Why are the devs so oblivious to the fact that

They’ll never be able to buff solo to swf if they don’t add voice chat. Even then if they don’t, many suggestions have been made to improve solo , but the devs don’t implement it because it would be too much information. Literally what do they think swf is?? Just because some don’t use comms they’re gonna dismiss solos even though a majority of swf use comms. When they dismiss solos because of their own interpretation of things they’re also dismissing killers because you can’t buff killers with it not affecting solos. Like what’s so hard to understand about this. Why are you guys too scared to move forward with some changes that’ll help the game health overall?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Joao_Bandicoot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221007#Comment_1221007

    Are you familiar with the game Hearthstone ? It's a card game with tons upon tons of RNG involved in so many levels, yet it is balanced enough for a competitive environment and it has a way better ranking system with bronze to Legend tiers and I can assure you even a super lucky bronze player can't win against an unlucky diamond player. If a game where something can say "do 30 random things (amongst 300+ options) with random targets" and still be balanced enough for the better player win, I'm almost sure that with enough balance tweaks a game where the only RNG is on map generation (with so many limitations these days) can be balanced towards competitive or casual gameplay (whatever way the Devs intend to go).

    What? The very nature of Hearthstone is such that of course a lucky lower rank will beat a higher ranked person in a single game. Games like that are intentionally designed in that fashion, it's not even a secret.

    Perhaps less well-known is the fact that in many "competitive scenes" surrounding these games, organizers work to ensure that the same well-known players maintain a certain level of visibility to give the illusion of some sort of great consistency, but oh well.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1222031#Comment_1222031

    I mean, you're still telling me how unimportant it all is. How everything should be chill. How you'd love a good debate.

    All I'm doing over here is asking why the newbie experience consists mostly of being stomped by full lobbies of high rank people. Thinking of some way to mitigate it. Then you write a paragraph calling names, saying it's toxic, entitled, and so on.

    I'm sorry if this doesn't really lend much credence to the whole, "Just a chill party game, relax!" narrative. I'd just prefer matchmaking to make more sense, like it does in most other games.

    Okay, but that's not the point you were making before. You attacked me for playing with friends, referring to it as "abusing an advantage." Then you implied that saying that it's a casual party game, which it is, or at least was originally meant to be, is hypocrisy and compared it to wanting unfair loops.

    @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221930#Comment_1221930

    They say "Just a fun part game, brah!" but at the same time they're playing just as seriously as anyone else.

    "Party game, brah!" is just a handwave. It's no different than saying, "Don't change infinite loops, it's just a game, no big deal!"

    @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221887#Comment_1221887

    "Ok, but that advantage is fun and I don't actually abuse it, honest! So don't touch it."

    I guess. Some restrictions on lobbies are fairly common in other games, DbD might be the only game I've seen where it can be so thoroughly abused to screw with your opponent.

    These kinds of comments were what I was reacting to. If your problem was just the matchmaking, THAT'S what you should have said. And I agree, this game's matchmaking is a disgrace; there's other way to describe it. It consistently fails both sides. And somehow, it seems to have actually gotten worse over the years. You're absolutely right that it's unfair to newer players. But that's not the fault of SWF's. The devs already said they were making it so that the game matches based on the highest person's rank, and not the average rank of the group like it used to. Now we just have to wait and see if they can actually do it right for once.

  • @Joao_Bandicoot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221007#Comment_1221007

    Are you familiar with the game Hearthstone ? It's a card game with tons upon tons of RNG involved in so many levels, yet it is balanced enough for a competitive environment and it has a way better ranking system with bronze to Legend tiers and I can assure you even a super lucky bronze player can't win against an unlucky diamond player. If a game where something can say "do 30 random things (amongst 300+ options) with random targets" and still be balanced enough for the better player win, I'm almost sure that with enough balance tweaks a game where the only RNG is on map generation (with so many limitations these days) can be balanced towards competitive or casual gameplay (whatever way the Devs intend to go).

    It is still a 1 v 1 scenario and each side had access to the same tools which are balanced so they can be equally as strong.

    In this game a new player could beat a vet depending what they have to work with. That's the rng aspect of maps and everything else the game has. It doesn't matter how good you are if there is nothing around to use then you are going to be hit.

    These games players keep trying to compare were specifically designed from the ground up to work in such a way so there can be an equal playing field with counters for competative play. It makes no sense to use those examples as a 1v1 or 5v5 where each side can use the same as others will always be completely different.

  • @GoddamnBananas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1222038#Comment_1222038

    Okay, but that's not the point you were making before. You attacked me for playing with friends, referring to it as "abusing an advantage." Then you implied that saying that it's a casual party game, which it is, or at least was originally meant to be, is hypocrisy and compared it to wanting unfair loops.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221945#Comment_1221945

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221893#Comment_1221893

    These kinds of comments were what I was reacting to. If your problem was just the matchmaking, THAT'S what you should have said. And I agree, this game's matchmaking is a disgrace; there's other way to describe it. It consistently fails both sides. And somehow, it seems to have actually gotten worse over the years. You're absolutely right that it's unfair to newer players. But that's not the fault of SWF's. The devs already said they were making it so that the game matches based on the highest person's rank, and not the average rank of the group like it used to. Now we just have to wait and see if they can actually do it right for once.

    I didn't "attack" you, I simply said it's an advantage.

    You can choose to believe you're not using the advantage, but you certainly are. Perhaps not to the extent that others do, but it's certainly being used. I highly doubt you don't say, "Killer's over there." to your friends on voice comms.

    Is that bad in and of itself? No, it's fine. What it does seem to do is cause the matchmaking to have such odd results, which is mostly what I object to.

    (That and people seem more willing to turn into total clowns when supported by three friends, but that's another story.)

  • I forgot to mention that a lot of people suggested to add a totem HUD with number of totems that still exist on the map for both sides. I think it will also be a nice QoL change for the game.

1 2 ›