Changes I'd Make to Weaker Perks

Just a list of ideas. I tend to brainstorm on my downtime (which I have a lot of since I'm always home), so I came up with a bunch of stuff for lesser-used perks.

Updated some stuff. Thanks for the feedback.


Survivor Perks

Buckle Up

Unlocks potential in one's aura-reading ability.

While in the dying state, all Survivors within 48 meters can determine your recovery progress by the intensity of your aura. The recovery progress of dying Survivors can be determined by the intensity of their auras at a distance of up to 48 meters.

When you recover from the dying state to injured, or you heal another Survivor from dying state to injured, both you and the Survivor that healed you see the Killer's aura for 4/5/6 seconds.

Calm Spirit

Animals seem to trust you as they often stay calm in your presence.

You don't alert woodland creatures. You overcome the urge to scream. Receive a visual cue when a crow is disturbed by the Killer within a 28/32/36 meter range.

(Note: Also mutes wiggling grunts, fall staggers, and grunts made while cleansing. You basically mute your voice with this perk.)


Camaraderie

Life has taught you the importance of friendship which has given you strength.

If you are within 16 meters of another Survivor on the hook in the struggle phase, their hook timer is paused for 26/30/34 seconds.

If another Survivor is within 16 meters of your hook during the struggle phase, your hook timer is paused for 26/30/34 seconds.


Deja Vu

Unlocks potential in one's aura-reading ability. Paranoia paired with the horror of failure drives you to avoid repeating the same mistakes.

You see the auras of regressing generators. The repair progress of regressing generators can be determined by the intensity of its aura for 30/45/60 seconds after it starts regressing.

If you are holding a map that can track generators, generators revealed by Deja Vu are added to the map.


Distortion

You start the trial with 3 Tokens. Completing healing actions and Safe Hook Rescues grants a token.

When your aura would be shown to the Killer, Distortion activates and a token is consumed.

For the next 6/8/10 seconds while Distortion is activated, your aura and scratch marks will not be shown to the Killer.

  • Distortion does not activate when you are in the dying state or in a trap.


Lucky Break

You've had your share of scrapes and bruises, but luck's always on your side.

Lucky Break activates any time you are injured and not repairing, healing, being healed, or sabotaging. (In other words, walking around idly.) You won't leave trails of blood for 120/150/180 seconds.

Lucky Break is permanently deactivated for the remainder of the trial once the total duration has elapsed.


No Mither

Go on out there, kid. It's just a scratch.

Grants the ability to fully recover from the dying state. When recovering from the dying state to injured, become Broken for 90 seconds. While afflicted by the Broken status effect:

  • You leave no trails of blood.
  • Grunts of pain while injured or dying are reduced by 0%/25%/50%.
  • Drop pallets 25% faster and stunning the Killer with pallets increases the duration of the stun by 50%.


No One Left Behind

It is inconceivable to leave someone behind. Once the exit gates are powered, you gain the following effects:

  • 100% additional bloodpoints for healing and unhooking other Survivors.
  • 30%/40%/50% bonus action speed when healing or unhooking other Survivors.
  • The auras of all other Survivors are revealed to you.


Pharmacy

You have a knack for finding medicine. Searches through chests are 40%/60%/80% faster and the noises they cause along with their hearing distances are reduced by 8 meters.

Pharmacy guarantees an Emergency Med-Kit with the Gel Dressing add-on on your first completed chest search.


Premonition

You have an undeniable capability to sense danger. Get an auditory warning when looking in the direction of the Killer in a 45-degree cone within a range of 36 meters.

Premonition has a cooldown of 25/20/15 seconds each time it activates.


Second Wind

After healing Survivors for the equivalent of one health state, Second Wind activates. The next time you are injured and not in a chase, you will passively heal from injured to healthy over the course of 36/34/32 seconds. Survivors that heal you while Second Wind is active will have their healing speed increased by 100%.

Second Wind deactivates when you change health states.

(Note: Not sure about this one.)


Sole Survivor

As more of your friends fall to the Killer, you become shrouded in isolation and the Killer's aura-reading abilities towards you are disrupted.

Each time another Survivor is hooked, gain a token. Each token reduces the range in which the Killer can see your aura by 6 meters, up to a maximum of 7/8/9 Tokens.

(Note: No longer an obsession perk.)


This Is Not Happening

You perform at your best when you are under extreme stress.

Great Skill Check success zones get 30% bigger and grant an additional 1%/1.5%/2% action progress while injured.


Urban Evasion

Years of evading the cops have taught you a thing or two about stealth.

You slow-vault and enter lockers 20% faster.

While crouching, your movement speed is increased by 80%/90%/100%.


Vigil

You look over your friends even in dire situations.

By healing another Survivor from the dying state to injured, or injured to healthy, or unhooking them, immediately dispel the Exhausted, Hemorrhage, Mangled, Hindered, Oblivious, Broken, and Blindness status effects.

You and your allies within an 8 meter range recover from the Exhausted, Hemorrhage, Mangled, Hindered, Oblivious, Broken, and Blindness status effects 15%/20%/25% faster. Once out of range, this effect persists for 15 seconds.

(Could use better description lol)


Babysitter

While you have a reputation for being self-centered, you risk it all to help those in need.

When you unhook another Survivor, they leave no scratch marks and blood trail for the next 10/15/20 seconds. You and the unhooked Survivor see the Killer's aura and the Killer sees your aura for 4 seconds.


Flip-Flop

You have an uncanny ability to escape the inevitable.

While in the dying state, your recovery progression is converted into wiggle progression when you are picked up by the Killer, up to a maximum of 40%/45%/50% total wiggle progression.


Lightweight

Your running is light and soft, making your tracks harder to follow.

Scratch marks stay visible 1/2/3 seconds less than normal and noise produced by running is reduced by 50%.


Slippery Meat

You have developed an efficient way to escape the Killer's grasp.

Once per match, when the wiggle meter is at 75%, succeed a difficult skill check to immediately escape the Killer's grasp.

After escaping the Killer's grasp, you leave no scratch marks or blood trail for 4/6/8 seconds.


Solidarity

Sharing painful experiences has the power to heal.

While injured, healing a Survivor also heals you and all Survivors within an 8 meter range at a 50% conversion rate.

(Note: Works with med-kits too.)


Technician

You are apt at handling machinery with the greatest care and precision.

While repairing a generator:

  • Good Skill Check success zones are increased by 30%/40%/50%.
  • Noises caused by repairs and their hearing distances are reduced by 8 meters.
  • Your aura will not be shown to the Killer.

On a failed skill check, the generator explosion is prevented and deactivates Technician for 60 seconds.


Wake Up!

Unlocks potential in one's aura-reading ability.

You open exit gates 5%/10%/15% faster.

Once the exit gates are powered, both exit gates' auras are revealed to you. While opening an exit gate, you see the auras of all Survivors and the Killer. All Survivors see your aura.


We're Gonna Live Forever

Your few friends deserve the best protection.

When you unhook a Survivor, both you and the unhooked Survivor gain a 5%/6%/7% Haste status effect for 30 seconds while standing within 8 meters of one another.

Each time you perform a Safe Hook Rescue or take a hit to protect a Survivor, gain a 25% stackable bonus to all bloodpoint gains up to a maximum of 100% bonus bloodpoints. The bonus bloodpoints are only rewarded post-trial.



---

Killer Perks

Agitation

You get excited in anticipation of unhooking your prey.

You pick up dying Survivors 6%/12%/18% faster. Your movement speed while carrying Survivors is increased by 6%/12%/18%. While carrying a Survivor, your terror radius is increased by 12 meters.

You hook Survivors 33% faster.


Bitter Murmur

Unlocks potential in one's aura-reading ability.

Each time a generator is fully repaired, all Survivors' auras are revealed to you for 5 seconds. When the last generator is fully repaired, all Survivors' auras are revealed to you for 6/8/10 seconds.


Blood Echo

The agony of one is inflicted on others.

When hooking a Survivor, all other injured or dying Survivors suffer from the Broken and Exhaustion status effects for 40/50/60 seconds.

(Note: No longer a cooldown.)


Coulrophobia

Your presence alone instills great fear.

Survivors within your terror radius have a 12%/14%/16% penalty to repair, healing, and sabotage speed.


Cruel Limits

Your ties to the otherworldly manifest when your prey attempts to get away.

All vault locations within 24 meters of regressing generators will be blocked by the Entity. This effect persists for an additional 10/15/20 seconds after the generator stops regressing.

You see the auras of the vault locations blocked by Cruel Limits.


Dead Man's Switch

You become obsessed with one Survivor.

After hooking the obsession, Dead Man's Switch activates for 45 seconds.

While Dead Man's Switch is active, Survivors that stop repairing generators will cause the Entity to block the generator for 50/55/60 seconds.

Affected generators are highlighted by a white aura.

  • The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time


Distressing

Your horrifying emanation strikes at a supernaturally long distance.

Your terror radius is increased by 8 meters. Gain 50%/75%/100% more bloodpoints for actions in the Deviousness category.


Dying Light

You become obsessed with one Survivor.

Any Survivors within 8 meters of your obsession suffer from a 16%/18%/20% penalty to repair, healing, and sabotage speeds. Once out of range, this effect persists for 15 seconds.

  • The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.


Insidious

Unlocks the stealth ability.

When the trial begins, you are granted the Undetectable status effect for 40 seconds. After hooking a Survivor, you become Undetectable for 20/25/30 seconds.


Mindbreaker

Your distressing presence drains and weakens your prey.

While repairing generators, Survivors are afflicted with Exhaustion. Any existing Exhaustion timers are paused while the Survivor is repairing a generator.

After ending the repair action, the Survivor is afflicted with Exhaustion for 8/9/10 seconds.


Monstrous Shrine

Your fervent care of the hooks found in the trial have aroused the Entity's interest.

Monstrous Shrine activates after hooking 3 Survivors. When Monstrous Shrine activates, all generators with repair progress made will be blocked by the Entity for 20/25/30 seconds.

Affected generators are highlighted by a white aura.


Remember Me

You become obsessed with one Survivor.

Each time you hit your obsession with a basic attack, increase the opening time of the exit gates by 5 seconds, up to a maximum of 30 additional seconds, when Remember Me activates.

Remember Me activates when all generators have been repaired. The obsession is not affected by Remember Me.

  • The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.


Spies From The Shadows

Unlocks potential in one's aura-reading ability.

You don't alert woodland creatures.

You see the auras of crows within 28/32/36 meters. The hearing distance of cawing crows is increased by 8 meters.


Territorial Imperative

Unlocks potential in one's aura-reading ability.

You see the aura of the basement hooks at all times.

While you are more than 24 meters away from the basement, the auras of Survivors in the basement are revealed to you. Their auras are revealed for an additional 4/5/6 seconds after they leave the basement.


Tinkerer

Generators with more than 60% repair progression regress 100% faster.

When a generator is repaired to 60% repair progress, it triggers a loud noise notification and you are granted the Undetectable status effect for 20/25/30 seconds.


Unrelenting

You recuperate faster from missed attacks made with your main weapon. The cooldown after missed basic attacks is reduced by 30%/40%/50%.


Beast of Prey

Your lust to kill is so intense that your connection to the Entity is momentarily lost, making you totally unpredictable.

Grants the Undetectable status effect while affected by Bloodlust.

Upon initiating a chase, immediately gain Bloodlust Tier 1. You cannot exceed Bloodlust Tier 1. Beast of Prey deactivates once you lose Bloodlust.

Beast of Prey has a cooldown of 90/75/60 seconds.


Stridor

You are acutely sensitive to the breathing of your prey.

Survivors' groans of pain are 30%/40%/50% louder and can heard from 8 meters further. Regular breathing is 25% louder.


Surge

Your eerie presence charges the air and interferes with technology.

Putting a Survivor in the dying state causes all generators within a 32 meter range to instantly explode and regress. This applies an additional regression of 8%/9%/10%.

(Note: No cooldown or basic attack needed.)

Comments

  • - Calm Spirit: Way too much #########. Either give it the Killer's position notification or the grunts while doing actions. Both is too much.

    - Distortion is fine as it is.

    - I dont like this version of Second Wind. Maybe as a separate perk, but I like the current one more as a time saver, rather than an extra health state thats not very easy to pull off.

    - This Is Not Happening: Meh. Extra action speed? Does it really need that? Would that 2% make it worth it?

    - Urban Evasion: Same deal as Calm Spirit. Way too much together. But honestly, Urban Evasion is fine as it is. If you want to make blood invisible while crouching, then use any of the other perks that reduce that.

    - Flip Flop: No. 50% is fine.

    - Slippery Meat: Do we really need another old non-Obsession DS? No.

    - Technician: Remove the aura-reading immunity and its fine.

    - WGLF: The problem with this one is that if you give a free haste, then you need Exhaustion. And if you give both of them Exhaustion, then the unhooked will be denied their preferred Exhaustion perk by a teammate. Another idea would be better.

    - Agitation: The perk is fine as it is.

    - Bitter Murmur: Eh, no. You kill other Survivors' stealth because another Survivor chose to pop a gen.

    - Coulrophobia: Leave it at only affect healing (with its current numbers) but apply a lingering effect like other AoE Survivor perks.

    - Remember Me: Simply revert the changes made to it during the EGC update and make the Obsession change automatically to the last Survivor alive.

    - Beast of Prey: I honestly think they should just make it hide the red stain as soon as chase starts, with no cd. Like M&A bit for red stain only.

    All others, I believe are fine.

  • @PigNRun said:

    - Calm Spirit: Way too much #########. Either give it the Killer's position notification or the grunts while doing actions. Both is too much.

    - Distortion is fine as it is.

    - I dont like this version of Second Wind. Maybe as a separate perk, but I like the current one more as a time saver, rather than an extra health state thats not very easy to pull off.

    - This Is Not Happening: Meh. Extra action speed? Does it really need that? Would that 2% make it worth it?

    - Urban Evasion: Same deal as Calm Spirit. Way too much together. But honestly, Urban Evasion is fine as it is. If you want to make blood invisible while crouching, then use any of the other perks that reduce that.

    - Flip Flop: No. 50% is fine.

    - Slippery Meat: Do we really need another old non-Obsession DS? No.

    - Technician: Remove the aura-reading immunity and its fine.

    - WGLF: The problem with this one is that if you give a free haste, then you need Exhaustion. And if you give both of them Exhaustion, then the unhooked will be denied their preferred Exhaustion perk by a teammate. Another idea would be better.

    - Agitation: The perk is fine as it is.

    - Bitter Murmur: Eh, no. You kill other Survivors' stealth because another Survivor chose to pop a gen.

    - Coulrophobia: Leave it at only affect healing (with its current numbers) but apply a lingering effect like other AoE Survivor perks.

    - Remember Me: Simply revert the changes made to it during the EGC update and make the Obsession change automatically to the last Survivor alive.

    - Beast of Prey: I honestly think they should just make it hide the red stain as soon as chase starts, with no cd. Like M&A bit for red stain only.

    All others, I believe are fine.

    Calm Spirit: I guess that’s fair.

    Distortion: Only three tokens per match? Really? There’s gotta be a way to earn more.

    Second Wind: That’s exactly the point of the perk, and it is still is a time saver.

    This Is Not Happening: With the upcoming repair changes, yes, it would definitely make a difference.

    Urban Evasion: This perk is supposed to better your stealth abilities. It can go without the invisible blood, but the vaulting and hiding speed should stay because it’s still helpful and makes room for mindgames.

    Flip-Flop: Have you ever even used this perk? Better yet, how often are you slugged long enough to even recover that much? The perk is supposed to punish slugging to an extent. Current Flip-Flop just doesn’t work.

    Slippery Meat: I was trying something different with this one, and I don’t think it would be that impactful unless testing says otherwise. With hook spawns becoming closer together due to the sabotage update, I doubt you’ll be hit with this “non-obsession DS” often without the help of teammates.

    Technician: Why?

    WGLF: You move slightly faster for 30 seconds. Why would that equal Exhaustion? Just look at Hope and Breakout. They do the same exact thing.


    Agitation: It’s supposed to make the hooking process quicker to save time. At least, that was the vision. It’s just an idea. I’d be fine keeping it the same.

    Bitter Murmur: Similar to Agitation.

    Coulrophobia: Why?

    Remember Me: That’s pretty much exactly what I did.

    Beast of Prey: It’s written weirdly but that’s pretty much what’s there. There’s a cooldown because I thought people could exploit it by breaking chase and going back to do it again. Then again, it’s hard to know without testing, so maybe.

  • @Trwth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234181#Comment_1234181

    Calm Spirit: I guess that’s fair.

    Distortion: Only three tokens per match? Really? There’s gotta be a way to earn more.

    Second Wind: That’s exactly the point of the perk, and it is still is a time saver.

    This Is Not Happening: With the upcoming repair changes, yes, it would definitely make a difference.

    Urban Evasion: This perk is supposed to better your stealth abilities. It can go without the invisible blood, but the vaulting and hiding speed should stay because it’s still helpful and makes room for mindgames.

    Flip-Flop: Have you ever even used this perk? Better yet, how often are you slugged long enough to even recover that much? The perk is supposed to punish slugging to an extent. Current Flip-Flop just doesn’t work.

    Slippery Meat: I was trying something different with this one, and I don’t think it would be that impactful unless testing says otherwise. With hook spawns becoming closer together due to the sabotage update, I doubt you’ll be hit with this “non-obsession DS” often without the help of teammates.

    Technician: Why?

    WGLF: You move slightly faster for 30 seconds. Why would that equal Exhaustion? Just look at Hope and Breakout. They do the same exact thing.

    Agitation: It’s supposed to make the hooking process quicker to save time. At least, that was the vision. It’s just an idea. I’d be fine keeping it the same.

    Bitter Murmur: Similar to Agitation.

    Coulrophobia: Why?

    Remember Me: That’s pretty much exactly what I did.

    Beast of Prey: It’s written weirdly but that’s pretty much what’s there. There’s a cooldown because I thought people could exploit it by breaking chase and going back to do it again. Then again, it’s hard to know without testing, so maybe.

    Can i ... butt in to this conversation?

    Second Wind: That’s exactly the point of the perk, and it is still is a time saver.

    Except now it becomes a mid chase ticking bomb. It's kinda hard to heal 2 health states i agree but that would make it really annoying to go against.

    Urban Evasion: This perk is supposed to better your stealth abilities. It can go without the invisible blood, but the vaulting and hiding speed should stay because it’s still helpful and makes room for mindgames.

    Quick & Quiet perhaps? You could easily put that in Q&Q. It would make sense name-wise AND be a nice addition!

    Technician: Why?

    Because it just makes bbq useless. If it became meta then there would be more Thrilling Tremors in place of it. (or with it because #bloodpoints)

    WGLF: You move slightly faster for 30 seconds. Why would that equal Exhaustion? Just look at Hope and Breakout. They do the same exact thing.

    7% isn't slightly. You basically double your looping potential for 30 seconds. Which would promote unhooking in front of the killer more (in distance that they won't hit you right away)

    Coulrophobia: Why?

    My "no" towards this is, huge tr doc would be even more obnoxious to play against.

  • @Trwth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234181#Comment_1234181

    Calm Spirit: I guess that’s fair.

    Distortion: Only three tokens per match? Really? There’s gotta be a way to earn more.

    Second Wind: That’s exactly the point of the perk, and it is still is a time saver.

    This Is Not Happening: With the upcoming repair changes, yes, it would definitely make a difference.

    Urban Evasion: This perk is supposed to better your stealth abilities. It can go without the invisible blood, but the vaulting and hiding speed should stay because it’s still helpful and makes room for mindgames.

    Flip-Flop: Have you ever even used this perk? Better yet, how often are you slugged long enough to even recover that much? The perk is supposed to punish slugging to an extent. Current Flip-Flop just doesn’t work.

    Slippery Meat: I was trying something different with this one, and I don’t think it would be that impactful unless testing says otherwise. With hook spawns becoming closer together due to the sabotage update, I doubt you’ll be hit with this “non-obsession DS” often without the help of teammates.

    Technician: Why?

    WGLF: You move slightly faster for 30 seconds. Why would that equal Exhaustion? Just look at Hope and Breakout. They do the same exact thing.

    Agitation: It’s supposed to make the hooking process quicker to save time. At least, that was the vision. It’s just an idea. I’d be fine keeping it the same.

    Bitter Murmur: Similar to Agitation.

    Coulrophobia: Why?

    Remember Me: That’s pretty much exactly what I did.

    Beast of Prey: It’s written weirdly but that’s pretty much what’s there. There’s a cooldown because I thought people could exploit it by breaking chase and going back to do it again. Then again, it’s hard to know without testing, so maybe.

    • Second Wind: First off, you need to heal two health states. Thats even more situational than the current one (it makes sense why, but making a situational perk even more situational is eh...). Second, you start healing when you are injured. Basically, you arent saving time, you are just extending the chase (unless you stepped on a trap) by healing passively after getting hit once during said chase. The extra healing speed is nice, but why get healed by someone else if you are passively healing? Dont get me wrong, its a valid perk idea (other than a few points). But Second Wind doesnt need this because I personally like using it more like it is now.
    • Flip Flop: I have used it and went against it. 50% is enough. But the Survivor can easily crawl to places which really makes a difference. See certain Badham buildings, Haddonfield in general, Lery's after it got stupidly reworked. By itself, its situational. But combo it with a few other perks and certain maps and you make it too reliable for its effect.
    • Slippery Meat: The worst part of old DS wasnt the Obsession having DS, it was a non-Obsession having DS, because it wasted a lot more of the Killer's time than the DS of the Obsession (pick-up time + carry time). 70% despite "hooks being too close hur hur" still happens, especially on some maps, the same way that you sometimes could counter old non-Obsession DS and sometimes could not. Just because you make an unfun and awfully designed perk trigger less often, doesnt mean that its suddenly balanced.
    • Technician: Simple. For aura immunity, on top of the generator bonus, its too much for a single perk. Give that effect to something else and Id agree.
    • WGLF: My bad. Read the values wrong while scrolling up and down so much. Its fine, I guess.
    • Bitter Murmur: The problem is that it punishes a certain Survivor for another Survivor doing something they couldnt have predicted. For instance, imagine if someone is hiding near the Killer and a gen goes off in the distance? The guy hiding gets screwed over by teammates. Its fine if you get screwed over by teammates out of their own behaviour, but a perk that does that... Not so sure.
    • Coulrophobia: While niche, it still has its place on anti-healing builds. If you decrease the values this much (which is understandable), you make it less effective on its original purpose, where it already has a place.
  • I enjoy these kinds of threads so I will give you my opinion on some of the ideas.

    • Buckle Up: It would still be useless, but a little better.
    • Camaraderie: Pausing the hook timer is useless. You could make this perk pause the hook timer for 10 minutes and it would still be garbage. This perk needs reworked entirely instead.
    • Deja Vu: Cool idea, but those numbers need to be reduced. Then it could be a decent perk.
    • Distortion: This perk is fine as is and all it needs is more tokens base. Having free aura immunity 24/7 would be kinda insane.
    • No Mither: This perk would be absolutely busted. I would make some requirement to be met before you can pick yourself up like a protection hit or a safe unhook.
    • No One Left Behind: This is how the perk should actually work. I'm surprised it doesn't work like this yet.
    • Second Wind: This would also be completely busted. It would be similar old MoM but with the requirement of healing 2 times, but im sure you already know this as others have pointed it out.
    • Sole Survivor: Yes.
    • This Is Not Happening: You have to be careful when making a perk that could finish generators faster, and it's best to just not mess with those sort of things. I'd like to see this perk completely remove Good Skill Check zones and massively increase Great Skill Check zones while injured along with a bp bonus for hitting great skill checks.
    • Babysitter: I like this. In addition to these changes, I would like to see Babysitter mute grunts of pain from the unhooked Survivor.
    • Lightweight: This perk is actually really good and is extremely underrated, but a small buff wouldn't hurt. I like this.
    • Technician: I like where you went with this one, but the aura immunity feels kinda cheap. Something else would be nice.
    • Wake Up!: This is fine. I don't see a problem with this.
    • We're Gonna Live Forever: I like this idea, but you shouldn't benefit from the Haste status effect alongside the unhooked person. The Killer needs somebody to go for, and this would be like old BT but to an extremely minor degree. Still would be annoying though.
    • Cruel Limits: Very cool idea. Those numbers still need to be increased though. Something like 20/22/24 would be nice.
    • Dead Mans Switch: This is good. I don't see a problem with this.
    • Monstrous Shrine: Really boring imo. I'd like to see Monstrous Shrine do something else.
    • Tinkerer: I like this.
    • Beast of Prey: Free instant BL 1 is too strong even with a cd. I'd like to see Beast of Prey (and Furtive Chase) do something to the chase music instead.
  • @Milo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234223#Comment_1234223

    Can i ... butt in to this conversation?

    Second Wind: That’s exactly the point of the perk, and it is still is a time saver.

    Except now it becomes a mid chase ticking bomb. It's kinda hard to heal 2 health states i agree but that would make it really annoying to go against.

    Urban Evasion: This perk is supposed to better your stealth abilities. It can go without the invisible blood, but the vaulting and hiding speed should stay because it’s still helpful and makes room for mindgames.

    Quick & Quiet perhaps? You could easily put that in Q&Q. It would make sense name-wise AND be a nice addition!

    Technician: Why?

    Because it just makes bbq useless. If it became meta then there would be more Thrilling Tremors in place of it. (or with it because #bloodpoints)

    WGLF: You move slightly faster for 30 seconds. Why would that equal Exhaustion? Just look at Hope and Breakout. They do the same exact thing.

    7% isn't slightly. You basically double your looping potential for 30 seconds. Which would promote unhooking in front of the killer more (in distance that they won't hit you right away)

    Coulrophobia: Why?

    My "no" towards this is, huge tr doc would be even more obnoxious to play against.

    Sure thing. Sorry for the late response.

    Second Wind, I completely understand. When I was writing it, I considered giving it the “not in chase” condition because of that exact reason, but I thought it would be kinda useless that way. Would you agree? Or is current Second Wind still a little better?

    Urban Evasion: Well yeah, but with Q&Q you might as well do a medium-vault since it’s completely silent. With this Urban Evasion, there’s no cooldown because these are slow vaults, which is more reliable for the kinda mindgames/jukes I’m thinking about at least.

    Technician: I highly doubt it’ll become meta, even with my change. From how it appears currently, Technician is a pretty much a stealth perk, so I gave it stealth capabilities while retaining its reliability for newer players having trouble with skill checks, while the higher rank players won’t find it as appealing since the aura disruption is really the only upside they’d be after. But they could just use Distortion in that case.

    WGLF: I know what you’re saying, but with the existence of perks such as BT and DS, you can’t stop people from unhooking like that. Even still, 30 seconds isn’t that long. But if it’s really that problematic, I have an alternative version where in those 30 seconds, the two affected Survivors need to stay within 8 meters of each other in order for the effect to stay active. This way, the unhooked can effectively bodyblock if need be and/or find a place to stop and heal easier. I thought this would be too complicated though, but I’ll gladly make the change.

    Coulrophobia: That’s just one Killer, and I hardly ever see Doctors as much given the rise in diversity of viable Killers nowadays, much less Docs with huge TRs.

  • @PigNRun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234223#Comment_1234223

    • Second Wind: First off, you need to heal two health states. Thats even more situational than the current one (it makes sense why, but making a situational perk even more situational is eh...). Second, you start healing when you are injured. Basically, you arent saving time, you are just extending the chase (unless you stepped on a trap) by healing passively after getting hit once during said chase. The extra healing speed is nice, but why get healed by someone else if you are passively healing? Dont get me wrong, its a valid perk idea (other than a few points). But Second Wind doesnt need this because I personally like using it more like it is now.
    • Flip Flop: I have used it and went against it. 50% is enough. But the Survivor can easily crawl to places which really makes a difference. See certain Badham buildings, Haddonfield in general, Lery's after it got stupidly reworked. By itself, its situational. But combo it with a few other perks and certain maps and you make it too reliable for its effect.
    • Slippery Meat: The worst part of old DS wasnt the Obsession having DS, it was a non-Obsession having DS, because it wasted a lot more of the Killer's time than the DS of the Obsession (pick-up time + carry time). 70% despite "hooks being too close hur hur" still happens, especially on some maps, the same way that you sometimes could counter old non-Obsession DS and sometimes could not. Just because you make an unfun and awfully designed perk trigger less often, doesnt mean that its suddenly balanced.
    • Technician: Simple. For aura immunity, on top of the generator bonus, its too much for a single perk. Give that effect to something else and Id agree.
    • WGLF: My bad. Read the values wrong while scrolling up and down so much. Its fine, I guess.
    • Bitter Murmur: The problem is that it punishes a certain Survivor for another Survivor doing something they couldnt have predicted. For instance, imagine if someone is hiding near the Killer and a gen goes off in the distance? The guy hiding gets screwed over by teammates. Its fine if you get screwed over by teammates out of their own behaviour, but a perk that does that... Not so sure.
    • Coulrophobia: While niche, it still has its place on anti-healing builds. If you decrease the values this much (which is understandable), you make it less effective on its original purpose, where it already has a place.

    Second Wind: I get what you mean now. Worth a try.

    Flip-Flop: That’s a valid reasoning, but I still think the conversion should be consistent. In the current version, you have to recover all the way to get a measly 48% wiggle meter at tier 3. In that case, you might as well use Unbreakable. However, we don’t want this perk on the same level as Unbreakable, similar to Boil Over. I could lower my maximum values back down to 40%/45%/50%, but remove the first part where only half of your recovery is converted just so it feels more consistent.

    Slippery Meat: Kinda saw this coming. I’m all for removing this since I was really just experimenting with a wild idea. But in this version of Slippery Meat, I feel that there should be some way to help you wiggle out without guaranteeing escape the same way Boil Over does without downright copying the perk. How else could you make you use of that second effect?

    Technician: I wanted to give this perk something other than the skill check bonus and sound reduction, because those two alone just doesn’t feel enough to be worth running the perk. At least with aura immunity, you get some stealth potential since, how often does a Killer not check a generator that isn’t regressing? Sound wouldn’t matter that much unless they’re already occupied. Besides, you’re not gonna be on a gen all the time.

    Bitter Murmur: You know what’s funny? I literally just remembered that Rancor exists. How silly of me.

    Coulrophobia: I’m in the middle. On one side, I want to change it but on the other I don’t mind it at all. I’m gonna keep mine up just for concept, but you have my stance.

  • @BattleCast said:

    I enjoy these kinds of threads so I will give you my opinion on some of the ideas.

    • Buckle Up: It would still be useless, but a little better.
    • Camaraderie: Pausing the hook timer is useless. You could make this perk pause the hook timer for 10 minutes and it would still be garbage. This perk needs reworked entirely instead.
    • Deja Vu: Cool idea, but those numbers need to be reduced. Then it could be a decent perk.
    • Distortion: This perk is fine as is and all it needs is more tokens base. Having free aura immunity 24/7 would be kinda insane.
    • No Mither: This perk would be absolutely busted. I would make some requirement to be met before you can pick yourself up like a protection hit or a safe unhook.
    • No One Left Behind: This is how the perk should actually work. I'm surprised it doesn't work like this yet.
    • Second Wind: This would also be completely busted. It would be similar old MoM but with the requirement of healing 2 times, but im sure you already know this as others have pointed it out.
    • Sole Survivor: Yes.
    • This Is Not Happening: You have to be careful when making a perk that could finish generators faster, and it's best to just not mess with those sort of things. I'd like to see this perk completely remove Good Skill Check zones and massively increase Great Skill Check zones while injured along with a bp bonus for hitting great skill checks.
    • Babysitter: I like this. In addition to these changes, I would like to see Babysitter mute grunts of pain from the unhooked Survivor.
    • Lightweight: This perk is actually really good and is extremely underrated, but a small buff wouldn't hurt. I like this.
    • Technician: I like where you went with this one, but the aura immunity feels kinda cheap. Something else would be nice.
    • Wake Up!: This is fine. I don't see a problem with this.
    • We're Gonna Live Forever: I like this idea, but you shouldn't benefit from the Haste status effect alongside the unhooked person. The Killer needs somebody to go for, and this would be like old BT but to an extremely minor degree. Still would be annoying though.
    • Cruel Limits: Very cool idea. Those numbers still need to be increased though. Something like 20/22/24 would be nice.
    • Dead Mans Switch: This is good. I don't see a problem with this.
    • Monstrous Shrine: Really boring imo. I'd like to see Monstrous Shrine do something else.
    • Tinkerer: I like this.
    • Beast of Prey: Free instant BL 1 is too strong even with a cd. I'd like to see Beast of Prey (and Furtive Chase) do something to the chase music instead.

    Camaraderie: You’d be surprised. I’ve actually experimented with this perk a little bit and found that it works best in SWF only because using the perk requires information. If they make Camaraderie a two-way perk and give the Survivors affected notifications, then it could work quite well for aggressive Survivors who tend to stay too close to the hook with the Killer on their tail.

    Distortion: I think you’re exaggerating the strength of this perk, even with the change I proposed. You have three tokens base, and have to be proactive if you want more. It’s not free aura immunity. It’s giving you your money’s worth.

    No Mither: I disagree that it would be strong, but I have no idea how good it’ll be. You can pick yourself up as many times as you want, something Unbreakable can’t even do, but it comes with drawbacks. It takes way longer to fully recover, for one, and if you do pick yourself up, you’re Broken for a minute and a half. If somebody else picks you up, you’re Broken. A lot of the times, you’re not even going to be slugged in a game.

    Second Wind: I edited it to something a little different. If it doesn’t work, that’s fine. It was worth a try.

    WGLF: Edited to be more team-oriented than another version of BT.

    Dead Man’s Switch: I love the concept of this perk, but the devs made it so that you get barely any value from it. I feel like in this version, in the right hands, this perk could be a monster when paired with Ruin, which is exactly what I wanna get out of it.

    Monstrous Shrine: Just trying something different. Something not gimmicky that any Killer can use and get value from. I didn’t want to associate it with the basement because I didn’t want to encourage basement camping. There’s probably a correct way to do it though.