You unfortunately can't do anything about this until the match-making is fixed. There was a post about a match-making update, but I haven't seen anything about it since that update. Regardless of when the update was posted, we're still going to get it when the devs get to it.
At the moment right now though, this is something that happens from time to time. It's not as common as some make it out to be, but it still can happen from time to time. If you'd like to look at the update about the match-making changes, than I'll link it below for you.
My advice is to play around your peak times, if you're able to figure that out. Because a lot of people are not working right now, that could be different from the normal times they peak. If you play around peak times, than you should be able to get paired with your rank a lot more... or so the theory goes.
It's worse when the game puts you up against red ranks 4 man party and you get absolutely slaughtered. I've never seen such an unbalanced matchmaking in any game I've ever played until I had a go of this myself. I think they're trying to sort some stuff out, but until the devs realise it's time to nerf survive with friends lobbies. Games are going to be unfair.
Yessir, get comfy. This IS happening alot, and it IS very common. There was a thread filled with other screenshots like this, but like they said until its fixed people have to suffer /:
I play around my peak times during the day around 2pm mountain time and consistently come up against people are a lot higher rank
Than if that's the case, there isn't much else I can suggest that I haven't already suggested. It could just be because there isn't many players at your rank for Yellow and Grey.
It will get fixed eventually, but as of right now it's still a looming issue.
Than if that's the case, there isn't much else I can suggest that I haven't already suggested. It could just be because there isn't many players at your rank for Yellow and Grey.
It will get fixed eventually, but as of right now it's still a looming issue.
All my friends and I just started playing a few months ago and were all around green rank now and we either only play against rank 20 killers or rank 5 no in-between
All my friends and I just started playing a few months ago and were all around green rank now and we either only play against rank 20 killers or rank 5 no in-between
That's unfortunate, every rank is feeling the weight of this issue, especially Red Ranks believe it or not. It's nothing to brag about, but facing Survivors or Killers that far below your rank is not really fun to most people in that rank. The same can be said for the other side but worse, it's really de-motivating to face a higher ranked Survivor team or Killer that's far above your current skill cap.
My best advice is to try and not let it get to you, it's not as common as some make it out to be and it usually comes in waves. Sometimes it happens more than before, sometimes it doesn't happen at all. All I know is that the issue is definitely being looked into, but we have to be patient.
Yessir, Im a rank 2 killer getting matched with Yellow ranks. I usually message them all saying they did good against me, and a gg so they dont feel like the game is against them
Yessir, Im a rank 2 killer getting matched with Yellow ranks. I usually message them all saying they did good against me, and a gg so they dont feel like the game is against them
That's good, it's usually de-motivating to the newer players if they face someone above their skill-cap. But telling them that might re-assure them that things will get better.
We just need to be patient for that update. When it comes, everything will be more skill-based.
That's good, it's usually de-motivating to the newer players if they face someone above their skill-cap. But telling them that might re-assure them that things will get better.
We just need to be patient for that update. When it comes, everything will be more skill-based.
I was in the same boat as them, but it still shows them how surviving will be when they reach those ranks. At least now they can be a little better prepared for it
I was in the same boat as them, but it still shows them how surviving will be when they reach those ranks. At least now they can be a little better prepared for it
I suppose, but the real issue stems from if they WANT to even bother after that. It's good to get a dose of it to see what it's like, but having it happen more than once can de-motivate some players.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
@xxCas
You unfortunately can't do anything about this until the match-making is fixed. There was a post about a match-making update, but I haven't seen anything about it since that update. Regardless of when the update was posted, we're still going to get it when the devs get to it.
At the moment right now though, this is something that happens from time to time. It's not as common as some make it out to be, but it still can happen from time to time. If you'd like to look at the update about the match-making changes, than I'll link it below for you.
My advice is to play around your peak times, if you're able to figure that out. Because a lot of people are not working right now, that could be different from the normal times they peak. If you play around peak times, than you should be able to get paired with your rank a lot more... or so the theory goes.
Here's the link to the match-making changes post
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/124795/status-update-matchmaking-changes#latest
I play around my peak times during the day around 2pm mountain time and consistently come up against people are a lot higher rank
It's worse when the game puts you up against red ranks 4 man party and you get absolutely slaughtered. I've never seen such an unbalanced matchmaking in any game I've ever played until I had a go of this myself. I think they're trying to sort some stuff out, but until the devs realise it's time to nerf survive with friends lobbies. Games are going to be unfair.
Yessir, get comfy. This IS happening alot, and it IS very common. There was a thread filled with other screenshots like this, but like they said until its fixed people have to suffer /:
Than if that's the case, there isn't much else I can suggest that I haven't already suggested. It could just be because there isn't many players at your rank for Yellow and Grey.
It will get fixed eventually, but as of right now it's still a looming issue.
All my friends and I just started playing a few months ago and were all around green rank now and we either only play against rank 20 killers or rank 5 no in-between
That's unfortunate, every rank is feeling the weight of this issue, especially Red Ranks believe it or not. It's nothing to brag about, but facing Survivors or Killers that far below your rank is not really fun to most people in that rank. The same can be said for the other side but worse, it's really de-motivating to face a higher ranked Survivor team or Killer that's far above your current skill cap.
My best advice is to try and not let it get to you, it's not as common as some make it out to be and it usually comes in waves. Sometimes it happens more than before, sometimes it doesn't happen at all. All I know is that the issue is definitely being looked into, but we have to be patient.
Yessir, Im a rank 2 killer getting matched with Yellow ranks. I usually message them all saying they did good against me, and a gg so they dont feel like the game is against them
That's good, it's usually de-motivating to the newer players if they face someone above their skill-cap. But telling them that might re-assure them that things will get better.
We just need to be patient for that update. When it comes, everything will be more skill-based.
I was in the same boat as them, but it still shows them how surviving will be when they reach those ranks. At least now they can be a little better prepared for it
I suppose, but the real issue stems from if they WANT to even bother after that. It's good to get a dose of it to see what it's like, but having it happen more than once can de-motivate some players.