This game needs more original Killers.

I get it that a lot of people are wanting Candyman, Chucky, Pinhead, Jason and other licensed Killers, but instead of asking for that, I am personally really interested in more BHVR original (or maybe even community-created Killers) being added into the game.

This way we can truly see what BHVR got up their sleeve. Deathslinger was original, at least in my eyes, and it was rather unexpected and fun, too.

A lot of people thought Deathslinger was going to be Pinhead because of the chains, but it wasn't. Now, people think it will be Candyman because Tony Todd followed BHVR on Twitter.

I think it's best if we just wait and see!

But I am personally betting on another original Killer that BHVR alone came up with.


P.S. Have a nice day and thank you for reading!

Comments

  • BHVR seem to follow a pattern between alternating between a couple of licensed releases, then a couple of originals, then a couple of licensed. I think that pattern, Tony Todd's twitter, the Candyman reboot's release date, everything lines up a bit too well IMO for it to not be a Candyman chapter.

    While I also enjoy their original Killers a lot too (and there are obvious advantages, like more freedom being possible with designs), licensed Killers also present interesting opportunities for how exactly they'll be implemented and how to adapt their concepts into DbD, and that also has benefits beyond just the financial ones.

    I mean, the Obsession mechanic might not exist without the Halloween DLC, for example.

  • I think we need both, but one day, it should be more bhvr killers because we will have all movie killers haha

  • @Lexilogo said:

    BHVR seem to follow a pattern between alternating between a couple of licensed releases, then a couple of originals, then a couple of licensed. I think that pattern, Tony Todd's twitter, the Candyman reboot's release date, everything lines up a bit too well IMO for it to not be a Candyman chapter.

    While I also enjoy their original Killers a lot too (and there are obvious advantages, like more freedom being possible with designs), licensed Killers also present interesting opportunities for how exactly they'll be implemented and how to adapt their concepts into DbD, and that also has benefits beyond just the financial ones.

    I mean, the Obsession mechanic might not exist without the Halloween DLC, for example.

    You've made good points there.

    Then again, since the Obsession mechanic came with the Halloween DLC, then I hope more new mechanics come with future releases. I personally don't even care about the perks or cosmetics anymore. Only the power and any new mechanics.

  • @Godot said:

    I get it that a lot of people are wanting Candyman, Chucky, Pinhead, Jason and other licensed Killers, but instead of asking for that, I am personally really interested in more BHVR original (or maybe even community-created Killers) being added into the game.

    This way we can truly see what BHVR got up their sleeve. Deathslinger was original, at least in my eyes, and it was rather unexpected and fun, too.

    A lot of people thought Deathslinger was going to be Pinhead because of the chains, but it wasn't. Now, people think it will be Candyman because Tony Todd followed BHVR on Twitter.

    I think it's best if we just wait and see!

    But I am personally betting on another original Killer that BHVR alone came up with.

    P.S. Have a nice day and thank you for reading!

    I like that I idea but I would like to see pennywise before they do orginal killers

  • Yes I personally am sick of getting licenced Killers, its cool and all but its just... not creative, we already know everything about these Killers from the movies, there is basicly nothing new to them in the game. Its way more interesting beeing suprised with what awsome ideas the devs and artists there come up with, for example Oni, Plague, Legion are WONDERFULL Killers, I love them and they are very interesting and cool characters, way better then any licence character by FAR. I personally like all original chapters, they have everytime something unique to it, I hope the devs will keep goign with more original chapters rather then just taking more licences.

  • I agree with you simply because I can get original Killers for free with shards lmao.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    Yes I personally am sick of getting licenced Killers, its cool and all but its just... not creative, we already know everything about these Killers from the movies, there is basicly nothing new to them in the game. Its way more interesting beeing suprised with what awsome ideas the devs and artists there come up with, for example Oni, Plague, Legion are WONDERFULL Killers, I love them and they are very interesting and cool characters, way better then any licence character by FAR. I personally like all original chapters, they have everytime something unique to it, I hope the devs will keep goign with more original chapters rather then just taking more licences.

    Tbh some of the licensed suck, legion literally everyone hates on him, oni i find him to be annoying because you have to really rely on your team for him and if your team is full of noobs you have no absolute hope of escaping with him plus he encourages slugging, deathslinger heavily encourages camping which is the worst strategy in the game imo. And clown just sucks in general,I love licensed killers especially demogorgon i do actually find him quiet balanced he cant instadown and actually requires skin to down people and apply pressure. however in all fairness im mainly sick of all the insta down killers.

    instadown shouldnt be easy to get its why all instadown perks are on totems in the first place but some killers especially leather face everybody hates that the second he puts someone on that hook and decides he wants to camp everybody knows the person on hook has no chance of getting off at all

  • @NovaliumTS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1209878#Comment_1209878

    Tbh some of the licensed suck, legion literally everyone hates on him, oni i find him to be annoying because you have to really rely on your team for him and if your team is full of noobs you have no absolute hope of escaping with him plus he encourages slugging, deathslinger heavily encourages camping which is the worst strategy in the game imo. And clown just sucks in general,I love licensed killers especially demogorgon i do actually find him quiet balanced he cant instadown and actually requires skin to down people and apply pressure. however in all fairness im mainly sick of all the insta down killers.

    instadown shouldnt be easy to get its why all instadown perks are on totems in the first place but some killers especially leather face everybody hates that the second he puts someone on that hook and decides he wants to camp everybody knows the person on hook has no chance of getting off at all

    Well I personally love legion from the buttom of my hearth. I just hate them from the gameplay. They are very weak and boring, the devs decided to take everything fun out of the Killer to replace it or nerf it down to a very sluggish, dull and simple Killer. Imo Oni or Deathslinger are both very fun and balanced. I can understand that insta down can be frustrating but the same goes to sabo, flashlight saves or pallet saves, these are things that doesnt happen alot, just like insta downs but if they happen they are very frustrating. But every game and everything in life can have frustrating things, its natural and you shouldnt focus to much on those things.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1209910#Comment_1209910

    Well I personally love legion from the buttom of my hearth. I just hate them from the gameplay. They are very weak and boring, the devs decided to take everything fun out of the Killer to replace it or nerf it down to a very sluggish, dull and simple Killer. Imo Oni or Deathslinger are both very fun and balanced. I can understand that insta down can be frustrating but the same goes to sabo, flashlight saves or pallet saves, these are things that doesnt happen alot, just like insta downs but if they happen they are very frustrating. But every game and everything in life can have frustrating things, its natural and you shouldnt focus to much on those things.

    Yea i wasnt trying to diss legion as he was my first character i bought and i still play him from time to time

    With pallet saves and flash saves and ect.. most of the time good killers know how to combat these.

    With my demogorgon i have crushed 4 squad flashlight swf with only common add ons because i used their toxicity against them. In a game thats mostly about strategy instadown killers arent really needed at all

  • @NovaliumTS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1209927#Comment_1209927

    Yea i wasnt trying to diss legion as he was my first character i bought and i still play him from time to time

    With pallet saves and flash saves and ect.. most of the time good killers know how to combat these.

    With my demogorgon i have crushed 4 squad flashlight swf with only common add ons because i used their toxicity against them. In a game thats mostly about strategy instadown killers arent really needed at all

    I never said that it is hard to counter or something, I meant that IF it happens, you can be the best Killer in the world, there will be once a situation where you dont expect that and you will be saved, then this can be frustrating.