Mom wont let me play Dead By Daylight, even though she reviewed and let me buy it.

Hi I'm Bean, not my real name btw) (M16) and my mom reviewed (I showed her trailers and reviews) Dead by daylight and okayed it, so i payed her and bought the game on steam, played it for a day or 2 and she walks in and see me playing it. She doesnt love anything horror really, so i didnt think she would stick around too long., but she stuck around for the entire match. (I wasnt great at the game so i ran into the killer a lot) After the game was over she told me that i wasn't allowed to play it anymore. I asked her why, and she said it was because of mechanic where the survivor gets hung on a meathook, i was confused, as i had showed her this feature in the trailers and other gameplay videos i had showed her. I brought up this fact and she denied it, i then showed her the videos again and brought up a review site she uses frequently to show her what other people thought about it. She then denied me again and told me to uninstall it, i asked her if i could least get a refund, and she said no. (BTW the link for the site and the age rating is here https://www.commonsensemedia.org/game-reviews/dead-by-daylight ) I was angry, but what could i do, im a kid and at that point in time 13 (sorry i didnt mention it earlier, dont want to rewrite the entire thing). So i said ok and uninstalled it, about 2 years later i wrote an argumenative essay and wouldve convinced my dad (he was genuinely impressed that i wrote something like that) if my mom hadnt stepped in and said ok if i got an A on my next AP Biology test. I did and surprise i didnt get to play it, she then redid the "deal" and said if i got an A on my next AP Bio Unit test, I didnt do so great on that one. If i even mention the name she gets angry and changes the subject or yells at me. What should i do?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • well this game is for mature people for a reason

  • There's nothing anyone can do to help you. You have to listen to your parents until you're 18.

  • Ok, I know this isn't the best idea depending on the parent, but what I did when I was younger is make it clear that I have a favourite.

    Stop talking to your mum as much and start talking to your dad. Give him compliments while your mum is listening (but don't make it obvious that you're doing it on purpose.

    Now if you're mum is someone who seems depressed or very aggressive I wouldn't reccomend doing this, and instead just talk to your dad about it, saying that your mum didn't go ahead with the deal and that she allowed you to buy the game only to not let you play.

    Personally you're at a reasonable age to play, and you're old enough to make your own decisions about what you do with your life.


    Last thing to say, remember, dont take this seriously if you don't want to do it. I'm guessing you're a nice child if you came to the forums to ask for help. I was a ######### of a child and very hostile, so please, don't do this unless this is a last resort and you know no harm will come from this. Go with option 2 if possible.

  • I wish you the best of luck bean

    Building a trusting relationship with your parents will always be difficult. As a 26yr my grandmother will still show up at my own house and try to do my laundry "the right way"

    The best you can do is show your maturity. And not just in this but in all things. Training and teaching your parents just as much as they can teach you

    Let her know that you understand the difference between games and fiction and that seeing scary images or brutal images doesn't harm you but help you build a resistance to the real evils of the world.


    Show them the lessons and skills videos build in you.

    Like relationships between teammates or how to handle when someone is being negative to you in a positive way


    Dead by daylight helps you with memory of all the perks. The precision and timing

    The math behind

    how fast you run 4mps vs the killers 4.6mps and how much distance you can put up or how many seconds it takes to catch you


    Good luck

  • @emptyCups said:

    I wish you the best of luck bean

    Building a trusting relationship with your parents will always be difficult. As a 26yr my grandmother will still show up at my own house and try to do my laundry "the right way"

    The best you can do is show your maturity. And not just in this but in all things. Training and teaching your parents just as much as they can teach you

    Let her know that you understand the difference between games and fiction and that seeing scary images or brutal images doesn't harm you but help you build a resistance to the real evils of the world.

    Show them the lessons and skills videos build in you.

    Like relationships between teammates or how to handle when someone is being negative to you in a positive way

    Dead by daylight helps you with memory of all the perks. The precision and timing

    The math behind

    how fast you run 4mps vs the killers 4.6mps and how much distance you can put up or how many seconds it takes to catch you

    Good luck

    This advice is much better than mine, please read that instead of what I did.

  • She is your mom, respect her and uninstall the game. When you move into your own place then you can play all you like. Sorry but that's just the hard facts, she makes the rules until you move out and she is the woman who gave birth to you so respect her wishes even if they seem unfair to you.

  • @Cheers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1217636#Comment_1217636

    This advice is much better than mine, please read that instead of what I did.

    <3

  • Dead by Daylight has an age rating for a reason!