Edit: Doesn’t Dead by Daylight break the 18+ survivor rule?
I know Dead by Daylight has a rule of having a survivor to be 18+ years old to be in the game but the other day I was watching Halloween: H20 (The third movie following the events of the original) and Laurie confirms that she was 17 years old the night of the boogeyman’s attack (so not 18=breaking the 18+ rule). So if we were to ever get a pennywise chapter, will they allow the kids to be survivors? or an original chapter to have smaller people.? I think this was the reason they didn’t have any of the kids from The Stranger Things series but who knows (aren’t the kids from stranger thing technically teens in the show on season 3). I just think it will be fun to be a short survivor.
Edit: So maybe this question got a bit out of hand and I want to rephrase my Question. Why does Dead by daylight break the rule of 18+ survivors.
Laurie 17, Quentin 17, Nancy 16, Steve 17
Comments
well covered there @MegaWaffle nobody noticed anything :I
I agree. This is suppose to be a horror game but they make it out to be a kid friendly game.
Kids being the victims of whatever abuses is all the more horrifying.
Or they could not!
Those aren't considered babies, same with silent hill, and other movies which feature demonic/zombie/monster babies. They aren't considered human, or alive, and they get portrayed in such a way that wouldn't lead the audience into assuming they were actual babies.
IE: giving demon babies the ability to sprint across a dark room, or having them be missing an eye but the other one is red and demonic, or having them fall into pieces like doll toys, or having them reach out of walls like monsters to grab the player.
As long as they're portrayed in a way that doesn't trigger a legal investigation and as long as you keep said children/kids looking or operating in a way thats supernatural or inhuman, you have leeway to put them into horror scenes.
But IF YOU DARE EVER....EEEEEVER!!! Have Michael Myers stab a child, and or baby, you can kiss your project goodbye. Cause the license holder and some government entity is gonna wake up and unleash holy hell.