Steam Forum Discussion Ban = Can no longer upload DBD screenshots.

Due to a recent change in steam this stands to be case now. I was banned from discussions about 6 months ago and was never unbanned basically for arguing with somebody and name calling him. I appealed the ban but I was ignored and it just stands as a perm ban now and well....it is what it is shrugs anyway it wasn't such a big deal I thought oh well I barely use that forum anyway ce la ve but then...Now I am not allowed to upload DBD screenshots because of said discussion ban. Just thought I'd throw that one out there for discussion. I quite enjoyed uploading DBD screenshots on occasion but it seems the trigger happy mods on that forum have gotten one extra jab in on me a good 6 months after the fact.

Comments

  • I'm sure it's the mods' fault that you got banned.

  • Getting banned from the Steam forums means you can't upload screenshots.... really?

    Hmmm.

  • @Orion said:
    I'm sure it's the mods' fault that you got banned.

    No it's my fault, a perm ban however was definitely way over the top for what actually transpired. Anyway that was six months ago I just wanted to let people know that if you were indeed banned from steam discussion you won't be able to upload DBD screenshots anymore.

  • @ChraizE said:

    @Orion said:
    I'm sure it's the mods' fault that you got banned.

    No it's my fault, a perm ban however was definitely way over the top for what actually transpired. Anyway that was six months ago I just wanted to let people know that if you were indeed banned from steam discussion you won't be able to upload DBD screenshots anymore.

    I remember seeing your other thread if it was you and I think one way to still upload to Steam if that's your intention.

    The best solution is post to an external site say Twitter or Imgur or something like that and post a link with a description.

    There's a few other ways to do it but i'm not going to give out exploit workaround advice. My only advice is to obey their rules and prove to be a good poster there and then ask for reinstatement.

  • steam forums= cancer. just dont go there.

  • @MrChills said:
    steam forums= cancer. just dont go there.

    Yeah I haven't been there since I got the ban 6 months back lol I tried to come back and apologized, asked to have the ban lifted and they just flat out ignored me. You're right it is cancer and those mods developed a bit of a rep for banning people at the drop of a hat (bit ridiculous tbh). These forums aren't anything like that (thank god) it's just frustrating that I can't upload my dbd screenshots to my profile because of that ban. Kind of annoying.