The Game

This map.. is great, actually. The overall design is perfect for both killers and survivors, with a decent amount of pallets for survivors, and corridors for killers.

HOWEVER..

The killer radius on this map is horrible. You can't tell whether they're upstairs or downstairs with that. It cancels out spine chill as well, so that perk also doesn't help. Obviously for more experienced survivors, they just look around to see where the killer is, but for baby survivors.. Yikes.

I think they should make it so the terror radius doesn't travel through the upper and downstairs floors. Does anyone agree? Disagree? Tell me. Please don't be an ass, just tell me your opinion! I'll gladly listen. :)

Comments

  • I used to hate the game as a survivor, but once I got used to it, it is not that bad. It is also a nightmare for killer when it comes to hooking. I can get the most saves for my teammates on this map with saboing if I scrounge up a toolbox. Most people hate this map, but I think Hawkins is much worse.

    The terror radius doesn't bother me except with Doc. Because of it he can shock you from either floor. It is a nightmare facing him on that map.

  • @feechima said:

    I used to hate the game as a survivor, but once I got used to it, it is not that bad. It is also a nightmare for killer when it comes to hooking. I can get the most saves for my teammates on this map with saboing if I scrounge up a toolbox. Most people hate this map, but I think Hawkins is much worse.

    The terror radius doesn't both me except with Doc. Because of it he can shock you from either floor. It is a nightmare facing him on that map.

    With a bit of tweaking it could be a great map!

    Why do you hate Hawkins? I personally have a hate/love relationship with it. Why do you dislike it?

  • @Snowstruck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1207395#Comment_1207395

    With a bit of tweaking it could be a great map!

    Why do you hate Hawkins? I personally have a hate/love relationship with it. Why do you dislike it?

    Hawkins is the smallest map and the worst map for survival for a reason. It has the same terror radius problem as the game but not on separate floors- when someone is in chase with the killer it sounds like the killer is right on top of you. There are blind corners everywhere, hard to find gens, almost all pallets are unsafe , and for every door you run through you can be cut off from another angle. It has more dead ends than any other map. Bloodlust is my biggest issue with this map, killers don't really have to break anything except for one or two pallets in the middle. Even the gates are really unsafe. Atleast on the game there is a pallet and high dumpsters right near the door you can loop. On Hawkins if you're injured and the killer comes to that door, it is game over.

  • @feechima said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1207426#Comment_1207426

    Hawkins is the smallest map and the worst map for survival for a reason. It has the same terror radius problem as the game but not on separate floors- when someone is in chase with the killer it sounds like the killer is right on top of you. There are blind corners everywhere, hard to find gens, almost all pallets are unsafe , and for every door you run through you can be cut off from another angle. It has more dead ends than any other map. Bloodlust is my biggest issue with this map, killers don't really have to break anything except for one or two pallets in the middle. Even the gates are really unsafe. Atleast on the game there is a pallet and high dumpsters right near the door you can loop. On Hawkins if you're injured and the killer comes to that door, it is game over.

    True.