perks?

    I will make solo survivor less stressful and everything. F killers, who cares about them?

  • I personally don't like the idea of a totem counter, but I think it would be better if certain totem related perks such as Small Game and Detectives Hunch should display numbers where tokens would be, which display the number of totems on the map.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234337#Comment_1234337

    Playing the game properly? Is there are rule that says you have to cleanse totems or something?

    Wow coming from someone who can’t understand What I’m saying! Playing the game properly? "Oh I’m sorry but it’s not my fault that I keep seeing whiny little survivors who want noed gone cause they keep forgetting about another objective, so they go on forums to complain”

    when I say properly it’s obvious I’m talking about people just gen rushing or walking past a totem like it’s nothing, and yet those are the people who complain about noed, this whole no no noed nonsense is getting really sad...

  • Is a Totem Counter really that much of a controversial topic to discuss?

    I honestly think even if they added it most Solos still won't care, it's just those Solos that frequent this forum that will get the most use out of it because those Solos tend to be the one who gets the short end of the stick when it comes to Hex perks.

  • @Champagne said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234349#Comment_1234349

    Wow coming from someone who can’t understand What I’m saying! Playing the game properly? "Oh I’m sorry but it’s not my fault that I keep seeing whiny little survivors who want noed gone cause they keep forgetting about another objective, so they go on forums to complain”

    when I say properly it’s obvious I’m talking about people just gen rushing or walking past a totem like it’s nothing, and yet those are the people who complain about noed, this whole no no noed nonsense is getting really sad...

    You said "genrushing instead of playing the game properly". I didn't understand anything wrong at all. Genrushing is playing the properly, if that's what they want to do.

    Totems are not a secondary objective at all. It could be considered a secondary objective if NOED was basekit but it's not. In most matches, cleansing totems will do absolutely nothing except giving bloodpoints, how could that be a secondary objective?

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234365#Comment_1234365

    You said "genrushing instead of playing the game properly". I didn't understand anything wrong at all. Genrushing is playing the properly, if that's what they want to do.

    Totems are not a secondary objective at all. It could be considered a secondary objective if NOED was basekit but it's not. In most matches, cleansing totems will do absolutely nothing except giving bloodpoints, how could that be a secondary objective?

    Actually cleansing totems will do more than just bloodpoints😊 I mean how could you possibly know the killer has noed? Still it is best to cleanse totems cause if you wanna be put in a situation where you all get downed by noed cause you decided to gen rush and ruin the game for the killer. It’s okay if you don’t understand that lots of people see cleansing totems as a secondary action. Cause if there was no totems to cleanse then why add noed or any other hex perk at all? That’s the point of totems is it would be considered as a secondary action, I mean unless you do wanna suffer the consequences and get mad at the killer for the survivors mistakes?