zero catchup mechanics for new players

it takes about 100 hrs give or take to be able to a new character. game has been out for 4 yrs and as a new pc player im already discouraged from playing cause i have almost nothing and been able to buy one guy since ive started playing and its just not ######### fun for me.

and noticed theres zero catchup for new players. like why not make old surv and killers cheaper as time goes on. or maybe less popular ones so you see them more often OR SOMETHING IDK JEEZ THIS GRIND SUCKS ASS

Comments

  • This is something that absolutely needs to be addressed. This grind is bad by MMO standards, let alone casual pvp game standards. It's pointless in this type of game to have to unlock the same perk across multiple characters.

  • As of 200 something hours, I have half the cast of survivors ranked up, and no killers reasonably leveled. My reasoning for this is I bought the game to play with someone, so I'm going to work on the aspect of the game I can play with someone first. On the bright side, it has encouraged me to play around with a lot of random builds, so I've learned a lot about the survivor's side & how to utilize perks I'd never have touched. On the downside, I've had to learn about killers, their abilities, and their general game play outside of the game. As a lot of people will tell you, playing both is how you become good at either side. I just can't do that in a way that is at all fun, so Youtube / Twitch it had to be for now.

    Of the many threads I've read now in regards to this, my favorite idea is just removing tiers from perks. It would save a ton of blood points in both normal leveling & encouraging people to prestige, while still not being so fast you'd skip over trying out a lot of builds.

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    As of 200 something hours, I have half the cast of survivors ranked up, and no killers reasonably leveled. My reasoning for this is I bought the game to play with someone, so I'm going to work on the aspect of the game I can play with someone first. On the bright side, it has encouraged me to play around with a lot of random builds, so I've learned a lot about the survivor's side & how to utilize perks I'd never have touched. On the downside, I've had to learn about killers, their abilities, and their general game play outside of the game. As a lot of people will tell you, playing both is how you become good at either side. I just can't do that in a way that is at all fun, so Youtube / Twitch it had to be for now.

    Of the many threads I've read now in regards to this, my favorite idea is just removing tiers from perks. It would save a ton of blood points in both normal leveling & encouraging people to prestige, while still not being so fast you'd skip over trying out a lot of builds.

    i wasnt even talking about bps man. thats another grind for another day. im talking about shards

    if youre using lvl 50-100 standards it takes 210 ten minute games to be able to lvl up enough to get 9k shards to buy a new character. (you get xp while in game up to ten mins in the game or 600 xp)

    over 200 ten minute games. let that sink in.

    thats not counting the time you sat in que, the loading time. games that lasted longer than 10mins and now just wasting xp time, games that lasted under 10mins and now you gotta go and sit back in que/loading or someone dcing in loading.


    but to talk about your point, yeah i read somewhere it takes like 130 something give or take bloodwebs to get all the perks on a character if you have all teachables. which is goofy since you lost everything on prestige and 50 is the max lvl. an idea i saw i liked was that it removes a tier needed if you do prestige. so a max prestige character would get all the perks maxed out when doing bloodweb while someone who has no prestige would have to lvl up the perk by tiers.

    idk i just think something needs to be done about the grind. the shards, the bps, the cost of old and new killers, the bloodweb increasing with each new release.

    even wow made heirlooms to help ppl lvl up on their alts after it was out for 4 yrs, r6 has older year ops get cheaper with each year. league has older champions costing less essence. every other game out there it seems has some sort of catchup mechanic