Any ways to give survivor pressure

Help, can any1 tell me how to pressure gens, keep getting gen rush every match, help me

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Give up far off generators

    Slug

    If there is a DS sometimes, if you can eat it really early, tunneling may be a smarter option. It's better to eat a DS early then let it become a free escape late game. Also, try to only eat 1 DS, tunnel them and then work on stabilizing. Eating 4 DS every time is really risky unless they were really short chases.

    Defend hooks when you need to. Some survivors will work on gens even if the killer isn't camping. Each hook state is 1 min. If they are working on bad gens, then you can camp out a hook stage and guard more critical gens. So the next time you catch that survivor, they are dead.

    Slug

    limit the amount of time you chase a survivor but try to get at least a pallet or hit out of them. And keep an eye out for weak survivors that can't loop very well.

    Slug

    ignore god loops, there's nothing you can do about them (subject to change)

    Slug

    Use your power when you can, and not every single time thoughtlessly

    and Slug because it pulls survivors off of gens, giving them another objective that isn't really optional.

  • I'd just like to add to the above that slugging is overrated as a method of applying pressure. What I mean by that is that slugging every time you down someone is more likely to lose you the game than win it. If you can get another down by slugging, by all means go for it, but it's a strategy that needs to be employed strategically and requires a lot of game awareness to do right, such that it actually does work to increase pressure and doesn't just waste your time.

    A much more reliable way of applying pressure after you've downed a survivor is hooking them. Not only will this get you closer to the best means of applying pressure (kills) in a way that slugging will not, but it is also, for that reason, a far better way of compelling survivors to get off generators and go for the save.

    As a survivor main, I can tell you that most of the time when someone is downed, I ignore it, because I assume the killer is hanging around nearby or about to pick them up and it would be too dangerous. Plus, it's possible that they have Unbreakable and will get themselves up. If the person is lying on the ground for maybe 20 seconds or more, and/or the killer is clearly in a chase with someone else, then I might consider going to pick them up. If they were hooked, I would know that they can't rescue themselves, the killer is probably not hanging around near them, and it could seriously hurt my chances of survival if I ignore them and let them die, so I am much more likely to get off my generator sooner and go save them in that situation. Basically, from the survivor perspective, a hooked teammate feels a lot more threatening than a downed one does, and that's what pressure is all about - making the survivors feel threatened.

  • Most has been already said, but i want to add something:

    Don't feel bad if you smack a survivor you recently hooked because he just ran into you or is still self caring under the hook. Punish every mistake they make.

    Most loops are best for killers if you chase counterclockwise. But still look where they can go during a chase.

    Remember where pallets were dropped and broken and try to get them into that area so they have no backup.

    And maybe watch this, even though the video is over 2 years old, some points are still valid. Especially the mind game stuff.

  • @Fibijean said:

    I'd just like to add to the above that slugging is overrated as a method of applying pressure. What I mean by that is that slugging every time you down someone is more likely to lose you the game than win it. If you can get another down by slugging, by all means go for it, but it's a strategy that needs to be employed strategically and requires a lot of game awareness to do right, such that it actually does work to increase pressure and doesn't just waste your time.

    A much more reliable way of applying pressure after you've downed a survivor is hooking them. Not only will this get you closer to the best means of applying pressure (kills) in a way that slugging will not, but it is also, for that reason, a far better way of compelling survivors to get off generators and go for the save.

    As a survivor main, I can tell you that most of the time when someone is downed, I ignore it, because I assume the killer is hanging around nearby or about to pick them up and it would be too dangerous. Plus, it's possible that they have Unbreakable and will get themselves up. If the person is lying on the ground for maybe 20 seconds or more, and/or the killer is clearly in a chase with someone else, then I might consider going to pick them up. If they were hooked, I would know that they can't rescue themselves, the killer is probably not hanging around near them, and it could seriously hurt my chances of survival if I ignore them and let them die, so I am much more likely to get off my generator sooner and go save them in that situation. Basically, from the survivor perspective, a hooked teammate feels a lot more threatening than a downed one does, and that's what pressure is all about - making the survivors feel threatened.

    Have to agree here for much the same reason. If someone isn't picked up fairly soon after they are downed, I'm going to assume they are bait unless my empathy shows that the killer is chasing someone else, and if that chase is too close to the downed survivor, I'm staying where I am. I don't feed slugging anymore than I would feed Camping.

    If someone is on the hook, I am far more likely to stop what I'm doing to go help.

  • I made a thread categorizing killer pressure in tiers.

    @Rezblaze said:

    This is just a fun guide/categorization of what I consider to be various amounts of killer pressure and what their use is.

    I'm not exactly a pro at this game, but I do consider myself a veteran, as I've played this game since the Beta release and off and on since then.

    I will categorize the various activities that apply pressure in Low Pressure, Moderate Pressure, and High Pressure.

    Its important to know that things that are Low Pressure doesn't necessarily mean its bad, but it just means that, on its own, it doesn't help out much, and is more useful when stacked up with other forms of pressure.

    LOW PRESSURE

    • Generator Regression (Standard, no perks)

    Gen regression at its standard rate is low pressure. It can help out to stall gens a bit, especially if left unattended for a long period of time. But its an activity that soaks up time, and if you kick a gen while chasing someone, it can often lead to a chase that's longer than it needs to be. Knowing when to kick and when not to can help increase its pressure potential, but its standard regression without perks isn't too much of a concern for Survivors if they can get on the gen in a reasonable amount of time. Perks like Pop Goes The Weasel increase this pressure immensely.

    • Chases

    Chases are low pressure. Being in a chase with someone means that you're keeping someone from doing an activity that accomplishes their objective. But with four Survivors left, chases don't cause too much pressure, only multiplying with other kinds of pressure. A chase that goes on for too long can work against the killer, and sometimes it can lose you matches.

    • Breaking Pallets (Unsafe)

    Breaking unsafe pallets is low pressure. Yes, it subtracts a pallet from the map, but its time that can be used chasing, mind gaming, or getting a hit in. Sometimes, unsafe pallets can help you, especially ones that seem safe but are actually unsafe. Be sure to know which pallets are like that. But also know which ones you have to break as they could be a pest down the line, even as an unsafe pallet, as leaving one for a survivor to run into during a later chase will let them gain more distance on you than they would have otherwise.

    MODERATE PRESSURE

    • Injuring

    Injuring survivors is moderate pressure. When a killer injures a survivor, they have the upper hand in most situations; if they heal, that's time they wasted not doing their main objective. If they don't, that means you can get them down in one shot with a basic attack. This doesn't mean they aren't still a problem, as when they do not heal, they may favor doing their main objective, or favor being injured for access to certain perks like Dead Hard to prolong chases. But in general, its never a bad thing to injure a survivor.

    • Hooking

    Hooking a survivor is moderate pressure. I was debating on whether to put this on low or moderate, but settled on this. A survivor that's hooked means there's one who cannot participate in any objectives and requires at least one other person to rescue. And if you start a chase with a third person, that's pressure that adds up throughout the match. They're sacrificing a lot of time to get their hooked person back. Though hooking can lead to its own problems as it isn't always viable to hook someone. Sometimes its just better pressure to slug.

    • Slugging

    Slugging is moderate pressure. Its a risky move with meta perks like Unbreakable around, but often times its a good way to ramp up immediate pressure and increase your snowball potential. It also undeniably slows down the game, as you avoid the trek it takes to hook a survivor, then search to find another survivor. Slugging allows more smoother transitions from no pressure to large amounts of pressure in moments, if played right. I myself tend to slug if I know another survivor is nearby and I can start another chase immediately, meaning one survivor has to pick up the Slugged person, and I'm also starting a chase with someone else. The same pressure with a hook, but more immediate.

    • Breaking Pallets (Safe/God)

    Breaking safe or god pallets is moderate pressure. Some may argue that breaking safe pallets is high pressure, but the action itself takes a bit to do, and while that's one safe pallet out of the way, some maps have a good amount of safe pallets. Most of the time, these need to be broken out of necessity, not because they grant genuine pressure. Still, it subtracts one safe area the Survivors can loop you at, which puts it at moderate.

    HIGH PRESSURE

    • Mobility

    Standard movement speed, powers, perks, anything dealing with movement speed is instantly considered high pressure in my book. It does a good number of things; it helps with map traversal, searching, shortening chases, easier injuring, faster hooking... Its an all-around good thing to have for any killer. This is why the Billy is so infamous for his insane mobility, and the Nurse as well. Mobility covers all the bases and then some.

    • Killing Survivors

    Killing just one survivor gives the Killer extremely high pressure. Its one of the few actions the Killer can take against survivors that is permanent for the entire match. Killing one survivor early on can often times guarantee a safe win against most solo queues. This is why tunneling is still a tactic; you, as a killer, would be a fool NOT to eliminate one survivor from the match. There's no incentive not to except for Decisive Strike (another bandaid fix from the Devs). While this tactic is not fun, the pressure it grants the Killer is undeniable, and grants a certain amount of relief and breathing space that few other actions in this game can do.

    Anyway, this was a quick run-down for those who are newer, or for those who are just interested in my take on pressure in the game. I hope you enjoy this post, if there's anything I missed do let me know.

    Go ahead and give it a read.

  • @Fibijean said:

    I'd just like to add to the above that slugging is overrated as a method of applying pressure. What I mean by that is that slugging every time you down someone is more likely to lose you the game than win it. If you can get another down by slugging, by all means go for it, but it's a strategy that needs to be employed strategically and requires a lot of game awareness to do right, such that it actually does work to increase pressure and doesn't just waste your time.

    A much more reliable way of applying pressure after you've downed a survivor is hooking them. Not only will this get you closer to the best means of applying pressure (kills) in a way that slugging will not, but it is also, for that reason, a far better way of compelling survivors to get off generators and go for the save.

    As a survivor main, I can tell you that most of the time when someone is downed, I ignore it, because I assume the killer is hanging around nearby or about to pick them up and it would be too dangerous. Plus, it's possible that they have Unbreakable and will get themselves up. If the person is lying on the ground for maybe 20 seconds or more, and/or the killer is clearly in a chase with someone else, then I might consider going to pick them up. If they were hooked, I would know that they can't rescue themselves, the killer is probably not hanging around near them, and it could seriously hurt my chances of survival if I ignore them and let them die, so I am much more likely to get off my generator sooner and go save them in that situation. Basically, from the survivor perspective, a hooked teammate feels a lot more threatening than a downed one does, and that's what pressure is all about - making the survivors feel threatened.

    So I'd like to add something about your second paragraph. It's more situational, but there's a situation where I don't hook the survivor I downed, and it's if I already have someone hooked and that I know the survivors are already in a bad position. Instead of hooking the survivor I just downed, I go back to the other one hooked because I know that it's the perfect time to rescue him, so I can get more hit or downs. Again, it's situational and I don't do this every time, but it's also a good way to keep or increase the pressure.

  • My way to give pressure is injured more (if u spot more than 1 Survivor), than down a single one. That Survivor will self care with 40sec not on Gen, or another Survivor heal the 1st injured one which 2 Survivors with 20sec not on Gen. I think its enough time to down the 2nd one that u injured.

    Totally ignore Survivor attention for chase. U have 1 Survivor not on Gen by default, make 2 or 3 by injuries or chase others

    Note 3 Gens that closed together, patrol around those frequently to make non of them being touched. Until 4 Gen done, its when the game truly begin.

    Slug isnt viable to me, which mean u give up a hook that u should have.


    Remember the game design is to let u have 2K average. U're not meant to have 4K every match.

  • @AtraXis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1203726#Comment_1203726

    So I'd like to add something about your second paragraph. It's more situational, but there's a situation where I don't hook the survivor I downed, and it's if I already have someone hooked and that I know the survivors are already in a bad position. Instead of hooking the survivor I just downed, I go back to the other one hooked because I know that it's the perfect time to rescue him, so I can get more hit or downs. Again, it's situational and I don't do this every time, but it's also a good way to keep or increase the pressure.

    Sure, that's why I said it's something that needs to be employed strategically. There are absolutely situations where it's appropriate to slug rather than hook, but the problem I see is too many people see their favourite streamers slugging every game or saying things like "you have to slug to win now" and they take that to mean that they should always slug right after they down someone regardless of circumstances, which is, more often than not, a mistake. Slugging is a good tactic to have in your arsenal, but it needs to be done with a plan in mind, otherwise all it does is lose you points.

  • STart slugging. Once you get two down, the other two HAVE to get off their gens and go help. Then you're in control. Then you swap out hooks until they've all been hooked multiple times and only a few gens have popped. You still get max points and can get merciless.

  • 1: don’t go for chases without getting a pallet or hit within 30 seconds, you will waste time and throw the game.

    2: make sure mindgame when u can and don’t when u can’t. Don’t waste your time breaking pallets when you could easily double back and catch the survivor.

    3: don’t rely on hexes or use bad perks. People don’t realise how useless perks like sloppy and nurses are against good survivors, they just won’t heal, duh?

    4: rotate rotate and rotate. I can’t stress this enough, learn when to rotate and don’t waste your time on useless chases.

    5: play per your killer, each killer needs to be played a different way and some killers will have 3 gens pop in 2 minutes only to snowball and prevent any more from being done. I hate seeing killers who run perks such as sloppy and try to injure everyone whilst playing nurse, spirit, huntress. These killers excel at 1v1’s and it’s far more effective to constantly be downing people and hooking rather than injuring and slugging.

  • @Fibijean said:

    I'd just like to add to the above that slugging is overrated as a method of applying pressure. What I mean by that is that slugging every time you down someone is more likely to lose you the game than win it. If you can get another down by slugging, by all means go for it, but it's a strategy that needs to be employed strategically and requires a lot of game awareness to do right, such that it actually does work to increase pressure and doesn't just waste your time.

    A much more reliable way of applying pressure after you've downed a survivor is hooking them. Not only will this get you closer to the best means of applying pressure (kills) in a way that slugging will not, but it is also, for that reason, a far better way of compelling survivors to get off generators and go for the save.

    As a survivor main, I can tell you that most of the time when someone is downed, I ignore it, because I assume the killer is hanging around nearby or about to pick them up and it would be too dangerous. Plus, it's possible that they have Unbreakable and will get themselves up. If the person is lying on the ground for maybe 20 seconds or more, and/or the killer is clearly in a chase with someone else, then I might consider going to pick them up. If they were hooked, I would know that they can't rescue themselves, the killer is probably not hanging around near them, and it could seriously hurt my chances of survival if I ignore them and let them die, so I am much more likely to get off my generator sooner and go save them in that situation. Basically, from the survivor perspective, a hooked teammate feels a lot more threatening than a downed one does, and that's what pressure is all about - making the survivors feel threatened.

    I tend to slug if I have a hooked survivor, since it's forcing 2 survivors off objectives. One gets stalled to heal, and I can defend the hook.