Make Your Choice, Questionable Buff

I really like how MYC is right now.

But i do wonder how people would feel about this change...

What if MYC doesn't have to wait 40/50/60 seconds anymore?

What i mean is that MYC currently can't apply Exposed to another Survivor if someone was unhooked less than 40/50/60 seconds ago, but with this change it could.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • To me a great change would be this:


    When a Survivor rescues another Survivor from a Hook that is at least 32 meters away from you, Make Your Choice triggers and applies the exposed status effect on the rescuer for 40/50/60 seconds

    Make Your Choice has a cool-down of 40/50/60 seconds.

    Downing the rescuer reduces the Cooldown by 10/20/30 seconds.

  • I use it often on the Wraith, and I think that would be a huge buff. With that change its snowballing potential, which is already pretty high especially on stealth killers, would increase even more.

  • Wait, is that really true that if one person is still Exposed, the next person to make a hook rescue won't be?

    Suddenly a lot of my Pig games make so much more sense. I always just assumed that I must have mistaken who the rescuer was when they didn't go down in one hit.

  • @Fibijean said:

    Wait, is that really true that if one person is still Exposed, the next person to make a hook rescue won't be?

    Suddenly a lot of my Pig games make so much more sense. I always just assumed that I must have mistaken who the rescuer was when they didn't go down in one hit.

    Yup, once it's made someone Exposed, you can't get another one until that one wears off.

    You either go for mr. Exposed, or you don't go for any Exposed at all.

    The visual timer on the Perk icon is a pretty good indicator of this: While Pop Goes The Weasel's timer resets if you get another hook within 60 seconds, MYC's timer will never reset.

    If it would apply Exposed on multiple Survivors in a 60-second timeframe, i'd wager the timer would work similar to PGTW's timer.

  • This would be a welcome change. However, the duration might need a small nerf to coincide.

  • I think MYC having no cooldown anymore would be okay. The current state of it results in one of those sticky situations no-one likes where the Rank 1 version of a perk can sometimes be better than the higher levelled version, and I think making that change wouldn't so much be a buff to MYC as it would be patching a hole in its activation conditions IMO.


    If BHVR were really worried and didn't want MYC to potentially become dominant they could always put in the stipulation "Make Your Choice can only affect one Survivor at a time", so with this hypothetical change new unhooks would switch the Exposed status to the most recent rescuer and reset the Exposed timer, to prevent MYC users from getting chain downs in certain niche scenarios.


    Either way I don't think MYC would be too out of control and would still be a relatively balanced perk, it'd just be a nice QoL change I'm all for.

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1225332#Comment_1225332

    Yup, once it's made someone Exposed, you can't get another one until that one wears off.

    You either go for mr. Exposed, or you don't go for any Exposed at all.

    The visual timer on the Perk icon is a pretty good indicator of this: While Pop Goes The Weasel's timer resets if you get another hook within 60 seconds, MYC's timer will never reset.

    If it would apply Exposed on multiple Survivors in a 60-second timeframe, i'd wager the timer would work similar to PGTW's timer.

    Wow, there you go. Today I Learned.