Add-on Exchange/Refine System

So I know for a fact a ######### ton of players both survivors and killers have tens if not hundreds of common/uncommon add-ons lying around in their inventories, so here's a nice idea to put them to good use.

I've seen a thread which suggests "re-selling" those add-ons to the entity for a percentage decrease, but then again, many can use this to level up their characters rapidly mainly for their teachable perks and so, so it's understandable why BHVR wouldn't wanna implement that.

But what about a "refining system", for example, on killer's side, you're a hillbilly main, and you have around 206 chainsaw files just sitting there, why not make it so you can trade in 5 common chainsaw files for 1 uncommon homemade muffler, or 4 uncommon death engravings for 1 rare doom engravings, you get the point. Maybe even with Items too, 3 camping aid kits for 1 first aid kit.

1-It would help a lot of the veteran players with tons of the less rarity add-ons just start playing some characters they just bought for their teachable perks and wanted to level up as soon as possible by buying the cheapest things on the blood web (Not denying it's not their fault in a way, but some variety is always nice)

2- It would GREATLY help out the killers and survivors in the red ranks, since a bunch of killers are add-on dependent (The wraith, The Doctor, even the pig at some degree) because once you get there a common/uncommon add-on can most of the time not be of significant use (and yes, I know there are still some decent uncommon add-ons)

3- The Idea can also be implemented for offerings if it works out well (Moris excluded obviously), and the devs can also set as they please the amount of "Ingredients" needed for each add-on depending on the meta add-on builds or what generally seems powerful over all.

Tell me what you think of it below or if there's any downside to this I might have overlooked

Comments

  • Honestly I would take it just for the free bloodpoint, there are some survivors who I've ranked up who I will never play as (such as Adam) and he is sitting on a lot of items and add-ons that makes me wish I could sell them.

  • That ^ and also a lot of survivors have grown tired of seeing the same nurse/hillbilly mains so hopefully this should encourage most players to give other killers a try with a nice high rarity addon combo, because it's mostly players tend to avoid certain killers is because they had a bad game with him/her a few months back or they didn't see the killer in the highest 3 categories of some meta tier list on reddit.

  • I personally think the simplest solution for dealing with junk items is selling them for BP at 10% of their actual value, and Prestiging autosells all your items/addons/offerings/perks on the respective Character.