Tome 3: A Reskin of the Last Two Tomes Itself

Where do I begin, the lack of creative content, the repetitive 70 Tier grind for a 'meh' reward, or the fact that this Tome is by far the least attractive of the last two? Even some of the top streamers, Tru3, Puppers, Monto, seem disappointed in the latest Tome.

I want to be positive about this Tome, but I just don't see anything good enough for me to be convinced purchase it. I mean, when we compare it to other battle passes, such as Modern Warfare for example:

1.) The cost is the same, $10, they both also "give back" your dollar just in their currency.

2.) Way more customization's in the entire pass for Modern Warfare

3.) New weapons that you must earn or pay an insane amount of dollars for (not logical to pay tiers IMO it cost more than it's worth)

4.) Fresh content and rewards to make the experience unique and more rewarding

That's just the short list. I believe BHVR is capable of providing a better experience through the Tome for it's players, I just feel like this Tome is way to dull and feels like a never-ending cycle of reskins, most of which give you a feeling of "oh, cool.... I think/guess" instead of, "wow I really want to grind, this skin/custom pallet design (just an idea) looks great!"

TL;DR: I don't feel like this Tome is worth spending my money on this time around, there are way to many other battle passes out there that offer tons of unique and fresh content that DBD just isn't doing. This is just my opinion, but I'm curious to see if anyone would like to express their own as well.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I’m looking forward to the legion skin it looks sick I also play this game a lot so I don’t mind the grind the rift gives me something to do lol

  • Personally I found about as much to like in this Tome as I did in the last one, and more than I did in the first. They might be trying something a bit different to what they usually do, stylistically, which happens to be more my speed than much of what they usually put out but may not be everyone else's. It may also have to do with the fact that I don't mind recolours, especially if I happen to like the new colour better than the old one (as in the case of the new Claudette outfit, for example), because I very rarely buy Store cosmetics so to me it feels like being given random existing cosmetics for free.

    I just put it down to different strokes for different folks, but disappointment does seem to be the popular response at the moment, unfortunately, and I can understand that as well.

  • I’m good with the rift. I want Kate, Dwight, Legion, Yui, Plague, and Claudettes outfits.

  • I like this rift quite a bit, it has a stronger charm game than the other two. The Dwight outfit, Huntress Weapon, Legion Outfit, Adam Torso, David Torso, and the Kate Sweater also interest me, but not as much as the Clown or Feng outfits in the last one

  • This is just their third attempt, and on last survey they asked about cutomizable Mori animations. How long does Modern Warfare have their battle pass running? I think we can prepare for some new stuff in the future, there were also suggestions for killers to customize the basement. Your disappointment on the cosmetics are purely subjective. And even Puppers said that he is excited about the Kate cosmetic. And still, you get a lot for free and if you bought the first or second premium path, you still get all of the third tome for free if you finish the rift. If you don't finish, keep your cells for the 4th rift. And so on. Still free.