Vaulting window needs more flow

omg, everytime I vault a window the killer can still hit me 3 meters away from it. I noticed after vaulting a window there is a short duration, where the survivor stops. please make it, that after vaulting a window you immediately run again with running speed without stopping for a second. this could solve the hitbox problem after vaulting a window.

Comments

  • @senki527 said:

    omg, everytime I vault a window the killer can still hit me 3 meters away from it. I noticed after vaulting a window there is a short duration, where the survivor stops. please make it, that after vaulting a window you immediately run again with running speed without stopping for a second. this could solve the hitbox problem after vaulting a window.

    You used to be able to fast vault every window no matter what. They decided at some point that this was not good for gameplay. I agree sometimes you get hit while going through a window and it feels bad. But overall it's a good thing for the game. If you get hit through a window it's because you were too late to the window and the killer gets his hit.

  • I think this is actually getting improved with the upcoming patch. Not 100% sure though, but i believe vaults were better in the ptb.

  • It's because of latency, on your screen you finised the vault animation, but maybe on the killer's screen you are in the middle of it, this is why we are getting hits through windows.

    And yeah, vaulting feels choppy, they should make them more fluid

  • @ad19970 said:

    I think this is actually getting improved with the upcoming patch. Not 100% sure though, but i believe vaults were better in the ptb.

    they were 100% better,they were amazing

  • @ad19970 said:

    I think this is actually getting improved with the upcoming patch. Not 100% sure though, but i believe vaults were better in the ptb.

    It was confirmed that they were improved in PTB to be more fair. So yeah it is coming to the next patch

  • I really hope the change to vaulting makes it into the live game. There's no reason not too, I just didn't see any mention of the vault changes in the patch notes.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224004#Comment_1224004

    It was confirmed that they were improved in PTB to be more fair. So yeah it is coming to the next patch

    Oh well good to know

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224091#Comment_1224091

    I really hope the change to vaulting makes it into the live game. There's no reason not too, I just didn't see any mention of the vault changes in the patch notes.

    Then it sounds more like a server fix then a vault fix. It's probably the exact same as it was. But it'll just feel smoother based on that instead of there actually being a fix. Right now if you're getting hit through a window it's because of latency and you were in range of the hit. It just looks bad on the survivors end and feels bad.

  • I'm fine with the latency explanation, but god damn sometimes when I vault a window then I teleport back a bit after I start running away from it that allows the killer to hit me, that is stupid. And it's not because I have bad ping or anything, there's a dedicated server in my state and I always get a solid 60 ping every game. Happens to a lot of people I see to.

  • @senki527 said:

    omg, everytime I vault a window the killer can still hit me 3 meters away from it. I noticed after vaulting a window there is a short duration, where the survivor stops. please make it, that after vaulting a window you immediately run again with running speed without stopping for a second. this could solve the hitbox problem after vaulting a window.

    Mid chapter patch on ptb has done a lot to improve window vaults.

  • @GrannyonAcid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/145489/vaulting-window-needs-more-flow

    You used to be able to fast vault every window no matter what. They decided at some point that this was not good for gameplay. I agree sometimes you get hit while going through a window and it feels bad. But overall it's a good thing for the game. If you get hit through a window it's because you were too late to the window and the killer gets his hit.

    "If you get hit through a window it's because you were too late to the window and the killer gets his hit."

    this is the most untrue thing lmao

    if i had a dollar for everytime i cleared a window and still got hit way past it then I would be a gajillionaire

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1223999#Comment_1223999

    "If you get hit through a window it's because you were too late to the window and the killer gets his hit."

    this is the most untrue thing lmao

    if i had a dollar for everytime i cleared a window and still got hit way past it then I would be a gajillionaire

    Well sure. If you're one of those people that never make a mistake because they say they don't. Then sure you probably don't! But if you aren't a person that thinks everything is a bug, lag, or broken. Then yeah the hits are most likely more accurate then they appear on your screen.

  • @senki527 said:

    omg, everytime I vault a window the killer can still hit me 3 meters away from it. I noticed after vaulting a window there is a short duration, where the survivor stops. please make it, that after vaulting a window you immediately run again with running speed without stopping for a second. this could solve the hitbox problem after vaulting a window.

    Yeah, a lot of killers have 10ft arms when it comes to window vaults. They know it too. ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • Finally someone else has pointed out that your survivor stops moving after a vault.

    It needs a fix!

  • @GrannyonAcid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/145489/vaulting-window-needs-more-flow

    You used to be able to fast vault every window no matter what. They decided at some point that this was not good for gameplay. I agree sometimes you get hit while going through a window and it feels bad. But overall it's a good thing for the game. If you get hit through a window it's because you were too late to the window and the killer gets his hit.

    no he's saying there is a momentary stutter that stops the survivor immediately after vaulting. Getting hit through a window is fine but this stupid stutter is causing it when it really shouldn't

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Finally someone else has pointed out that your survivor stops moving after a vault.

    It needs a fix!

    Can't wait for it to go live,so that vaults are finally fixed.

  • @GrannyonAcid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224094#Comment_1224094

    Then it sounds more like a server fix then a vault fix. It's probably the exact same as it was. But it'll just feel smoother based on that instead of there actually being a fix. Right now if you're getting hit through a window it's because of latency and you were in range of the hit. It just looks bad on the survivors end and feels bad.

    It looks bs on the killer screen aswell man,i could provide 2 clips if you'd want.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1223999#Comment_1223999

    "If you get hit through a window it's because you were too late to the window and the killer gets his hit."

    this is the most untrue thing lmao

    if i had a dollar for everytime i cleared a window and still got hit way past it then I would be a gajillionaire

    It IS true, the devs explained it thoroughly on the last Dec stream. Its also why killer grabs don't work for months now. Do you want me to tell you how many times i got denied of a grab?

  • @BlindMole said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224118#Comment_1224118

    It IS true, the devs explained it thoroughly on the last Dec stream. Its also why killer grabs don't work for months now. Do you want me to tell you how many times i got denied of a grab?

    They also said 150 Ping is good.

    They're so detached from their playerbase it's insane

  • Isnt this fixed now on the PTB?