HIT BOXES NEED REDUCED TO PLAYER SIZE!

The size of these hit boxes are absolutely ridiculous, they need to be reduced to the size of the person instead of the complete air around their personal space. I was hit by a hatchet that should have completely missed me, hit by a pig through a window that showed her blade coming short of me....There are sooooo many examples of this on Youtube through various streamers, I'm surprised this hasn't been fixed in the years this game has been live. There is no reason each survivor / killer should have a literal box around them for a hit box, this seriously needs to be reduced to the exact size of each survivor and killer. Swinging through windows is fine, everything in general is fine to me, but the hit boxes cause so much grief. Things that shouldn't have hit or have happened, cause a lot of frustration when they do. Hatches missing by a mile still connecting, killers in general missing by a mile still hitting, force everyone to be accurate and precise and the player base will adjust. Now you could say it's lag or a ping issue, but I play on a 30 ping, that doesn't really apply here. This is the #1 thing IMO that needs a serious rework and a serious patch / fix, it's almost game breaking, especially for those that are newer players. I've brought my friends to this game who quickly left because of the sheer frustration caused by this. YOU'RE NOT DOING A PRETTY GOOD JOB SO FAR IF THIS STILL EXISTS IN THE GAME!


Raven

Comments

  • The current hit capsules are better suited for melee attacks than body sized hitboxes.

    Injured survivors would become borderline unhittable from behind due to their posture, unless you're touching their ass.

    Every killer, and doubly so those with "short" weapons (especially freddy) would need to receive ridiculous buffs to keep up with such a change.

  • @Raptorrotas said:

    The current hit capsules are better suited for melee attacks than body sized hitboxes.

    Injured survivors would become borderline unhittable from behind due to their posture, unless you're touching their ass.

    Every killer, and doubly so those with "short" weapons (especially freddy) would need to receive ridiculous buffs to keep up with such a change.

    I honestly think the killers / player base in general would both adjust, I usually finish around rank 5-8 killer (Dependent on how much I play killer that season.) rank 1-2 Survivor, even as a killer I realize a lot of the hits I get are complete and utter bs that shouldn't have hit. I normally play Huntress, Pig and Doctor starting to level up a few others for variance since I just unlocked all the killers but it literally takes a lot of fun out of the game for me because half the fun is the chase and the reward of downing that pesky survivor that's been t-bagging the entire game as killer. In all honesty they could start with the exact player size run it for a month see how the player base responds and slowly expand it over time if need be but the boxes right now are horrendous.

  • Just fyi, I'm not passing judgement or anything, but looping is made possible because survivor hitboxes are slightly smaller than killer hitboxes, which means that any time a survivor makes a turn around an obstacle, it takes the killer more time to catch up to the survivor than if the two players were out in the open around no obstacles. Looping effectively minimizes the faster movement speed inherently given to killers. That's why it was possible for survivors to endlessly loop a Hag using Scarred Hand before the Hag adjustments. She was 101% speed, I believe, and because of hitboxes, she couldn't catch up to any looping survivor.

  • Please realize that there is a different reason for those unfair hits.

    Hitboxes in this game are totally fine as they are.The real problem are lag and dedicated servers.

    If the killer has a bad connection to the servers then you will notice him getting these unfair hits.

    What needs to be done is the devs further improving their servers and add a feature to see the killers ping.