Matchmaking is Awful

What is the point of ranks if it’s completely ignored when matchmaking? I’m trying to get back into this game and when I last played I was a rank 1 killer. Now I’m making my way up from rank 20. At rank 12 every single game I play is against no worse than rank 5. It doesn’t affect me because I’m good enough to beat them, but how is it even remotely fair or logical to throw a green rank player in with rank 1’s every single game. It’s very possible that since you’ve nerfed killers to the point that almost every one is a potato, that there are almost no killers playing because they are tired of being bullied because you refuse to balance your game. It’s remarkable how much worse this game is since I left 6 months ago. It’s a joke.

Comments

  • This has been discussed to the point of.... well we won't go into that.

    They're working on it.

  • @xTalon32 said:

    This has been discussed to the point of.... well we won't go into that.

    They're working on it.

    The main issue is that throughout 2019, this matchmaking problem happened several different times. Then it came back again November 2019, and by December 2019 I threw in the towel and left.

    Come back now in April 2020, and the precise issue that was here in December 2019 is here again.

    Exactly how long do they need to work on it? Never mind actually get it right? And folks have faith in them being able to implement a Hidden MMR system? I sure don't, not effectively anyway. Only then, they can claim "working as intended" without too many people able to prove them wrong.

    BHVR have proven themselves to be incapable of handling a matchmaking system.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226679#Comment_1226679

    Won't ever be good due to the shortage of killers, unfortunately.

    The only way to fix Matchmaking is not to change matchmaking, but make people want to play killer again.

    Unfortunately, while I do believe the map reworks will help, killer needs a lot more than that. The fact that I can down survivors and they always have a perk to bail them out while I have to sweat my ass off and one mistake can make me lose the game is so frustrating and stressful that I've just gotten to the point where I just refuse to play killer at all because it's simply not fun.

    I know I'm not the only one who feels that way.

    I agree with you, all the second chance perks that survivors have is crazy. I’m not saying they need to be nerfed or removed but they need to make it fun to play killer instead of just getting bullied and trash talked each game.

  • It actually changes depending on the time. At Eastern Daylight Time I see more of those issues during the day, specially during the afternoon. Late night, the quality of the killers skyrocket along with their ranks. I can only speculate what happens, but I think the ratio of survivors to killers goes up by a lot during daytime. I might not be really a matchmaking problem, rather a killer shortage as mentioned.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226679#Comment_1226679

    Won't ever be good due to the shortage of killers, unfortunately.

    The only way to fix Matchmaking is not to change matchmaking, but make people want to play killer again.

    Unfortunately, while I do believe the map reworks will help, killer needs a lot more than that. The fact that I can down survivors and they always have a perk to bail them out while I have to sweat my ass off and one mistake can make me lose the game is so frustrating and stressful that I've just gotten to the point where I just refuse to play killer at all because it's simply not fun.

    I know I'm not the only one who feels that way.

    I don't disagree. I came back specifically to play Killer. Know what I did after two days? I downloaded DbD Mobile, instead. Yeah, the controls for Killer suck, but right now I am playing that and Overwatch, instead.